It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found a wallet. what else should i do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That’s great news!
Did she give you a reward?
Sounds like she would of been hooped without her ID trying to board a plane tomorrow.

About 10 years ago someone broke into my Jeep and stole my wallet.
I had no idea and was catching a plane in the morning to visit a buddy across the country.
At 11 pm that night someone knocked on my door and had all my ID in their hand.
I was surprised to say the least considering had I known it was missing I would of been panicking due to my early flight in the morning.
I tossed him a $50 for being a good guy and basically saving the day for me.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I found a purse a few years back in the middle of the highway....well, almost ten years now. The girl must have left it on her roof when she drove off. I got the info to bring it back to where she lived from the drivers license in it. I gave it to her sister, the owner was at college at the time.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I once found a wallet in San Francisco. I had to kick it all the way to Oakland, before I dared to bend over and pick it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I found a wallet once as well and gave it to the police. I called the non-emergency number to ask them what I should do with it and they said oh no problem, let us send someone out to get it. I thought that was strange but maybe they were having a slow day. A hot buff cop showed up about a half hour later and took the wallet. I got to flirt with a big hot man in a crisp dark uniform with guns strapped to him, so it was a pretty good experience for me.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You're a better person than most, TST. Few of us who've stumbled across a lost wallet bother to turn it in/send it home, most people ignore it out of irrational fear and keep going.
I've turned in a dropped wallet full of money to the mall security office before, hope they found the guy quick. That puppy was loaded with $2k+ in cash, a debit card, and several CCs. It was during the holiday shopping season, so I figured someone was there doing some serious gift shopping, until they lost their wallet.

My mother happens to be one of the "finders keepers" assholes. She's never come across lost wallets or purses (that she's ever admitted to anyway) But she does brag about the solid gold tennis bracelet she found on the floor in a store once. And kept. And then eventually sold for market value of the gold. "Ma, where the hell did you suddenly get $800???" "Oh, I found a heavy gold tennis bracelet on the floor once shopping, I kept it. I finally sold it for the gold value!"
You greedy asshole, whoever lost it was probably a wreck over it

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
She may have been passing through a d lost it. I left my wallet in a hotel room in Oklahoma three years ago. They found it, held it, and then it 'disappeared'.
I was doing my best trying to coordinate with the tiny towns sheriff deputy over when I came to the conclusion I ain't getting it back and gave up.

I have successfully returned two wallets in the last ten years. I just deliver id's to my local pd. I find them too often, at least two or three a year.

I don't like cops too much either, but I always talk to them. The closer you are to danger, the farther you are from harm 😄
If nothing in the next day just take it to the popo. They document it, but unless you got a proactive department it just gets turned into the states lost or abandoned property and will be held for five years. Obviously there is nothing worth auctioning as this is not a safety deposit box and it's contents as most of the stuff the state has after five years goes to auction. This is Florida, lost and abandoned property may have different rules in your state.

You can make a killing going to these auctions btw. A high volume of gold, silver, jewelry and coins are usually always the majority of items.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
If nothing in the next day just take it to the popo. They document it, but unless you got a proactive department it just gets turned into the states lost or abandoned property and will be held for five years. Obviously there is nothing worth auctioning as this is not a safety deposit box and it's contents as most of the stuff the state has after five years goes to auction. This is Florida, lost and abandoned property may have different rules in your state.

You can make a killing going to these auctions btw. A high volume of gold, silver, jewelry and coins are usually always the majority of items.

Sort of OT, but this, regarding abandoned SD boxes, has crossed my mind every now & then over the past few years since my grandmother died. To sum it up, both my uncles and my mother are cheap bastards and all refused to pony up for probate court. I really have no idea what happens to a SD box when someone kicks it. Offhand I'm not sure what would be in there besides some family heirloom jewelry (and I'm really not interested in it) but man, it would really be a pleasure to find out she had wads of cash in there & they screwed the pooch. I would rub that in til the day they kick it.
edit on 9/30/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/30/2018 by Nyiah because: Multiple edits for typos I keep missing...yeah, probably enough internet for me today.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i called her when i got to Lowes and she said she was just coming out. came out with a $25 gift card for applebees and gave it to me.

im glad i didnt mail it or bring it to the cops. she said she had to fly back ad of course cant with no ID so her husband was going to have to overnight her passport to her but it was going to cost $60.
said the car key was her moms

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Good job!

And see, you did wind up getting some cheddar out of the deal too.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Slow.... Clap...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Fantastic news🤗

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Find out the bank institution that held it. If it was in Florida it has been held in so.e warehouse awaiting a claimant. However, if it has been more than five years it has already been auctioned off.

You have to compete with coin collectors, bullion dealers and independent jewelers in the bidding. They usually have deep enough pockets to outbid regular folks for a mere couple of percent profit.

But it can be fun and there are loads of diverse items, not just the things I mentioned. Most Interest is in the coins and jewelry though.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I came back to this thread just to see if she turned up!
Didn't that make you all warm and fuzzy.
She was probably so relieved. Nice of her to give you a gift card too.

Good Karma coming your way!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join