It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: LIVE: Senate To Take Cloture Vote On Kavanaugh Nomination

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: neo96
51 49

Kavanugh will be confirmed in the next vote.

With Murkowski voting no and Manchin voting yes. I’m a little worried this isn’t a done deal .

I expect that either Flake or Collins are going to jump ship, and when that happens, so will Manchin. Collins has been pretty reliable on judicial nominees, but Flake seems like he's auditioning for a spot in the liberal MSM.

So yeah, I'm only giving Kavanaugh about a 20% chance of winning confirmation, unfortunately.

Flake is on board hes mad about the women protestor fooling him. They pretended to be his constituents then it was shown they were a pac paid by soros. Don't think he's not mad about that. The one they could lose is collins odds are good that he will be confirmed. Mccaskill surprises me she just gave up winning her seat over this vote. She is in a dead tie with a republican and this vote will cost her.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: ketsuko

I have said on other threads, I am still not sold on him being a SC justice (not that my opinion matters) but because of the democrat orchestrated clown show I had to defend the guy, cause well I prefer we stay innocent till proven guilty.

But now he will probably be confirmed thanks to the democrats.

There was a comment on another forum or a blog where someone pointed out that the justices who caught the rough side of the judicial committee legal dirty tricks tended to end up more originalist as they "grew" into the office suggesting that slander and defamation were not good tactics for nomination derailment, but only time will tell if that's the case with Kavanaugh.

He actually has to be confirmed first.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Murkowski or Manchin could screw everything up if one of them abstains or doesn’t show up leaving the tally at 50 versus 49 . Pence wouldn’t get a vote in that scenario .

Let me be clear I want Kavanugh to become the next supreme court justice. I’m just playing the devils advocate .

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Don't be surprised by McCaskill.

She's about as lockstep as it gets and always has been.

link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Pyle

I'm confused.

Last week he was a serial rapist but now he's an anti-freedom authoritarian.

Wonder what he'll be later today.

He is anti-freedom before the assault allegations. It was brought up over month ago. No one gave a crap at the time and no one (especially those supporting Trump) give a crap now. You are using it as mockery... thats pretty low lol.

Bull.

Crap.

link   

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

Article going over this topic.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

So you want the FBI to do a criminal investigation for a crime that's outside their jurisdiction, that hasn't even been proven to have occurred.... On behalf of an accuser that has no witnesses or evidence, nor even bothered to report the crime herself...

That doesn't sound partisan at all !

edit on 5-10-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm confused.

He is anti-freedom before the assault allegations. It was brought up over month ago. No one gave a crap at the time and no one (especially those supporting Trump) give a crap now. You are using it as mockery... thats pretty low lol.

Maybe the dems should have focused on that instead of the witch hunt they chose, many people voted for increased security and survelienve measures in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 it was a hectic time if that’s the worst you can come up I’m afraid you’ve got a pretty weak position.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

I'm confused.

Maybe the dems should have focused on that instead of the witch hunt they chose, many people voted for increased security and survelienve measures in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 it was a hectic time if that’s the worst you can come up I’m afraid you’ve got a pretty weak position.

How is it that I know about this stuff but a bunch of the people around here are "well I didnt know about that"? I get the feelling that to many here are caught in their own news bubble.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm confused.

How is it that I know about this stuff but a bunch of the people around here are "well I didnt know about that"? I get the feelling that to many here are caught in their own news bubble.

I guess you’re just that superior...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

According to MD police, the most likely charges brought forward are outside the statute of limitations.

As for thorough, it would be an investigation not limited to only what the people who want Kavanaugh confirmed more then anything want investigated. Its pretty simple and has been explained many times by many different people on ATS.

So you want the FBI to do a criminal investigation for a crime that's outside their jurisdiction, that hasn't even been proven to have occurred.... On behalf of an accuser that has no witnesses or evidence, nor even bothered to report the crime herself...

It's amazing how the entire political apparatus of a world superpower reaching meltdown over the actions of two horny teenagers fooling around with Quaaludes aka "disco biscuits" four decades ago ...

As my womenfolk say, "She's no Snow White, and he's no Prince Valiant"

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Grassley gettin' after it!!!

Where's my damn popcorn!?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

It's amazing how the entire political apparatus of a world superpower reaching meltdown over the actions of two horny teenagers fooling around with Quaaludes aka "disco biscuits" four decades ago ...

As my womenfolk say, "She's no Snow White, and he's no Prince Valiant"

Amazing, isn't the word I would use... But ya, I hear ya...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Grassley gettin' after it!!!

Where's my damn popcorn!?

Here ya go buddy!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Democrats gambled. They lost.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You keep making claims and then don't back them up. What anti freedom rulings has he made that the SC overturned?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm confused.

I guess you’re just that superior...

No, I am not, just wondering where the hell people are getting their info.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Enlighten us with a non biased source.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I hope that's the way he goes, but after this kind of attack he may end up on the radical side of things is my fear.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What do you consider non-biased?

NPR has been reporting on this for months.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Democrats gambled. They lost.

since 2010.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join