It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banksy Artwork Sells for £1 Million then shreds itself

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: InTheLight

well Yeh I completely agree !

its a concerted effort by everyone, but a lot of us arent pulling their weight
a lot of us need a kick up the arse to remember what the goal is !

" it's not just about you"

but its hard to get people out of their wee bubbles and world views and to look at the bigger picture !
everyone is always just about them and their immediate family and damn everyone else !

It's apathy caused by a feeling or belief of powerlessness, which does not have to be the case because we have power in numbers. Although Bansky shows us that one person can, sometimes and rarely, make a difference.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

thus , the Power of Art !

how to raise people out of the stupor of apathy and powerlessness , transform their mind through art !

and what is art but a representation of life and a reconstruction of light through line , tone ,contour , form and space

its all about the light !

edit on 9-10-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

thus , the Power of Art !

how to raise people out of the stupor of apathy and powerlessness , transform their mind through art !

and what is art but a representation of life and a reconstruction of light through line , tone ,contour , form and space

its all about the light !

Beautifully said.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sotheby's have confirmed the person who bought the Girl With Balloon picture has completed the sale , the purchaser is a European woman who wants to remain anonymous but is quoted as saying ...

"At first I was shocked, but I realised I would end up with my own piece of art history."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Everybody wins.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Everyone wins except those within the art world that refuse move forward by opening up their minds.

This art piece now has a new name, it is: "Love is in the bin"

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It appears I was correct in assuming Bansky wanted the entire painting shredded.

ca.video.search.yahoo.com...=2&vid=7dd66c091493e45e4b628da6c4e23771&action=click

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
HYPE train continues, the whole thing was organised by BANKSY just to get folk speaking about him again
same pish with jay z , bae , and her sister in the lift !

Same # with the kardashians , same # with eminem and machine gun kelly !

the world is a stage and celebrities go quiet or become stale , they create a drama to get people speaking their name again!

craving attention , the ego is strong !

any possible disaster story can be spun to make money for a celebrity , as for some reason the rest of humanity actually cares about this #!

the art is pish!

the frame and the shredder had more artistic value than that banksy , he probably didnt even cut the stencil or spray the paint , he probably paid one of his team to do it !

if artists care so #ing much about the world they live in , then why arent they making loads of art originals selling them for millions and using that money to make real positive changes to the earth!

but nah , they will keep it all for a mansion and a beach house ,a yacht , a chopper , ten cars, and lots of parties
or to produce more places like an amusement park about how #e life is ! just to make more money!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't believe your take on it is that simple, many celebrities with too much money to know what to do with may have emotional issues that need to be dealt with and perhaps we see their struggles through their actions.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Nothing is every really that simple !

I just think there are lots and lots of artists the world over who's artwork sells for ridiculous sums of money, and the only people who can buy them fall into the 1% or top 10% of where all the worlds wealth is, so surely artists could redistribute the worlds wealth just by making # art that sells to absolute idiots with loads of cash and no style !
Most of the worlds best artists come from poverty

are there any really great , truly great artists that haven struggled in life ?

possibly but they are few and far between , pressure produces diamonds , especially on the organic matter which makes a human !

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Nothing is every really that simple !

I just think there are lots and lots of artists the world over who's artwork sells for ridiculous sums of money, and the only people who can buy them fall into the 1% or top 10% of where all the worlds wealth is, so surely artists could redistribute the worlds wealth just by making # art that sells to absolute idiots with loads of cash and no style !
Most of the worlds best artists come from poverty

are there any really great , truly great artists that haven struggled in life ?

possibly but they are few and far between , pressure produces diamonds , especially on the organic matter which makes a human !

Why put the burden of wealth distribution at the artists' feet? Isn't it everybody's responsibility to try to right what is wrong and would that not be for us to vote in people that can affect these changes within government?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

HYPE train continues, the whole thing was organised by BANKSY just to get folk speaking about him again
same pish with jay z , bae , and her sister in the lift !

Same # with the kardashians , same # with eminem and machine gun kelly !

I don't know what happened with Jay Z, Bae (whatever that is), her sister, the Kardashians, Eminem or Machine Gun Kelly (I don't know who that is either), but I know what happened in this case, so it looks like this case was at least better organised.

the frame and the shredder had more artistic value than that banksy , he probably didnt even cut the stencil or spray the paint , he probably paid one of his team to do it !

In fact, his action of shredding the painting is more artistic than the painting.

if artists care so #ing much about the world they live in , then why arent they making loads of art originals selling them for millions and using that money to make real positive changes to the earth!

Who said that artists care about the world?

Also, they rarely get those huge amounts of money that we see on the news, as most of the time those cases are art pieces that are sold by their owners, not their creators, so the previous owners, the art galleries and the auction houses make money, the artist gets nothing after the first sell.

edit on 18/10/2018 by ArMaP because: bad quoting

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

edit on 18/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join