It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS groping a someone a big deal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'll give you a virtual grope now.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Lmao!
...I'll wait 30 years or so then I'll call a lawyer or a journalist...you'll be sorry then.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm not thick...I'm not the one that started a thread asking one's opinion of being groped. From what I've read so far.....from the major concencus of the folks who took the time to reply to your thread the answer is NO a damn resounding NO. You should not insult the folks who respond to your threads. It's just bad manners. I responded because I can't beleive a grown man even wonders about such things. To grope or not to grope...lmao

edit on 27-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I don’t make a fuss..
They pay my bills.

So what if an old lady grabs my behind in a lift every once in a while.
I don’t have a significant other to report back to, I can see how it changes when the behind belongs to someone else.

Is it different if an old, obese, hairy man gropes your crotch?

With an oily face, crusty lips, as he grins a toothless grin at you and spittle oozes from the corner of his mouth?

Does he also pay my bills?
I’m just kidding.. it doesn’t matter.

I suppose I’m just someone who’s comfourtable with human touch, even if they’re trying to make unwanted sexual advances.
If I do really become uncomfortable, I’ll let them know.
But there’s a big difference between someone brushing your cheeks and trying to make it out as an accident and an old fella grabbing me by the jewels.

I geuss what I’m trying to say is each situation is different, and each individual is different.
I never want someone to feel uncomfortable and expect them to voice it if I do.

Each to their own is what I’m saying, that, and don’t sweat the small stuff.
If someone does genuily do something against your will,I expect law and order to take it’s course.

But each situation is different, and should be handled accordingly.
edit on 27-9-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I responded because I can't beleive a grown man even wonders about such things. To grope or not to grope...lmao

People should be taught about boundaries growing up. Hopefully the thread is about who didn't learn versus is it really OK.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Do grown women know not to grope? In my persoal experiences, I would have to say no, my wife agrees. I have no idea why women enjoy touching me, feeling my chest or thighs/legs. these are not friends or women I know, just women at crosswalks or stores. When my wife and I first started dating, it drove her nuts. Then one day my wife told me I make them feel "safe". I almost 60 and it still happens a few times a week. I still am not sure why.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Parishna

The question doesn't need to be asked, unless you're attempting to out perverts and deviants. It is plainly not on to touch someone without consent.

i watched a video with a lady and her two daughters and she said groping is no big deal while the daughter jut agrees with her.
i want to know if more people feel that way.

I think the answer to your OP is in this response, you watched a single video with someone who thought this in a world of 6billion it might not be the best size sample to make your decision on

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
groping is a big deal. I teach self defense...that's good enough reason to knock someone on their Butt, kick em in the groin, poke im in the eye. That's assault.

I tell my sons not to do it. If someone groped my wife, they'd be in the hospital.

I've lived near to 50 years and have never felt the need to grope a woman in my entire life. I'm not sure why some guys think they have to do that?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Depends on the context of the situation...

Little kids will grab each other, doesn't mean it was assault means they still need to be taught what is acceptable by society while they try to figure out the difference between the sexes.

If I groped a 16 yr old... obviously assault.

If I groped my wife, someone else may be offended she would smile and grab back.

If a stranger is groped, most likely assault.

two teens that know each other, probably ok but depended on the reaction of the gropee, was no stated, did the groper stop etc.
To many variables to boil it down to yes an no.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You must be real young. Groping wasn't an issue ever brought up in the mainstream before this century

Never make assumptions...... I am young enough to be a great grandmother

and I can assure you that child abuse and molestation and insidious sexual

maneuvering in the work place has gone on forever.

therefore parents didn't tell their kids "better not grope anyone."

This parent taught my girls from a very young age that no one

was more important than themselves, however much older or high positioned

they were no ones voice was more important than theirs....not headmasters,

clerics, policemen, and anything inappropriate was to be reported.

In fact, kids that would learn about groping now are kids that most likely born over the past 4 or 5 years.

Like most kids...... there wasn't life before them!

So are women strong or are they weak and incapable of handling their own issues? Make up your mind, please.

Women are strong but many do not realise how strong or how far they have come.

As a young woman I couldn't have may name on a mortgage, I couldnt get credit of

my own i couldn't control my own fertility ( husbands signature required ) and

within the law my husband was allowed to rape me!!!! as a man couldn't rape his

wife she was his chattel.

edit on 27-9-2018 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262

I'm not thick...I'm not the one that started a thread asking one's opinion of being groped. From what I've read so far.....from the major concencus of the folks who took the time to reply to your thread the answer is NO a damn resounding NO. You should not insult the folks who respond to your threads. It's just bad manners. I responded because I can't beleive a grown man even wonders about such things. To grope or not to grope...lmao

Definitely thick.
I didn't wonder if I thought it was ok to grope.
I wondered if you and others thought it was ok.
So yeah. Thick

And I'm seeing a lot of replies to the tune of it depends.

Anyway I got my answers. I'm done with this one.
Too thick for me

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ask Al Franken...a reply to: TinySickTears

edit on 27-9-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If you consider me thick for already knowing for myself that it's not ok for people to grope another with out their permission.....and knowing that 99% of the population feels the same way....Why does 99% feel same way ? Because it's common sense. Let me repeat that . Common Sense to know it's not ok to grope people without permission......If not we would just have groping mayhem at the bus stops of American cities. Not to mention movie theatres. COMMON SENSE.
edit on 27-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Do grown women know not to grope? In my persoal experiences, I would have to say no, my wife agrees. I have no idea why women enjoy touching me, feeling my chest or thighs/legs. these are not friends or women I know, just women at crosswalks or stores. When my wife and I first started dating, it drove her nuts. Then one day my wife told me I make them feel "safe". I almost 60 and it still happens a few times a week. I still am not sure why.

I already mentioned my husband's experiences with groping. People seem to be completely glossing over women gropers in favor of blaming exclusively men for groping.

When are we going to admit this is a case of "do as I say, not as I do"? Women have a hell of a tough time keeping their hands to themselves, and yet we have multiple pages of saying this is the fault of men? WTF kind of logic is this s#? Talk about a bunch of enablers. Brushing it under the rug and hoping people forget it was brought up doesn't make men worse by default, people.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you consider me thick for already knowing for myself that it's not ok for people to grope another with out their permission.....and knowing that 99% of the population feels the same way....Why does 99% feel same way ? Because it's common sense. Let me repeat that . Common Sense to know it's not ok to grope people without permission......If not we would just have groping mayhem at the bus stops of American cities. Not to mention movie theatres. COMMON SENSE.

That's your own opinion, bro. As a woman, I agree with "It depends". Ever person is different, some view the next guy's mountains as mole hills and vice versa. Not everyone has the same ideas about personal boundaries/space, few things are agreed up as mass absolutes. There is always variation on the individual level.

To my husband, a grope is not a big deal and certainly not worth raising a ruckus over beyond a "You can stop now, ma'am." I can't see reacting any differently myself if I'm ever groped, either. A "You can stop now, sir" will suffice to get the point across. I'm not going to throat-punch someone for it without warning unless they get forceful and don't stop after that. I also don't find a one-off touch worthy of involving LEOs, either. However, other people certainly would feel differently and that's their call.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not really... a lot of woman have made the first move on me, becuase they expected me to grope them, without giving me permission.

So context and circumstances are everything. I’m very good at reading people and knew fully that those woman wanted me to grab some ass or boob, but they’ll never say it.

In this day and age I rather let those opportunities slide... just in case, I mean we all saw how it turned out for Frances president right?

So I guess it’s not common sense, the only common sense is to know about context and reading situations/people.
If everybody first had to give me ‘consent’ I’d never be able to do my damn job. But they’d still expect me to do it.. so.. nope.
edit on 27-9-2018 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Groot
What I would tell my daughter or son?

If it wasn't invited , punch them in the throat. If they did it again, alert the authorities. Hard for them to do it again while laying on the ground choking .

OOPH. I'd never tell my son to punch a girl in the throat for groping him. I'd tell him to grope her back. Now if a guy groped him, then yeah, knock Adam's apple to the back of his neck.

Yeah, I was referring that if a guy did it to a girl, not a girl to a guy. Most guys would welcome that. But, I am a dirty old man. And I was a dirty young guy, as most of us are. I just happened to be the nice guy and scared of girls.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: LSU2018

I went to school with this chick that was rather attractive, and dipped snuff.

There's one you don't see every day. LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Sheye
Unwanted touching of any kind is a no no.

Remember the thread you started about your creepy coworker who kept his hand lingering on your shoulder when he talked to you, TST ? It may have not been seen as groping, but it was definitely pass the mark of acceptable touching.

I have told my kids that their personal space is theirs, and anything they don’t feel comfortable with is something they should speak up about. Politely if possible, but in some cases a simple, firm rebuke is needed.

Even a simple hug can turn into a grope of some sort. I try to avoid them in real life ( cyber hugs are ok 😏)

Wait- that was TST's thread?? The one with the guy who kept touching him? And TST was about to go over the edge about it?

!!! Yeah, TST, why DID you start this thread??

Ok.
I will spell it out again.

I wanted to see how people on here felt. I wanted to see how many assholes we have like the chick in the video.

So again, that is why I started the thread.

It's not that hard to grasp. A big help would actually be reading what I say but people don't usually do that.

I did read what you wrote, man. I still had the question. You can't control what questions people ask in your threads. You can say "off topic" or "I explained it!" but people may still ask if they don't buy it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

so its not for someone to claim another getting groped is no big deal

correct?

I feel the term groping is wrong in it is used for everything...as example would someone say "god the sex last night was the best as my boy friend groped me". Also, do we typically suggest two teens are groping each other as they are maybe making out and their hands wonder...

Somewhere I think we need to establish a difference between unwanted touching and groping as we look at whether there was wanted physical interaction before the touching and the touching stopped at the point it was communicated to stop.

edit on 28-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join