It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS groping a someone a big deal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Unwanted touching of any kind is a no no.

Remember the thread you started about your creepy coworker who kept his hand lingering on your shoulder when he talked to you, TST ? It may have not been seen as groping, but it was definitely pass the mark of acceptable touching.

I have told my kids that their personal space is theirs, and anything they don’t feel comfortable with is something they should speak up about. Politely if possible, but in some cases a simple, firm rebuke is needed.

Even a simple hug can turn into a grope of some sort. I try to avoid them in real life ( cyber hugs are ok 😏)

Eh. I think a simple, "Hey, watch where you put your hands" is enough. If it's done again, after they know you're not down with it, that's when you go to someone.

When I was in High School in the 90's, I saw plenty of guys get kicked in the nuts or slapped for touching a girl inappropriately. Why have we reached the point of running to tattle? Liberals (NOT directed at you) are always telling women how strong they are, yet they would rather them run away to authorities if they might have been touched inappropriately. I say let the person know, whether it's verbal or physical. Then no second chances.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Violence is monopolized by authority for the sole purpose of making you feel powerless.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Is groping ok?

Would you be ok if this guy comes up to you and grabs you and fondles you?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

yes, it is a big deal. thank you for asking.

and a two year old is old enough to start learning about boundaries in an appropriate way -- for instance that they are not required to hug someone if they don't want to, and someone is not required to accept a hug from them if they don't want it.

sexual consent progresses very nicely from that basis when they reach an appropriate age.

Are you serious right now?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I grope myself a lot, its certainly no big deal.

End thread.

I'm saving this. If you're ever picked for a high political position, I'll be sure to tell everyone you groped yourself. Liberals are SURE to disqualify you for your actions against yourself.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Is groping ok?

Only in Sparta.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I am a woman, a mother and a grandmother. Teenaged boys and inexperienced young guys in their 20s don't really know a young woman's boundaries until they define them. If a boy/young man tries to grope and it is not desired firmly push them away and tell them to back the hell off. If they continue after that yell, scream, kick, bite, scratch, punch.... whatever it takes!

I understand that girls and young women can be easily confusing to young guys and send a lot of mixed signals (admit it ladies, when we're young and the hormones are raging we do) but if a young lady pushes you away and says back the hell off just do it!

Ahhh, my hero. You couldn't have said it more perfect. And you spelled "GO" as "GEAUX." As I previously said, I've watched guys get a foot to the nards, slapped, pushed, etc. for touching girls and whispering inappropriate things to them. That's exactly how you learn boundaries. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The way I remember it, it wasn't that big a deal. If you were alone with a girl, making out, it was kind of expected. Of course, the woman always reserved the right to say no and be respected. There was even a whole first base, second base type of thing where maybe today they go straight to the sex. So it wasn't uncommon to "cop a feel" in private.

In public, on the job, etc. was a whole different story. You always see movies where a man pats a woman on the butt. That was some kind of a violation. How serious depended on circumstance but you might get punched in the nose.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Anyone saying it is "OK" to grope someone is saying it would be OK for anyone to grope their daughter/son, or wife/husband, or any relative

pathetic

Actually it's not like saying that at all. A wife or husband is off limits, always have been. I've yet to see anyone say it's ok though. The right answer would be to let the person know it's not ok in either a verbal or physical way. After that, do what you must.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I am a woman, a mother and a grandmother. Teenaged boys and inexperienced young guys in their 20s don't really know a young woman's boundaries until they define them. If a boy/young man tries to grope and it is not desired firmly push them away and tell them to back the hell off.

Surely they get that taught at home from a very early age by both parents?

RESPECT......

Thats where boundries get taught from the cradle.

IF they are not taught at home then personal spaces should be brought up as

part of sex education, leaving them in no doubt, of where they can and can't

go.

You must be real young. Groping wasn't an issue ever brought up in the mainstream before this century, therefore parents didn't tell their kids "better not grope anyone." In fact, kids that would learn about groping now are kids that most likely born over the past 4 or 5 years.

So are women strong or are they weak and incapable of handling their own issues? Make up your mind, please.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Is groping ok?

That depends,

1. Does he stink (he looks like he might)?

2. If he fondles me, he'd better not be teasing me. Get me all hot and bothered for no reason.

3. He's not bad looking but he looks a little agitated (kinda looks like a wild dog). I think he might need to take a chill pill first. I don't want to be seeing a proctologist before I'm 50.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have beaten men senseless for less.

I was right to do so. It IS a big deal.

Are you a jealous guy?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Is someone spitting on your food a big deal? It wont kill ya. No big deal right? what about wiping a bugger on you? Not gonna hurt you so no big deal.
I know you think this is a big deal and are just trying to get a consensus from the general population.

If you're looking for a comparison, I'd rather be groped - by a woman - than have someone spit in my food or wipe snot on me.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Is someone spitting on your food a big deal? It wont kill ya. No big deal right? what about wiping a bugger on you? Not gonna hurt you so no big deal.
I know you think this is a big deal and are just trying to get a consensus from the general population.

If you're looking for a comparison, I'd rather be groped - by a woman - than have someone spit in my food or wipe snot on me.

"Rather" is subjective. The lesser of two evils? I'd "rather" not have either.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I don’t make a fuss..
They pay my bills.

So what if an old lady grabs my behind in a lift every once in a while.
I don’t have a significant other to report back to, I can see how it changes when the behind belongs to someone else.

Is it different if an old, obese, hairy man gropes your crotch?

With an oily face, crusty lips, as he grins a toothless grin at you and spittle oozes from the corner of his mouth?

Yes, or a woman fitting the same description. Pretty gross, no thanks.

Way before I was married, I was at a Halloween party and very good looking gal was dressed in a cowboy outfit. She had tight extremely short shorts on with a vest that showed lots of cleavage. Her cowboy hat was huge, cartoonish, as were her two plush pistols. I was standing in front of her and she rubbed the end of her plush pistol on my crotch so I grabbed her other pistol and did the same to her. We didn't know each other, it was just an attraction thing as it always is. I didn't mind a bit, neither did she.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Context is important to determine scale.

Me, as a 45 year old man, groping someones daughter on her 18th birthday is detestable.

Me, as a 15 year old boy still trying to feel out boundaries in an awkward encounter with another 15 year old classmate...not really quite as detestable.

Its all context and scale.

I'll go one as well. We had a party in the mid 70's. Dad smacked Mom's best friend on the ass and she smiled. I took a cue from that and did the same. Apparently it wasn't cool for a 14 yo to do the same. Dad smacked my ass but not in the same manner.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Man that's too funny. My parents still have a picture of me sneaking a feel on my Uncle's girlfriend back in the early 80's when I was about 5 years old. He was a Vietnam vet and always had the hottest women when I was a kid.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Violence is monopolized by authority for the sole purpose of making you feel powerless.

I bet you saw a lot of it, too. You're not much older than me. Women seemed a lot stronger before they were told how strong they are. From my experience, Conservative women are still that strong.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LSU2018

"Rather" is subjective. The lesser of two evils? I'd "rather" not have either.

As in the spit, booger, or groping? Since I'm a married and loyal man, I'd rather not have any either, but when I was single, I'd take a groping all day if she looked the part. Mmmmmmm Hmmm!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I went to school with this chick that was rather attractive, and dipped snuff.

Growing up out in the country, our girls were tougher than most city boys.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've been groped multiple times at nightclubs and similar over the years, even in gay clubs, but I didn't kick off, it was funny. I've never groped anyone myself though, and I think any unwanted touching is unacceptable behaviour.
I don't personaly mind being groped in some social situations though. Male or female if I'm in a gay environment for example.
I laugh "Not tonight sweetheart" if it's a guy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join