It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found a wallet. what else should i do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
leaving wal mart and found like a little makeup bag in the parking lot.
wallet inside with a gang of ID and credit cards.

looked through for a number. nothing

the persons ID says they live in FL.

i looked her name up on facebook and found her. i left her a message telling her i found her # and left my phone number and told her to text me back and we can arrange to get it back to her.
said who she is married to so i messaged him and told him the same.

thats about it then yeah?

im definitely not taking it into the store and giving it to any of them. dont really trust people

i told them both i go to bed early and work early so if they dont get a hold of me by the evening it will probably be tomorrow.

i feel like now its on them.

there is a lot of # in that bag. car keys and a personal check for 1200 marked for deposit.

credit cards and gift cards.

i didnt take anything but i looked through it all thinking i would find a number. i told them both in the message i looked through everything.

would you do anything else?

i dont know what else could be done.

i figure i messaged them. now its on them.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Give it to the police.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Relax. You've been proactive. Now just let it play out. Give them a chance to respond.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Now that you have items of a personal nature, you can put curses on them

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
wow
. must be exciting finding one.i would do the same.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Give it to the police.

yeah thats not happening

i dont really talk to the cops unless i have to

i contacted her and her husband. the makeup bag in on my shelf and it will be until they call.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Relax. You've been proactive. Now just let it play out. Give them a chance to respond.

kind of what i wanted to hear

i feel very anxious right now.
i dont like having her # here.

but they have my number. that was against my better judgement too though. i only have a facebook cause my brother had a fight a few months back and it was streamed so i signed up to watch. i never use it so i dont want to stay signed in.

on her/them now right??

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Give it to the police.

Give it to the police and the police will contact them. In this country the owner of the wallet must pay (give) 10% of the money that is in the wallet to the finder. Not sure how it works in the States though.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Give it to the police.

Give it to the police and the police will contact them. In this country the owner of the wallet must pay (give) 10% of the money that is in the wallet to the finder. Not sure how it works in the States though.

obviously getting a little scratch for being a nice guy would be nice but i dont expect that

if either of them call or text and ask me to give it to the cops i will but not until then
i dont talk to the cops

i am sure they will call though. there is a lot of # in there credit car wise and some car keys with a new style fob. she aint driving no beater.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They are probably at Wal-Mart looking for it.
You should have at least left a note with Wal-Mart security stating you found it.

Now if something nefarious shows up on those credit cards... the only person they'll be looking at is you.. bwaa ha ha haaa.

You were better off dropping it off with police... no question ask.

Edit: yes we at ATS knows you have a big heart.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sounds like you did as much as you can, now it's on them. They will be very grateful that it was you that found it, and you are a good person. I was in Baltimore visiting a friend a while ago, and my wallet must have fell out in his cab. I couldnt find it anywhere....had to cancel everything and was freaking out. Then a few days later, I got it in the mail with a note saying he found it cleaning out his cab at the end of the night. Still had the money in it. just goes to show, there are good people out there.....

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Give it to the police.

yeah thats not happening

i dont really talk to the cops unless i have to

i contacted her and her husband. the makeup bag in on my shelf and it will be until they call.

You found her wallet and keys. That’s highly unusual in my book. How did she get home ?

If you don’t hear from her or the husband within a couple days ( as a matter fact I would only give it 24 hours ). Definitely take the wallet to the police
Something bad could have gone on .

link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

They are probably at Wal-Mart looking for it.
You should have at least left a note with Wal-Mart security stating you found it.

Now if something nefarious shows up on those credit cards... the only person they'll be looking at is you.. bwaa ha ha haaa.

You were better off dropping it off with police... no question ask.

yeah maybe but i dont trust anyone. that goes for the super duper wal mart employees.

nothing going to show up on it cause the wallet is on my shelf and thats where it will stay so nobody is out there charging anything with them.

stop freaking me out though man.
my anxiety is way up right now.

link   
I am a dick, if i see a wallet on the floor i would never touch it, there is a big chance a thief trow it away after taking the valuables.
edit on 30-9-2018 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

You found her wallet and keys. That’s highly unusual in my book. How did she get home ?

If you don’t hear from her or the husband within a couple days ( as a matter fact I would only give it 24 hours ). Definitely take the wallet to the police
Something bad could have gone on .

i dont know
her facebook says she is from this city but she lives in FL according to her license and facebook. the keys is a fob, 1 car key and 1 house key. thats it.
i am guessing she is on vacation from down there and probably grabbed a ride to wal mart.

or she did not get home and is wandering around the parking lot.

edit on 30-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I am a dick, if i see a wallet on the floor i would never touch it, there is a big chance a thief trow it away after taking the valuables.

yeah i hear ya

i am an asshole a lot of the time but i feel bad.

if it was just some bull# makeup and junk i probably would toss it and forget it but there are a lot of credit cards and that check marked for deposit.

thats not cool to do you know... especially it reads like she is just up here visiting.
dont really want to put her through that.

not an asshole all the time.

i guess i will see how it plays out.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm going with the putting curses on them part.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You don't have to give it to employees. I'm with you %100 on that.
But the owner may have gone back and left a LOCAL number to call if found.

You know the name and have a photo of the owner.. so they can't lie.

But as per my edit: we know you have a big heart and will honorably do as you say.👍😊

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

You don't have to give it to employees. I'm with you %100 on that.
But the owner may have gone back and left a LOCAL number to call if found.

You know the name and have a photo of the owner.. so they can't lie.

But as per my edit: we know you have a big heart and will honorably do as you say.👍😊

if i wanted to steal her # it would have been done

her facebook says she updated her profile 20 hours ago. chances are her or the husband will log in soon. i kind of expected to hear from them by now but who knows. there are a lot of restaurants by where the wal mart is.
maybe they are eating.

im sure they will realize # is gone soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Call Walmart and tell them you have a wallet and give them your number.

She may not use facetrap much.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join