It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS groping a someone a big deal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In the UK, touching anybody in any way without permission - and not just sexually - is officially a criminal offence of Common Assault. At least.

Naturally, common sense is involved in deciding whether to pursue and prosecute a complaint of "touching", especially if it's not sexual. Tube trains would feasibly provide a tsunami of daily cases for lawyers if that wasn't the case!

However, touching someone sexually without permission? As Muninn says, it's an issue if the person touched sincerely believes it's an issue. Can't really get more logical than that, and the prosecuting authorities will take it from there as to whether formal charges are brought.

edit on 26-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What I would tell my daughter or son?

If it wasn't invited , punch them in the throat. If they did it again, alert the authorities. Hard for them to do it again while laying on the ground choking .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's up to the individual and no one else.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It is never permissable to touch another person who doesn’t want to be touched, LE arrests and emergency responses excepted.

It doesn’t have to be groping (usually tied to sexual body parts) to be uncomfortable and/or unwanted touching.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
lots of threads now. why not another

what would you tell your daughters/sons about groping?

is it a big deal

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The unidentified woman made a point of telling her two teen daughters this during a live interview Tuesday on MSNBC.
“Groping a woman? At 18?” she said, before asking her daughters, “I mean, how many guys do you know who think that’s no big deal?” After the two girls nodded in agreement, the mother reiterated,
“It’s not a big deal.”

i cant imbed this one but it is in the middle if you care to watch. its only like 45 seconds

i know huffington is lol fake news but its there on video. it happened. she said it

i just want to know what you all think of it

do you agree it is no big deal?

daughter kind of rolls eyes and agrees with mom

eh

its no big deal

agree or disagree?

twitter.com...

^^^^video address if you dont want to go to huffington
As always it depends on whether said groper is good looking or not. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Define 'big deal.'

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

IS groping a someone a big deal?

Not if they want you to, and only if they don't.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I know you suck and everything, but didn't you learn from Sonic?

edit on 26-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Unwanted touching of any kind is a no no.

Remember the thread you started about your creepy coworker who kept his hand lingering on your shoulder when he talked to you, TST ? It may have not been seen as groping, but it was definitely pass the mark of acceptable touching.

I have told my kids that their personal space is theirs, and anything they don’t feel comfortable with is something they should speak up about. Politely if possible, but in some cases a simple, firm rebuke is needed.

Even a simple hug can turn into a grope of some sort. I try to avoid them in real life ( cyber hugs are ok 😏)

edit on 26-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, it's a very big deal.

No one, whether man or woman, should inappropriately touch another person without permission. it empowers the groper to continue this behaviour, and makes the person being groped feel violated and objectified.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Its a good question.

I dont know the answer.

Its wrong for sure.

Biut what level of wrong.

Can there be different levels of groping? I think so.

should there be punsihement. For some of it yeah.

Should incidents from decades ago be pushed as a big deal now?

I dont know.

How does this line up with other sex crimes, like exposing oneself?

The 4th kavanaugh accuser who is completely anonymous basically alleges he groped her, or touched her inapproriately in 1998.

If true, i would have to here exactly what the details were before I could make a jedgement. Did her try to like cool guy james dean and push her in to the wall grab her and try to maek out?

Did he hurt her by shoving her before forcibly squeezing her breast hard?

There is a big difference between the two.

Some people will say it doesnt matter, if it happened it disqualifies him.

But then what about cory booker who admitted to groping a drunk girl against her will? Must he be kicked out?

And then all of this at least in the kavanaugh incident hinges on can it be proven true, which I have seen no evidence so far.

But I think questions like your OP are important, and we need to start differentiating between different sex acts and come to as much of a consensus as possible as to what to do about these things.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

edit on 26-9-2018 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Sheye

I was trying to remember who wrote that thread!

I got flamed so hard for pretty much saying it wasn't that big of a deal..

It was to him.. and he told the guy more than a few times to cut it out. The guy kept doing it, which is just straight up disrespect.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

yes, it is a big deal. thank you for asking.

and a two year old is old enough to start learning about boundaries in an appropriate way -- for instance that they are not required to hug someone if they don't want to, and someone is not required to accept a hug from them if they don't want it.

sexual consent progresses very nicely from that basis when they reach an appropriate age.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: Sheye

I was trying to remember who wrote that thread!

I got flamed so hard for pretty much saying it wasn't that big of a deal..

It was to him.. and he told the guy more than a few times to cut it out. The guy kept doing it, which is just straight up disrespect.

Actually I was thinking of a different thread. It wasn't our Mr. Tiny

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I grope myself a lot, its certainly no big deal.

End thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I am a woman, a mother and a grandmother. Teenaged boys and inexperienced young guys in their 20s don't really know a young woman's boundaries until they define them. If a boy/young man tries to grope and it is not desired firmly push them away and tell them to back the hell off. If they continue after that yell, scream, kick, bite, scratch, punch.... whatever it takes!

I understand that girls and young women can be easily confusing to young guys and send a lot of mixed signals (admit it ladies, when we're young and the hormones are raging we do) but if a young lady pushes you away and says back the hell off just do it!

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I guess the society in our country has changed. It used to be you got slapped or a drink thrown into your face if you grabbed some woman's butt. I did that once, she looked just like my girlfriend from the back after a few beers. It is embarrassing to have to explain that you grabbed the wrong ass to a woman, but they understood after they saw your girlfriend from behind.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I am a woman, a mother and a grandmother. Teenaged boys and inexperienced young guys in their 20s don't really know a young woman's boundaries until they define them. If a boy/young man tries to grope and it is not desired firmly push them away and tell them to back the hell off. If they continue after that yell, scream, kick, bite, scratch, punch.... whatever it takes!

I understand that girls and young women can be easily confusing to young guys and send a lot of mixed signals (admit it ladies, when we're young and the hormones are raging we do) but if a young lady pushes you away and says back the hell off just do it!

Yeah, back in the seventies when I was a teenager, It was a little different than it is now. The seventies were actually fun, you went to the bars to meet girls and dance, now you need to sign up for a dating service or be really good at typing on the net. I watched my granddaughter and her boyfriend sit at the table and text their friends on their phones when they were dating.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join