It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 21

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I bet you look adorable in your braids.

Donating your hair is a lovely idea if you decide to cut it.

Back when I needed a wig, I went to a place where they were supposed to give free wigs to cancer patients. The shop had cards and advertisements. My hair back then took longer to fall out than most people, but once it started to fall out, it was happening quickly. I go to the place and discover they no longer gave away free wigs. It cost me 6 or 7 hundred bucks for a nice wig that looked natural where folks couldn't tell. I was too weak and tired to go looking elsewhere. My Sister helped me pay for it. I told the cancer center what happened and they pulled the shops business cards and ad flyers.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Yes, we need a castle for all of us. I think you and I and all of us with back problems should be on the first floor or have elevators put in. LOL

Yes, I colored my hair! Finally!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Wow sweetie, I'm sorry. I didn't know you lost your hair.

That's terrible that they charged you so much for a wig!! I thought the wigs from donated hair were either free or low cost to the patient. How sad that there are scams when people are thinking that they are helping somebody.
If I do decide to go ahead with it I will do some research first.
Geez...who knew?

Oh...your stuffed peppers made me hungry so I just had toast and peanut butter, lol.
It's a tea and blankets and eat snacks kind of day.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hello ladies! I’m NOT in a coffee shop today!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The shop at one time did donate them for free but then stopped. The cancer center needed to be aware of that.
It was back in 2011 when I had lost my hair, but once my chemo was done, it started growing fast, though not fast enough for me. The strangest thing was looking in the mirror, knowing it was me yet...it wasn't.

I realize we are not our hair, but it was a huge difference and I always hated short hair because when I was a kid, my Mom often had my hair cut. LOL To this day I have really long hair and refuse to cut it. It's like the clothes we choose and love and feel comfortable with. Ya know?

I'm sure whoever takes in the donated hair will do good. I just got stuck because the shop I went to changed their policy.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

No coffee shop today? Wow! Get to the kitchen, we made a fresh pot. How are you today Shep?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I’m actually donating blood. So coffee is probably not the best! LOL
I’m doing good today. How are you guys?

Also, please excuse any typos- I’m typing on my phone with one thumb!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I realize we are not our hair, but it was a huge difference and I always hated short hair because when I was a kid, my Mom often had my hair cut. LOL To this day I have really long hair and refuse to cut it.

Same here!! I'm pretty sure that's why I wear mine long too.
I do understand about not recognizing yourself in the mirror...that's why I'm scared to make a drastic change now.

Shep...Hi hunny!! Don't mind us with the girl talk.
So if you're not in a coffee shop where are you hanging out this afternoon?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hey lady - see the post above!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I just saw it now! Do you get cookies after?

I'm fine thanks hunny, how are you doing today?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Awesome that you are donating blood Shep!

Jacy may be donating her hair, you are donating blood and I have a couple of bags filled with clothing and stuff to donate to the poor. Must be donation day.

Are you going to move into our castle? Gordi's buying.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yup! And juice, and fig newtons too!
This is my first time donating a “double red”. It’s a little different than a standard donation.

Work and life is all still frantic but it’s all good!!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh, yes! Castle sounds great!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
Oh, yes! Castle sounds great!

I pledge to stop swiping Gordi's credit card for all our parties. He will need every penny to get that castle for us. Such a generous loving soul that man. Thank you Sir Gordi! Or will that make you King? OMG, can you imagine King Gordi? Hope I don't end up in the dungeon.

What is a double red blood donation?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well, I shall salute King Gordi if in fact he buys us a castle!

A double-red donation is when you donate two units of just the red cells. They hook you up to this machine that pulls your whole blood out, spins it in a centrifuge to separate the red cells and the plasma, then returns your plasma back into your body. You can't donate as often, but you're donating twice as much, so it works out. Since I'm O- they want me to donate doubles like this.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Argh! Sorry I disappeared. I just got locked out of my apartment!

My landlord was here checking her spare keys for the real estate agent. I walked out with her to have a smoke and my door locked behind me. Thank goodness I took my phone with me, I had to call her to come back.
It scared me and now I'm shaking....always something...

Ok...will read what I missed now.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
OK, well I'm all donated now so I'm going to head out. I may be on later - we'll see how I feel. I might just be sleepin'!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Shep...take it easy hun, rest if you need to.
Might see you later.

Sorry I sounded like a drama queen above...living with anxiety means everything is a big freaking deal.
I apologize.

You did a good thing...go home and look after you now.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

.living with anxiety means everything is a big freaking deal.

YES!!!! It's horrible! I wish I could be like my Husband where nothing phases him.

(((HUGS!)))

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Bye Shep! Rest up and talk later.

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join