It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Nomination Live Feed

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

It's why the GOP kept a skeleton crew of senators in DC through all recesses. They met briefly once a day, gaveled in then gaveled out, Obama couldn't say they were fully out of session to implant Garland on the court without confirmation.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: PubertJohnston
a reply to: LSU2018

Sure, but that would require $1.5 mil.

Poor burdman. He's got wagers going on about who will get paid the most to bite his right ball off.

Whoa, whoa, slow your roll. Avgguy is the one losing a gonad here, not me. I'm only the one who pointed out that the type of money Ford is getting is enough for some women to go beyond Ford's actions of inventing a story. Everyone will be staying the hell away from my sack with their chompers.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK
1. Ford had asked for confidentiality, they honored her request.
2. No one knows who outed Ford. Who knows, maybe the republicans heard some rumors and Kav heard enough for them to figure out who she was and outed her themselves. Ya know, give the spin masters on Fox, Facebook, ect more time to create the false narratives.
3. ain't worth going into....

and all this is concerning another indisputable right... the right to confidentiality and privacy!!! not to mention the right to feel save in one's own home.

the indisputable right I am talking about is the right for a women to have control over what happens to her own body, the right to say no to any sexual advances they desire to say no to. if a person cannot grant a person that right, they have no business sitting on the supreme court deciding any of the issues revolving around women's reproduction, birth control, or abortion!
an unbiased investigation by the FBI might help clear up some of the issues on this, just don't expect us to just trust a president that has more accusations against him than Kav does or a group of legislatures that have their own danged slush fund to silence the women they've sexually harassed or abused.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

a reply to: LSU2018

Sure, but that would require $1.5 mil.

Poor burdman. He's got wagers going on about who will get paid the most to bite his right ball off.

Whoa, whoa, slow your roll. Avgguy is the one losing a gonad here, not me. I'm only the one who pointed out that the type of money Ford is getting is enough for some women to go beyond Ford's actions of inventing a story. Everyone will be staying the hell away from my sack with their chompers.

Ooooooooh, I see......said the blind man as he picked up the hammer and saw....

I must have misread the "in reply to"s. I was starting to feel really bad for you. My stomach even started to cramp at the bottom, just above my pelvic area, at the thought of a nard being bitten off.

So it's avgguy that could lose a righty by a jaw chomp if the money is right... Poor avgguy...

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Not worth arguing with you. She has all of that and then some.

I feel sorry for people who can't see this for what it really is .

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I haven't been following this at all today and I don't want to read through 13 pages to find out.

So what happened? Is brett a scotus?

I predicted yesterday that he would be approved.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

there's a video of what it probably was a little bit down the page.
the article it titled
"These are the two protestors who may have changed Flake's mind"

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
2. No one knows who outed Ford. Who knows, maybe the republicans heard some rumors and Kav heard enough for them to figure out who she was and outed her themselves. Ya know, give the spin masters on Fox, Facebook, ect more time to create the false narratives.

and all this is concerning another indisputable right... the right to confidentiality and privacy!!! not to mention the right to feel save in one's own home.

the indisputable right I am talking about is the right for a women to have control over what happens to her own body, the right to say no to any sexual advances they desire to say no to. if a person cannot grant a person that right, they have no business sitting on the supreme court deciding any of the issues revolving around women's reproduction, birth control, or abortion!
an unbiased investigation by the FBI might help clear up some of the issues on this, just don't expect us to just trust a president that has more accusations against him than Kav does or a group of legislatures that have their own danged slush fund to silence the women they've sexually harassed or abused.

Soooooooo, when did Trump brag about sexually assaulting women?

link   

And, if this FBI "investigation" reveals that Dr. Ford's accusations are baseless and without merit, then what? Since it would mean there is no evidence at all of him sexually abusing anyone....right? Obviously you will openly welcome the confirmation of JBK onto the SCOTUS?

Afterall, everyone is innocent until proven guilty by due process. Baseless allegations are just that, baseless.

BTW: I won't be holding my breath for you accepting his nomination for any reason. But, I could be wrong.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Doesn't really matter to me. Just tell me where my chompers need to be and where to pick up my dolla dolla bills y'all.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It had to have been either Feinstein or someone on her staff who leaked the letter, because nobody else had a copy.

Take your concerns about the right to confidentiality up with the Honorable Senator from California.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

It had to have been either Feinstein or someone on her staff who leaked the letter, because nobody else had a copy.

Take your concerns about the right to confidentiality up with the Honorable Senator from California.

Or someone on Dr. Ford's legal team as they also had access to the letter. Everyone has claimed they didn't leak it, so that makes everyone a suspect.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

would.....would that work? like be legal and all? i mean ti would take pressure off gop for midterms and put the blame all on trump which may be worth it politically..... but is it legal......

www.mediaite.com... apparently he can......

Andrew Napolitano stated on Fox Business Network today that President Donald Trump could confirm his SCOTUS nominee almost instantly if he uses “recess appointment power.” “Tell you what Donald Trump can do if this fails — he has recess appointment power. If Mitch McConnell recesses the Senate for 10 minutes he can put Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court for four years without Senate confirmation,” Napolitano said. “I don’t know that Brett Kavanaugh wants to do this. This is real hard ball. He’d have to give up his present lifetime seat in order to do it. The president has that power.”
now i guess the question would be would it be worth the gamble........

www.washingtonpost.com... -court/?utm_term=.543bfded9168 this link says it would be unconsitutional so not sure again would it work?

The real problem with trying to make such an intersession recess appointment is that the Supreme Court has held that such an appointment would be unconstitutional in Noel Canning v. NLRB. Dayen and Kilgore purport to address Noel Canning — claiming it does not apply since the case concerned only intrasession recess appointments — but they ignore what Justice Breyer’s opinion for the court actually says. As Seth Barrett Tillman points out, Noel Canning clearly precludes such an appointment. From Justice Breyer’s opinion: we conclude that the phrase “the recess” applies to both intra-session and inter-session recesses. If a Senate recess is so short [i.e., less than 3 days] that it does not require the consent of the House, it is too short to trigger the Recess Appointments Clause. See Art. I, § 5, cl. 4. And a recess lasting less than 10 days is presumptively too short as well. If a three-day recess is too short, a three-second recess would certainly be as well and, contrary to Dayen’s and Kilgore’s suggestion, Justice Breyer’s opinion makes no distinction between intrasession and intersession recesses. All told, every justice on the court embraced an opinion rejecting the idea that such an intersession recess appointment would be constitutional.
so its legal if they do it for more then 10 days? highly confused
edit on 28-9-2018 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Doesn't really matter to me. Just tell me where my chompers need to be and where to pick up my dolla dolla bills y'all.

Would you make an exception for Willem Dafoe...........er.......I mean Richard Blumenthal?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

the article it titled

Those gals or guys sure look like professional protestors....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Or someone on Dr. Ford's legal team as they also had access to the letter. Everyone has claimed they didn't leak it, so that makes everyone a suspect.

Combine that investigation with the FBI investigation into dr. Ford's claims. After 7 days findings presented and vote.

link   

Would you make an exception for Willem Dafoe...........er.......I mean Richard Blumenthal?

He has no balls for Pubert to bite off.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships

the article it titled

Those gals or guys sure look like professional protestors....

Considering the real ones probably can't manage a way out of their big blue bubbles in major cities, I would assume those were paid for. Probably came out of Ford's gofundme account.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He has no balls for Pubert to bite off.

Touche' my friend.

SM2

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So, we can trust the FBI to be unbiased now? I dont think so. Even then...what part of " it's not inside the jurisdiction of the FBI to investigate this" do some of you folks fail to understand.

If you want a real investigation...she needs to file a police report and press charges with local authorities in the area it happened in. So where are the calls for that to happen? oh...I know...
because then they will find that...her lawyers were supplied, including paid for by Fienstien and company. All of her expenses were as well...the secruity detail, flights etc. Then it will put her and her employers into the cross hairs of legal retaliation as well as felony charges for the false report etc.

At the end of the day, she is nothing remotely close to a credible witness to anything. She has two doctorate degrees, which mean she had to write at least two thesis papers. The letter given to the democrats in the senate was written on a 6th grade level, and thats generous. She contradicted that same letter at least three times during her opening statements alone. She cant say when or where it happened, the people she said were there ALL said they have no recollection of it. She claims she cant fly because of the PTSD from the event, yet she managed just fine going to hawaii...in case you forgot, you cant drive there, and they have the records of numerous flights she has been on. Take off the blinder for just a second...what do you think a police detective would conclude after all of that? They would close the case as a false report. In which case Kav, would then file a defamation case against her as soon as she faced trial for her reporting a false crime, lieing to investigators and fraud.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join