It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas father and son allegedly killed neighbor over mattress in trash bin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
So a Texas father and son killed their neighbor after a argument over trash in a ally way.

What is the world coming to, I know killing over stupid things isn't knew but to kill over thrash is just stupid. I get how an argument can get out of control but why didn't they just punch each other a few time...

I am not one for gun control but people dumb enough to risk jail time and murder for a mattress is just plain dumb. They are not the first to do something so outrageous for a thing that could be solved with talk, why the incredible escalation?

Some people should not have guns and it is not just the mentally ill but also the mentally immature who don't think about the consequences of their actions.

To have a gun is a responsibility to the highest degree and should only be used in self defense and not for petty disputes.

Father and son kill over trash

I think this was a pointless death, what do you think?

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The two fat dudes with the guns didn’t seem to be escalating the situation . The big guy hurling death threats was the person escalating the situation. Texas is a castle doctrine state. I say the odds are better than 50-50 that the two fat guys will be acquitted .

Texas law provides for a justifiable defense at trial when using deadly force if the person claiming self defense:.....

1 Reasonably believed the deadly force was immediately necessary;
2 Had a legal right to be on the property;
3 Did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used; and
4 Was not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force was used.

This case will probably come down to threat of force......

Threat of force is when a person displays a weapon as a threat, showing that they will use deadly force to cause death or serious bodily injury if necessary. Texas Penal Code §9.04. Threat of Force is a precursor to the use of Deadly Force.

For example, a landowner, on his property, sees a trespasser running towards him. If the landowner decides to turn in such a way to display his holstered, loaded gun which causes the trespasser to run off the property, Texas law says this is likely a justifiable threat of force.

Texas castle doctrine

edit on 22-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

i like how these people all look like inbred piles of uncle daddy #

love the way the kid with the shotty does the leslie chow
hahahahah

not i am not saying the 2 shirtless dime pieces were obligated to walk away but really they could have walked away right?

have to? no
should have? i think yes

i mean just cause you can kill someone and possibly be justified does not mean you should.

this is a major problem i have with all these people carrying guns. just in general

i mean what is the point of standing there for several minutes saying back off. back off. a little leslie chow action then back off.
# man.
just walk away you know

idiots all around

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

n Texas, Section 9 of the Texas Penal Code provides legal justifications for the use of force in a limited set of circumstances when a person has no duty to retreat. For example, a homeowner in his own home does not have a duty to retreat and may use deadly force to protect himself against an armed intruder. This would be the same for a business owner in his place of business and a truck driver in his own truck.

a homeowner has no duty to retreat
a business owner has no duty to retreat
a driver in his own vehicle has no duty to retreat

hows that work for a couple fattys in an alley that want a serta?

A person may use deadly force in self defense under Section 9.31 of Texas Penal Code if he:

Knew the intruder unlawfully with force entered into his home, vehicle, or place of employment;
or Was being kidnapped;
or The intruder was attempting to sexually assault, rob, kidnap, or murder

either way.
hope fat ass lands in jail

could have walked away
edit on 22-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Saw this on Live Leak last night. In the comments section someone had posted about about the big loud mouth, apparently Sasquatch had some serious mental issues to go along with all that pent-up rage. 3 of Abilene's finest citizens to be sure. I hate to be cruel, but I think the dynamic duo may have done the world a favor here.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There are different circumstances that don’t deal exclusively with your home. Do you remember the last case in Florida it happened at a convenient store. ( all castle doctor in laws have basically the same narrative )

Read my first quote again.

I’m not taking sides either way they were both assholes. I’m just laying out the facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Moral of the story.....
What do you say to a man with a 12 gauge on their shoulder ?
Sir , yes sir.
And , watch close as the older guy dodges something by lurching to his left...

edit on 9/22/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
...all castle doctor...

It's castle doctrine.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

i dont remember and i am taking sides.

as i said

even if they were not obligated to walk away they could have

imo killing someone should be a last resort. if you have time to stand there for several minutes while your fat boy kid throws a leslie chow then i dont think that qualifies as a last resort.

sometimes i really think that some people just want to be able to smoke someone and get away with it

but yeah i would feel so much better if more people had guns

these people exist too
stupid assholes that could walk away

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The old guy was dodging the bat that Sasquatch threw at him while performing a death rattle.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My bad chalk that up to dyslexia, voice dictation or auto correct. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

and somehow we are supposed to listen to your opinion, a person who uses looks as the final arbitration for defining 2 peoples worth.

Do you read what you write, before you post? I dont agree or disagree with the op, but I whole heartedly disagree with your biggoted post.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

and somehow we are supposed to listen to your opinion, a person who uses looks as the final arbitration for defining 2 peoples worth.

Do you read what you write, before you post? I dont agree or disagree with the op, but I whole heartedly disagree with your biggoted post.

i give a # what you think
dont read my posts then.

not changing my opinion for you

i commented on them being fat asses.
dont care if thy weighed 100 pounds or 900

they could have walked away

but since they are tubby # piles i might as well comment on it

feel free to not read anything i post. works for me

remember how you feel about those types of comments the next time a thread pops up about a woman, i mean washed up slut whore bitch that does or says something negative against you know who

do you roll through those threads calling out those comments?
i think not

edit on 22-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

You have to think before you read what you post , before you post it...

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

i give a # what you think

You dont have to give a blank what we think....
At least give a blank about what you post

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Their was no rational reason for the Millers to still be loitering in the alley way... Unless their intent was to deliberately provoke.

1 Reasonably believed the deadly force was immediately necessary;
2 Had a legal right to be on the property;
3 Did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used; and
4 Was not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force was used.

Seems like a cut and dry case of murder to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Both sides could’ve walked away . But it’s tough to see that with blinders on .

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

unlike many
i say/post exactly what i mean

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter what the argument was about, and has more to do with who attacked who first. Let's not make this sound like he was killed over cigars, and not because of his actions afterwards. I wasn't there though.

ETA: Did not realize there is a video, which shows the people with the gun's being the calm ones. Hard to tell what happened
edit on 22-9-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
One mans trash is another mans kingdom

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join