It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS groping a someone a big deal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Parishna

The question doesn't need to be asked, unless you're attempting to out perverts and deviants. It is plainly not on to touch someone without consent.

it does need to be asked because i want to know what people think.

why is that so hard

i watched a video with a lady and her two daughters and she said groping is no big deal while the daughter jut agrees with her.
i want to know if more people feel that way.

Fair enough.. seems strange to me, but I don't worry about the opinions of others when it comes to things like this. If someone thinks it's ok to grope someone, they're to me completely wrong. As per the video you mention.

If I'm faced with it, then I'll express my opinion..

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I don’t make a fuss..
They pay my bills.

So what if an old lady grabs my behind in a lift every once in a while.
I don’t have a significant other to report back to, I can see how it changes when the behind belongs to someone else.

Is it different if an old, obese, hairy man gropes your crotch?

With an oily face, crusty lips, as he grins a toothless grin at you and spittle oozes from the corner of his mouth?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's never ok to touch another human being without permission. You are a grown man and should not have to go to a conspiracy site to have that question answered. Don't you have a 6 year old daughter ? You want people groping her whenever they want ? No, I didn't think so. Want people playing touchy feely with your wife ? No . What your asking is a no brainer. It's never ok to grope another person. I mean damn.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

When I was in high school, there were several instances when I and some other guys were "groped". And no not by other guys.
There were several girls who kind of "got off" by feeling guys up when there was a crowded line at the snack machines during breaks in classes, or at the start of lunch. We all seemed to "appreciate" it more than being troubled by it and you could always hear the girls giggle as the talked to each other afterwards.

Yea, I went to school with a bunch of female perverts, but that's how things went in high school. I guess we guys thought they were trying to pick out a date for the weekend, but I don't remember too many of us getting that lucky. The girls all wanted to date the guys from a college which was close by.
edit on 27-9-2018 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think it's fair enough to say that it is (under typical circumstances) the sexual equivalent of any other form of physical assault. If you intentionally put your hands on someone else and they don't like it, it's assault (IMO). Period. It's not as bad as, say, beating someone half to death but it's not something that should be tolerated.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

It's a no brainer for me

I guess you just don't get why I asked

I wanted to see if it's a no brainer for others.
Clearly not a no brainer for lady in video

It's also a no brainer to me that you don't shoot someone in an alley over a mattress

I'm mot asking to validate my opinion
I'm asking cause I want to know others opinion

Is it really that hard?
edit on 27-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You have a hard time staying on topic in your threads. The mattress shooting was days ago in another thread. We are talking about grown man not knowing if it's ok to grope another human being. Or wondering if all feel the same way.....Grown men don't have to ask people if that's an ok to grope another. You should have been taught that years ago. Oh...thanks for the capitalization in your reply to my post...makes it so much easier to read.

edit on 27-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Unwanted touching of any kind is a no no.

Remember the thread you started about your creepy coworker who kept his hand lingering on your shoulder when he talked to you, TST ? It may have not been seen as groping, but it was definitely pass the mark of acceptable touching.

I have told my kids that their personal space is theirs, and anything they don’t feel comfortable with is something they should speak up about. Politely if possible, but in some cases a simple, firm rebuke is needed.

Even a simple hug can turn into a grope of some sort. I try to avoid them in real life ( cyber hugs are ok 😏)

Wait- that was TST's thread?? The one with the guy who kept touching him? And TST was about to go over the edge about it?

!!! Yeah, TST, why DID you start this thread??

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: carewemust
It's OK if you ask for permission, and get that authorization on video.

And notarized.

Pictures or it didn't happen.....lol....

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Depends on what you grab. A butt? That's just flirting. Just lay off the boobs and kitty, those are off limits unless it's the one you're sexually active with. I take a crotch shot and boob jiggle at my wife all the time if she's walking past me or the opportunity arises. She tells me to stop while she giggles and lightly slaps my arm. Never would I ever do that to another girl though.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Context is important to determine scale.

Me, as a 45 year old man, groping someones daughter on her 18th birthday is detestable.

Me, as a 15 year old boy still trying to feel out boundaries in an awkward encounter with another 15 year old classmate...not really quite as detestable.

Its all context and scale.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"IS groping a someone a big deal?"

Probably. In this day when just getting into someone's personal space can be considered offensive actually touching is totally out. That said we should just chill out.

link   
I'm in Greensboro...…...I like calling North Carolina home. How about you ?a reply to: Plotus

link   

originally posted by: Muninn

It's OK if you ask for permission, and get that authorization on video.

And notarized.

I asked a coworker if I could "squeeze her Charmin" while we were on an elevator once. She said "OK". It was a fun 20 seconds to the 30th floor that day!

First thing that came to mind was Kelly McGillis and Tom Cruise on the elevator in Top Gun. Did she tell you it could get complicated?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Context is important to determine scale.

Me, as a 45 year old man, groping someones daughter on her 18th birthday is detestable.

Me, as a 15 year old boy still trying to feel out boundaries in an awkward encounter with another 15 year old classmate...not really quite as detestable.

Its all context and scale.

I'll go one as well. We had a party in the mid 70's. Dad smacked Mom's best friend on the ass and she smiled. I took a cue from that and did the same. Apparently it wasn't cool for a 14 yo to do the same. Dad smacked my ass but not in the same manner.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
What I would tell my daughter or son?

If it wasn't invited , punch them in the throat. If they did it again, alert the authorities. Hard for them to do it again while laying on the ground choking .

OOPH. I'd never tell my son to punch a girl in the throat for groping him. I'd tell him to grope her back. Now if a guy groped him, then yeah, knock Adam's apple to the back of his neck.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
You have a hard time staying on topic in your threads. The mattress shooting was days ago in another thread. We are talking about grown man not knowing if it's ok to grope another human being. Or wondering if all feel the same way.....Grown men don't have to ask people if that's an ok to grope another. You should have been taught that years ago. Oh...thanks for the capitalization in your reply to my post...makes it so much easier to read.

I guess you are just thick. I don't know.

For the 10th time I know it's not ok.
What the he'll don't you understand?

I like to get people's opinion. I like to know how others feel about these things.
It's interesting to me

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Shhhhh, don't say anything, the hoards of people will want to come here from NYC or Cali or Seattle. I've been here since 06

The best season is upon us, that is if the Hurricane's will stay at bay. I am south central.

But groping is the subject here, and drifting will get us removed. so yea, sometimes groping is not so good a romantic move. In fact, if your not yet involved, it's a terrible move. But the meetoo bunch seem to think of it as rape.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Sheye
Unwanted touching of any kind is a no no.

Remember the thread you started about your creepy coworker who kept his hand lingering on your shoulder when he talked to you, TST ? It may have not been seen as groping, but it was definitely pass the mark of acceptable touching.

I have told my kids that their personal space is theirs, and anything they don’t feel comfortable with is something they should speak up about. Politely if possible, but in some cases a simple, firm rebuke is needed.

Even a simple hug can turn into a grope of some sort. I try to avoid them in real life ( cyber hugs are ok 😏)

Wait- that was TST's thread?? The one with the guy who kept touching him? And TST was about to go over the edge about it?

!!! Yeah, TST, why DID you start this thread??

Ok.
I will spell it out again.

I wanted to see how people on here felt. I wanted to see how many assholes we have like the chick in the video.

So again, that is why I started the thread.

It's not that hard to grasp. A big help would actually be reading what I say but people don't usually do that.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Its all a big mix up growing up. Most of us don't manage to really work it all out until we are in our 20's.

And if you struggle with social queue's to begin with.....

....lets just say I said a lot of really messed up stuff as a kid, not understanding that it was messed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join