It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween is close. the one holiday i really like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm sure you'll be happy to know that Christmas starts two weeks before Halloween now.

hahaha

youre right about that

they get that # out earlier and earlier every year

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I despise Halloween. Of all of the holidays it's the most overrated.

You must have been a real hoot growing up then. It couldn't possibly have been an easy burden being the boring kid in school, huh?

Plus a lot of people show their creepy side on Halloween because it's considered socially acceptable but you can tell a lot of them are really like that deep down and that weirds me out when it's someone I thought I knew pretty well.

Nah man, those who do nothing, and are vehement about it, are suspicious mofos. Those are the ones trying to hide that pitch black corner of their soul because the holiday theme hits just a little too close to home for them.
The rest of us are literally just playing dress-up & exercising the imagination, folks do it all the time between costumed day jobs, or cosplaying hobbies. Halloween is just a more dedicated dress-up day, with no age limits for participants.
Again, it's those quiet, scowling people who say they think it's weird or wrong that you have to watch out for. Boring people with anti-holiday chips on their shoulders, man, that's dangerous. See how that smearing of holiday interests (or in your case, apparent lack thereof) works? Goes both ways

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: TinySickTears

they had a real cool ghostbusters hat im going to have to go back and get. 
you have the spirit halloween store near you? 

I make my own props.. here we are😊

Wow! What's happening to ATS tonight. Kept posting the same pic... and it flips out and erroneously provided another photos. It took away my background too. I had to put it back..😮😮🤔🤔🤔😁

Glad to see your mom doing well there Norman.

I kid I kid!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

they had a real cool ghostbusters hat im going to have to go back and get. 
you have the spirit halloween store near you? 

I make my own props.. here we are😊

Wow! What's happening to ATS tonight. Kept posting the same pic... and it flips out and erroneously provided another photos. It took away my background too. I had to put it back..😮😮🤔🤔🤔😁

Glad to see your mom doing well there Norman.

I kid I kid!!!

That genuinely made me spit coffee. Good morning JnMI🤗

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

RiteAid has X-Mas decoration out now. Thanksgiving barely has and end pallet.

I'll replace the 8 with a 9 and im ready to go👍👍😁

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

We have a Victorian so we dress it up like a haunted house.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

We do not celebrate it here in Australia its an American thing brought to their shores by fleeing witches.

Just for you I'm going to dress up as Baby Jesus Michael Myers.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

So sad to hear. Maybe we should just start making our Halloween decorations out of Christmas decorations!

And good morning to you as well BB.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I love Halloween.

The wife and I have a Halloween party every year. This year will be the 14th.

We decorate the front and back yard, the entire house and turn the garage into a laboratory.

I'll post some pics in a bit.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

dont forget to post the pics
i want to see

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Can also confirm the local store has the decorations on the floor. Although yet in boxes.

What a #))(#) shame.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here in the hood... We really are affraid of Halloween.. and we don't even get decorations or candies. So... Long story short. We avenge ourselves by playing tricks on those cheap bastards.

O'er here we say. Tricks!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I despise Halloween. Of all of the holidays it's the most overrated. Plus a lot of people show their creepy side on Halloween because it's considered socially acceptable but you can tell a lot of them are really like that deep down and that weirds me out when it's someone I thought I knew pretty well.

I’ve seen some creepy sides. Driving home from work one Halloween in a wooded area of a college town I saw a man at least 6” dressed as Batman walking on the side of the road. Not just some Batman costume from the usual stores, more like S&M leather and skin tight, whole face covered as well, creeped me the hell out.

I do miss trick or treating with my son and his friends. It was always comical and so much fun!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

A 6 inch man?!?!

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
October is Halloween Month.

I love to go to paranormal presentations if I can.
I love seeing houses all decked out in their spookiness.
I love spooky movies and stories.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All Hallows Day (Halloween) is an interesting event, historically.

The day the souls of the dead return (actually three days), and they must be appeased, else the next year's crop will not be bountiful. Hence the jack-o-lanterns and other mythical effigies. In the 15th to 17th Century All Hallows Day was a pretty big deal. Of course, like Christmas, the Catholic Church eventually dumbed it down to what it is today (just a lark).

My ex was full-on Scottish and I swear she would become possessed on All Hallows Eve (like crazy s#!!). We went camping one time in Northern Michigan (about a 7-8 mile hike in). I'd forgotten what day it was. That night I swear she conjured up spirits and was walking through the fire (and all sorts of other crazy S#). That woman was flat-out CRA-ZEEE!! That S# even skeered me that night...and I ain't skeered of nothin!!

ETA - She started chanting around the campfire. "All Hallows Eve...Allll Halllllooooows EEEEEEvvvvve...Allll Halllllooooows EEEEEEvvvvve!!! Come spirits, I beg you tonight is your niiiiiiiggggght...Allll Halllllooooows EEEEEEvvvvve!!! AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEGGGGGHHHHAAAAHHHH!!!! Allll Halllllooooows EEEEEEvvvvve!!!!"

Freaked my S# right the hell out!!!
edit on 9/23/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: KTemplar

A 6 inch man?!?!

Lol, typo. 6 ft

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i will be ugly fairy
) i have seen it in a movie. wait i ll find maybe.

edit on 24-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I despise Halloween. Of all of the holidays it's the most overrated. Plus a lot of people show their creepy side on Halloween because it's considered socially acceptable but you can tell a lot of them are really like that deep down and that weirds me out when it's someone I thought I knew pretty well.

That little paragraph shows more creepiness than any Halloween costume I have ever seen. That is how a serial killers memoir starts. How many of those people that you thought you knew, have ended up buried beneath your basement. Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

That little paragraph shows more creepiness than any Halloween costume I have ever seen. That is how a serial killers memoir starts. How many of those people that you thought you knew, have ended up buried beneath your basement. Inquiring minds want to know.

Since when is an opinion on Halloween creepy ?

Lots of terrible things happen on Halloween, especially with those who celebrate the occult side of it.
Pretending it’s all fun with kiddos trick or treating is denying the crap that actually happens on this holiday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join