It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found a wallet. what else should i do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Call Walmart and tell them you have a wallet and give them your number.

She may not use facetrap much.

she used it 20 hours ago

let me think about the wal mart thing. i dont know if i want to give my number to more people

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There could be other variables even domestic ones.( highly doubtful but you never know )

So my advice is the same, if you don’t hear something in a day or two take it to the cops .

link   
First off, I commend you for doing the honest thing by trying to contact them both. Hopefully they check their Facebook soon.

My daughter is always losing her wallet , and she sure would appreciate the help of the stranger. Once it was in a large grocery shopping centre. Someone turned it in to customer service and the woman working customer service said no one turned anything in. We went to look around the store some more, and went back to customer service to ask to speak to management ( thinking they might have security cameras). The lady just snapped at us and asked “what for ?” We finally got management to talk with us and they said they would give the cameras a check and call us back.

They called a half hour later with her wallet... which made me very suspect of the customer service person. They wouldn’t tell my daughter how or where it was found.

I wouldn’t trust all customer service reps.. obviously this woman was hiding something when she snapped because we wanted to talk to management.

What you could do is leave your number with walmart( I don’t think you’re under any obligation to leave the found purse with them )

Once she reads that Facebook book message, she will be one happy lady.

link   
Keep us updated, Tiny - this is far more interesting than bloody Kavanaugh.

And yes, you did the right thing, proud of ya.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Those credit cards might have an address or number that you need to contact in order to have then returned to the owner.

I remember finding a wallet on a train. Me and another guy found a number, made a call, got an address and he returned it to their door. Ever since then, I've always kept the minimum number of cards in my wallet. Always keep one or two at home just in case.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

There could be other variables even domestic ones.( highly doubtful but you never know )

So my advice is the same, if you don’t hear something in a day or two take it to the cops .

that seems reasonable i guess.

will they just take it or ask me a bunch of questions

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Those credit cards might have an address or number that you need to contact in order to have then returned to the owner.

I remember finding a wallet on a train. Me and another guy found a number, made a call, got an address and he returned it to their door. Ever since then, I've always kept the minimum number of cards in my wallet. Always keep one or two at home just in case.

there is nothing on those cards
they are not even signed

there are a LOT of receipts in the bag though. i did not read through them but they have been doing some shopping

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

yeah thats what i am worried about.
something like that

especially now that i messaged them

if i bring it to the store and one of them jack something out of it and then they call they might not believe me when i say i took it back.

i think i will hold onto it for a couple days and i guess if they dont call then take it to the cops.
i will have my wife go in and hand it over

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
stop trying to get better ideas. you did good. they ll come and get it from you and you ll make friends.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I had a person turn in a found wallet to the Fire Station where I worked.
I turned it over to Law Enforcment. He tossed it in the trash!
When I asked him why he said "I dont have time for idiots who cant keep up with their **** "

Fortunately I found the person's phone number from her drivers license and was able to reunite her her with her lost wallet.
Good ol, phone book and land line.
Cell phones were not as common back then.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Fallingdown

that seems reasonable i guess.

will they just take it or ask me a bunch of questions

If you take it to the cops in most places after 30 to 60 days. It’s yours legally. If you keep it without reporting that it, it is illegal. As far as I know finders keepers while it’s fun to say is still against the law. ( which brings you back to your Facebook post )

So take to them it and get a receipt .

I imagine they will only ask you two questions. Where was it found and what was time and date ?

Keep in mind this is just my two cents worth . But after your FB post I think it’s best to cover your ass .

edit on 30-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

link   

You could call the credit card companies and they could get a hold of the card holder.

link   

originally posted by: Damla
stop trying to get better ideas. you did good. they ll come and get it from you and you ll make friends.

yeah youre right

i just dont like having it here and i dont want any # from anyone cause im trying to do the right thing you know.

i would have expected a call by now but i am pretty anal and dont lose my #.

well its on the shelf for when they call.

i just feel anxious

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sell the info on the black web.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Call Walmart and tell them you have a wallet and give them your number.

She may not use facetrap much.

YES I agree. I dnt check my account much.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Calm down bro.

Unless its your mug on a security camera using those credit cards - you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You did the right thing.
Its been 20 hours since they logged into FB?
Hell, most Facebook users dont go that long without creeping on there, so you can count on them calling you soon.

If they dont contact you by tomorrow morning, take it to the police.
Leave them both a message saying which station they can pick up there belongings at.

All you have to say to the cops is you found this in the walmart parking lot.
You messaged the owners telling them you have it.
Then messaged them again to tell them you were dropping it off at the cop shop.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i would have expected a call by now but i am pretty anal and dont lose my #.

well its on the shelf for when they call.

i just feel anxious

The only rational way of action now is burn the bag, move out of state and change your name

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Give them 72 hours...then it's yours for the pilfering!

Also get a hobby.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Calm down bro.

Unless its your mug on a security camera using those credit cards - you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

You did the right thing.
Its been 20 hours since they logged into FB?
Hell, most Facebook users dont go that long without creeping on there, so you can count on them calling you soon.

If they dont contact you by tomorrow morning, take it to the police.
Leave them both a message saying which station they can pick up there belongings at.

All you have to say to the cops is you found this in the walmart parking lot.
You messaged the owners telling them you have it.
Then messaged them again to tell them you were dropping it off at the cop shop.

yeah the last thing i could see says she changed her profile pic 20 hours ago

kind of figured that most people check their # pretty regular.

i just always feel like there is going to be problems you know.

the me of 10 years ago would have just threw it away and washed my hands of it but i feel bad.
all those credit cards and that check.

i dont want to make things harder on people but at the same time i always feel like its going to go south for me some way.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A manager isn't going to do anything with your number dude.

Also, if she doesn't go back to Walmart looking, then maybe you will help sovle a kidnapping/murder today.

Never know.

It could have been the last piece of her at the crime scene.

Duh, duh, duh (dramatic music)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join