It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you keep a fox?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Bro, smell yourself.

Flip, I'm an animal!

Not to be funny, but yes you are.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Don't bring on the heartache.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
A fox no?

Am I "domesticated"?

I guess to teach a fox "civilization" you must lead by example.

As in human: "Oh what a miserable spring day!"

Now you try Mr Fox:

"Blah, blah, yarp!"

See, we're making progress. Woof, woof!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
We, the good people know that language is so often tied to upright moral standards.

Could one teach it to a fox?

One can try, but tomorrow night he's chasing the chickens in the barn again.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sweet - Fox on the Run.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What are these humans up to?

What does the fox say?

edit on 23-9-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would love to have a pet fox. Tame foxes can be good pets. Raccoons, skunks and possums can all actually be decent pets too.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

yes

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I didn't watch this particular video, but I have seen one that discussed a Russian experiment where they were trying to domesticate foxes for fur production. They were successful in that the foxes become much more tame and friendly, but it was also a failure because strange streaks of odd coloration started to show up in the furs. Because of that, the foxes while much more domesticated and tame, were unsuitable for the fur trade.

If this is that experiment, all I have to say is that there are levels of domestication.

All of our farm animals are domesticated, but no one really argues that some of them are good indoor companions animals. Even some dogs aren't really good indoor companion animals for various breed reasons.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

In reality; no. But it's fun to think about. The fox experiment actually allows us a glimpse into the domestication of dogs and why there is so much "type" and "temperment" variation in a single species. However, back to the foxes; They won't be cute cuddly well behaved pets. As wild animals they are very sly and I doubt that the pet foxes have lost that.

vul·pine
ˈvəlˌpīn/
relating to a fox or foxes.
crafty; cunning.
"Karl gave a vulpine smile"

So unless you want to have an animal that is constantly trying to outwit you, foxes are probably not a good pet.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No. I have been bitten a few too many times by a plain old garden variety domesticated dog. My money says a fox would also bite a person if it was in that kind of mood. Might as well just get a dog. Just a mut (so you can bypass the "fancy!" tax AMAP)
edit on 23-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Are they not crazy?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Because employees at my mine site feed the foxes, they have become like dogs.
Some truck drivers have their own foxes that will jump up into their trucks and drive around with them for a shift. They jump up on the picnic tables at work while ppl are sitting smoking, then they will curl up and go to sleep.
They will rub up on you and sit and beg at your feet.
All because idiots started feeding them.

15 years ago the old mine manager took in 3 bear cubs because they were abandoned.
They became his pets... he would let them sleep in his trailer, feed them, all the while he was staying in there with them.
Eventually they had to be relocated because they were causing trouble.
But it’s because of idiots that these animals become reliant on human interaction.

Don’t get me wrong though, if I came across a fox kit, that I knew was gonna die left on its own. I’d be bringing him home.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Dude. Foxes STINK. Imagine your house always smelling faintly of a skunk that was run over a week ago, and cat pee.
Not to mention they're incredibly destructive, despite their cuteness.

Do you actually want one, or does it just seem like a cool idea?

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Im on the fence about a pet fox. However, they can be pretty cool. I once had an older fox come right up to me in Colorado. I was busy staining and glance down at my feet and there he is. Just sniffing my shoes lol. I gave him a pat on the back and he didnt seem to care. From that point on, every morning I'd see him come by the cabin with his kills and chill under the shade after a hunt. He was real tame

link   
Im on the fence about a pet fox. However, they can be pretty cool. I once had an older fox come right up to me in Colorado. I was busy staining and glance down at my feet and there he is. Just sniffing my shoes lol. I gave him a pat on the back and he didnt seem to care. From that point on, every morning I'd see him come by the cabin with his kills and chill under the shade after a hunt. He was real tame

link   
triple post....
edit on 23-9-2018 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I gather foxes stink, but so would I if I lived in woods, and nobody ever took me to the doggie parlor.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Are they not crazy?

I used to stop and read your posts when I saw your avatar.

Now I just scroll by and see hairy butt legs

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

NO

We humans are not lords of all living things

Animals need to be free, run free and be what they where meant to be..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join