It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is close. the one holiday i really like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
its getting close folks.
its my favorite holiday.

what do you all do for it if anything?

we have a 6 year old daughter so of course we go out trick or treating.

i just dig walking around checking out peoples decorations. watch a few scary movies.

we usually go to the halloween costume stores to mess around.

first trip was tonight.

they had a real cool ghostbusters hat im going to have to go back and get.
you have the spirit halloween store near you?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Looks like a fun day out with the gang. I love any occasion that gets my wife, 7 yr ol daughter and I together.

Halloween is pretty cool, but as Ive gotten older I personally dig Memorial Day and Labor day...cause I loce to cook on the smoker all day and rock 3 day weekends.

My daughter is a Chistmas geek, my wife leans towards anything old school pagan, like Equinoxes and Solstices and the like.

I do like the odd snickers or 3 musketeers so I wont kick Halloween outa the mix

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We do not celebrate it here in Australia its an American thing brought to their shores by fleeing witches.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When my boys were still here, I used to do a whole cemetery in the front yard, complete with glow in the dark replicas of my hands, made at my old job. Monsters and body parts everywhere.

I love Halloween. I just hate putting everything away after. Getting lazy in my old age. LOL

Now I just build a lego neighborhood, with different scenes at each house, with kids dressed up trick or treating.
I do miss being in town on Halloween, since we don't get trick or treaters out here.

Great Pics!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Looks like a fun day out with the gang. I love any occasion that gets my wife, 7 yr ol daughter and I together.

Halloween is pretty cool, but as Ive gotten older I personally dig Memorial Day and Labor day...cause I loce to cook on the smoker all day and rock 3 day weekends.

My daughter is a Chistmas geek, my wife leans towards anything old school pagan, like Equinoxes and Solstices and the like.

I do like the odd snickers or 3 musketeers so I wont kick Halloween outa the mix

yeah man it just gets us out to be goofy. we go to the halloween stores and try on masks and go to haunted houses and such. its fun.

im not too into christmas except for the day itself. i like waking up and watching them open their stuff.

i try to be goofy whenever possible.

a few years back my brother was in the hospital around christmas time and they had a manger scene set up in the hospital lobby. i jumped in and propped little ole 6 lb, 12 oz newborn infant baby jesus's head up in my hands and snapped a pic.

ill see if i can find it

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I despise Halloween. Of all of the holidays it's the most overrated. Plus a lot of people show their creepy side on Halloween because it's considered socially acceptable but you can tell a lot of them are really like that deep down and that weirds me out when it's someone I thought I knew pretty well.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

lol I love Talladega nights!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

one of my all time favorite shirts.

i got this at a goodwill in columbus. i got lots of looks for this one

hahahahahhahaha

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

lol I love Talladega nights!

you got the reference

nice!!!!

remember, if youre not first, youre last

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
My family is WAY into Halloween. My brother and sister in law used to run a haunted house for charity in an abandoned theater in my old hometown. My mom and dad’s house was a famous stop for decades. My mom would take a week to get individualized bags done for the annual trick or treaters on top of the candy and decorations.

She passed away in July after cancer ravaged her for three months.
We hope to keep up the Halloween spirit for her.

I’ll bet there are a lot more spirit Halloween stores now that Toys r us is no more...
Cheers all.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
We used to have a Halloween costume thread pop up every year. Not sure if it is no longer allowed or if the poster is no longer with us. But I loved seeing the costumes of the members.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

shake and bake!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I remember those! I think I actually posted a pic in one of my witch costumes. They were fun threads.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I hope you did. I did not due to age and no children. Now with a couple kids under 5. I miss the opportunity to do so.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Me and some buddies got a zombie attack/Purge fest mobile show planned out for the neighborhood. Smoke grenades, graphic injury makeup, unloaded Paintballgun for the sound. Last couple of Halloween some have done the Christmas lights around the cars and playing the alert theme in their loud speakers. We want to adapt that, and then make it seem like we are dispatching the invasion. Then we toss some candy around for the spectators hope into the truck and move on to the next block.

I call it trick and treat 2018! I just hope everyone follows through. I may got eight people that said they'll participate, but you know how things can come up suddenly as the date gets closer.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Did you see the SJW and MSM outrage over advertising a Halloween costume? It got so bad Yandy had to take it down and put an apology in it's place. It may have been a little over the top but homemade should be showing up this Halloween and at many clubs.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I like to carve pumpkins and lite up the inside.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

they had a real cool ghostbusters hat im going to have to go back and get. 
you have the spirit halloween store near you? 

I make my own props.. here we are😊

edit on 22-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Wow! What's happening to ATS tonight. Kept posting the same pic... and it flips out and erroneously provided another photos. It took away my background too. I had to put it back..😮😮🤔🤔🤔😁
edit on 22-9-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Seems we Hijacked it from the kids.....

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Of all of the holidays it's the most overrated.

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that Christmas starts two weeks before Halloween now.

Plus a lot of people show their creepy side on Halloween because it's considered socially acceptable but you can tell a lot of them are really like that deep down and that weirds me out when it's someone I thought I knew pretty well.

I just.......wow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join