It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LIVE: Senate To Take Cloture Vote On Kavanaugh Nomination

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I'm asking you to provide a source that is factual and not biased. CNN will do if you can find a CNN story where it's about facts and not spin.

I look at the content not the cover.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Soo uh the dems doing their impeachment move next?

Can't impeach trump so gotta impeach somebady.

/wetfartclap

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Although his record in this area is modest, Kavanaugh has voted to invalidate restrictions on free speech rights in public forums. However, he has made clear that this support does not extend to actions that deface or destroy public property.

www.scotusblog.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Flake has announced that he will vote 'yes' to confirm. By my estimation, that makes him about a 50-50 chance to actually follow through with it.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Please explain what a "thorough" investigation would be, and then please explain why the accuser did not file a criminal complain with the authorities so that could take place.

Honestly, I'm appalled that anyone would still think Ford was telling the truth about Kav at this point. They're either extremist partisan hacks, or 6 nuggets and a small fry short of a kid's meal.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

6 nuggets and a small fry short of a kid's meal.

If it wasn’t for apple slices and a toy that would make him a empty box . lol

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Perhaps someone should air drop some bite sized Snickers bars on the protesting crowds.

Seems to me they all are hangry and need a cerebral adjustment.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Perhaps someone should air drop some bite sized Snickers bars on the protesting crowds.

Seems to me they all are hangry and need a cerebral adjustment.

How about snickers laced with acid, make for a much more entertaining protest for us outsiders.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

need to shock them with proof Ford is a FRAUD.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

They're already getting plenty of snickers from everyone watching them.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Seems to be a lot of early celebrations going on.
The vote was only to close debate.
Flake had said he will confirm.
If Collins and Manchin vote no, that stops Kavanaugh.

Why Collins is announcing at 3pm is a mystery.... Why the drama?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Gotta make certain you are the center of attention for maximum bounce in your numbers.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You keep making claims and then don't back them up. What anti freedom rulings has he made that the SC overturned?

Does no one know how to use google (or the search engine of your choice) in these parts?

You could find the information in seconds on this topic and many using search engines.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: ketsuko

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

Article going over this topic.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

In other words, the Democrats who all came out to begin with and announced they would vote no want full control of the process.

Does that sound fair to you? Not to mention, since this was done through the Congressional Committee system, the Democrats are not the party in charge by reason of which party holds a majority. This basically asks the party in power to cede their rights to the party not in power.

And to the left, democracy that doesn't go their way is unconstitutional to them.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

6 nuggets and a small fry short of a kid's meal.

If it wasn’t for apple slices and a toy that would make him a empty box . lol

Right? Lololol

The toy has to stay until they find a new one to crowd around and bully.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm asking you to provide a source that is factual and not biased. CNN will do if you can find a CNN story where it's about facts and not spin.

I look at the content not the cover.

Torture (pick your poison)

Domestic Spying (Again many sources)

ACLU article about many of his problems

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No doubt...

Torture...spying...etc. All issues we are deeply concerned by precisely because they happen in the absence of due process or violate the fundamental principles of fairness.

How ironic then that it would appear you would dispense with due process and fairness in this case. Are you part of the end justifies the means crowd? I sounds like you are.

edit on 5-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Why the drama?

Drama was the ideal mode of delivering the fiction that is Kavanaugh's confirmation to SCOTUS.

The truth of Kavanaugh being the Clintons' inside-guy on the Vince Foster investigation had to be well-hidden behind the Democrats' portrayal of people who would do anything to end Kavanaugh's nomination --but nothing could be further from the truth. Their performance is just made more believable when it appears they may have convinced enough Republicans, too.

There has never been any doubt though, for me, that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and that the Democrats would put on a convincing show of doing all they could to stop it. Dr. Ford has made a lot of money through crowdfunding and will still walk away with a lot of support when Kavanaugh is confirmed.

Everyone wins...except the People...because Kavanaugh is willing to do some very dirty work for Democrats and Republicans. His record on the Starr investigation team is a testament to that.

I am still waiting for Trump to do something to convince me he is not still BFFs with the Clintons...that they don't not serve the same agenda. So far, he has only confirmed my worst suspicions, over and over.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sounds like whether I like it or not he tends to be right.

The ruling was later upheld by the Supreme Court

edit on 5-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I for one am relieved to see Kavanaugh get some actual support... the poor man and his family have been through the hell of of one of the worst Democratic assaults I have seen to date. I have a few concerns about Collins, because if she jumps ship, so likely will Manchin. I'm not surprised McCaskill went with the Democrats, because she's already lost her re-election (12 points behind last I heard)... she's probably hoping for a position in the DNC.

The one good thing that comes out of this is that it is looking like the Senate will see a net pickup in seats come next month. That bodes well for the ratification of the USMCA treaty. The House seems to still be trending toward a Democrat pick-up... how much remains to be seen.

After the fiasco I just witnessed in the Senate Judiciary Committee, I wouldn't shed a tear if every single Democrat in Congress was voted out and had to live on food stamps in a cardboard box for the rest of their natural lives. How anyone can still call themselves a Democrat and hold their heads up is beyond me.

TheRedneck

edit on 10/5/2018 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join