It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LIVE: Senate To Take Cloture Vote On Kavanaugh Nomination

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

Article going over this topic.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

In other words, the Democrats who all came out to begin with and announced they would vote no want full control of the process.

Does that sound fair to you? Not to mention, since this was done through the Congressional Committee system, the Democrats are not the party in charge by reason of which party holds a majority. This basically asks the party in power to cede their rights to the party not in power.

I never said the DEMS should be in charge just that the White House shouldnt be in full control. The FBI is very capable of investigating things on their own.

Huh, you mean like they have in 6 previous background checks, including during the Obama admin when we didn't have issues of who was in charge in the evil White House? Hmmm?

Hum people had plenty of problems before this confirmation. In 2006 it was a rough nomination due to all the BS he was carrying at the time. His links to domestic spying, torture, Bush election during the recount, ect.

What?! You mean folks don't want him confirmed?

I would NEVER have guessed that.

No clue at all, but resisting his confirmation for reason of policy and judicial philosophy is worlds away from resisting his confirmation through denial of legal due process and outright character assassination like has been done.

That is just plain evil and any fair minded person knows it.

The time try to discuss his judicial philosophy is over and done with. You guys felt it was better to try to frame a decent man as a serial gang rapist and angry drunk. If you wanted a rational discussion about deep topics related to rulings, you should have had that conversation. Done with that now.
edit on 5-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

In other words, the Democrats who all came out to begin with and announced they would vote no want full control of the process.

Does that sound fair to you? Not to mention, since this was done through the Congressional Committee system, the Democrats are not the party in charge by reason of which party holds a majority. This basically asks the party in power to cede their rights to the party not in power.

I never said the DEMS should be in charge just that the White House shouldnt be in full control. The FBI is very capable of investigating things on their own.

Huh, you mean like they have in 6 previous background checks, including during the Obama admin when we didn't have issues of who was in charge in the evil White House? Hmmm?

Hum people had plenty of problems before this confirmation. In 2006 it was a rough nomination due to all the BS he was carrying at the time. His links to domestic spying, torture, Bush election during the recount, ect.

Why dont you just give it up ?
It is over and settled
Vindicated ,Voted for closure , nominated , Judge Brett Kavanaugh now becomes Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh tomorrow .
Let the gnashing of teeth and wailing at the sky begin....
I will revel in it.

edit on 10/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It was brought up. No one cared, people STILL dont care when they are told now. Its part of the reason the GOP are playing this game with the DEMS. Make his conformation all about the allegations and bam perfect cover for everything else in his past.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It is over and settled
Vindicated ,Voted for closure , nominated , Judge Brett Kavanaugh now becomes Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh tomorrow .
I will revel in it.

Well next time you cry about domestic spying or the US role in torture remember you supported a person that had a hand in that.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I'm confused.

Last week he was a serial rapist but now he's an anti-freedom authoritarian.

Wonder what he'll be later today.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It is over and settled
I will revel in it.

Meh, it was always going to be Bret Kavanaugh or a judge of practically the same ilk (that was never in dispute). We'll just move on to the next issue at hand, no need to dwell on it any longer. The war for politics is never ending and inconsequential from a 'per-battle' perspective. I'm sure in the future Republican's will win many more victories as will Democrats, as the cycle is seemingly without end.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

With Murkowski voting no and Manchin voting yes. I’m a little worried this isn’t a done deal .

Totally agree with you here - remember that phrase "October surprise"? This whole ordeal has been a rollercoaster. I wouldn't count on anything yet

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

then the Democrats should have investigated the allegations rather than go with the clown show option and if any evidence had been found they would have stopped his butt cold.

I know the narrative will be to blame the republicans but it should be put a the feet of the democrats for chasing cheap political points rather than the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It was brought up. No one cared, people STILL dont care when they are told now. Its part of the reason the GOP are playing this game with the DEMS. Make his conformation all about the allegations and bam perfect cover for everything else in his past.

Struggling to find any of that in any of the sources I get told are credible. They were all busy telling me he was a serial rapist, sloppy drunk, and did not have the proper judicial temperment.

Perhaps, your issue lies with the MSM and left-leaning press then more than anything else.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: neo96
51 49

Kavanugh will be confirmed in the next vote.

With Murkowski voting no and Manchin voting yes. I’m a little worried this isn’t a done deal .

I expect that either Flake or Collins are going to jump ship, and when that happens, so will Manchin. Collins has been pretty reliable on judicial nominees, but Flake seems like he's auditioning for a spot in the liberal MSM.

So yeah, I'm only giving Kavanaugh about a 20% chance of winning confirmation, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: neo96
51 49

Kavanugh will be confirmed in the next vote.

I expect that either Flake or Collins are going to jump ship, and when that happens, so will Manchin. Collins has been pretty reliable on judicial nominees, but Flake seems like he's auditioning for a spot in the liberal MSM.

So yeah, I'm only giving Kavanaugh about a 20% chance of winning confirmation, unfortunately.

Nah, Flake has made a name for himself doing just that, but if you look at his record, just like McCain although he postures like he'll flip ultimately he votes with the Republican party about 95%.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not to mention, had the proper procedure been followed, this all would have been behind closed doors.

Then there would have been room to discuss these judicial philosophy arguments that Pyle now things are so very important that they would have doomed him from the outset.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Ya its not "MSM" as I read more right wing crap due to the constant postings by people around here. SO MANY partisan Right-wing posts about everything.

Back on the topic at hand...

Simple google search talking about Kavanaugh's past in the hearings....

Like i said it was brought up over a month ago, no one gave a crap.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Flake wants to beat trump in 2020.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Most of those are couple of days ago, or hours ago ...

AFTER the circus didn't work.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm confused.

Last week he was a serial rapist but now he's an anti-freedom authoritarian.

Wonder what he'll be later today.

He is anti-freedom before the assault allegations. It was brought up over month ago. No one gave a crap at the time and no one (especially those supporting Trump) give a crap now. You are using it as mockery... thats pretty low lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

100% I saw him eating children with Schumer and Cosby back in 2014 at the Masonic lodge on 5th and Oak in Springfield, USA

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I have said on other threads, I am still not sold on him being a SC justice (not that my opinion matters) but because of the democrat orchestrated clown show I had to defend the guy, cause well I prefer we stay innocent till proven guilty.

But now he will probably be confirmed thanks to the democrats.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Sep 5th and 6th are days old or hours? Did you just look at the first couple of links and declare victory?

Hell some of the questioning of those Bush years go back to July.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join