It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: UKTruth

All getting sorted very very nicely.
The Withdrawal Bill being voted on today includes a LAW that says that there can be no extension to the transition period beyond December 31st 2020.
It's going to pass. The EU will now have to play to our tune in trade negotiations (they won't) or we get a no deal Brexit - exactly what we the people voted for.
TOTAL victory.

I seemed to miss the referendum on a no deal brexit. Is it possibly just something else you made up in your head?

The referendum was not Remain or a Deal.
It was Remain or Leave.
Traitors tried to make a deal the focus in order to try and stop Brexit - but they failed... totally failed.

Looks like we'll get the clean break we voted for now its LAW that the transition can not go beyond the 31st Dec 2020.
Happy days. What a victory for Boris and democracy!

Yes so you have just confirmed, contrary to your earlier claim, that it was not a vote for a no deal brexit.

Good to see you are still going on with your childish traitor crap however.

The traitors are less important now - they lost big. Sweet.
The People's Vote was to leave. Leave means leave. Not leave with a deal.

edit on 20/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The Withdrawal Bill being voted on today includes a LAW that says that there can be no extension to the transition period beyond December 31st 2020.
It's going to pass. The EU will now have to play to our tune in trade negotiations (they won't) or we get a no deal Brexit - exactly what we the people voted for.
TOTAL victory.

I seemed to miss the referendum on a no deal brexit. Is it possibly just something else you made up in your head?

It was Remain or Leave.
Traitors tried to make a deal the focus in order to try and stop Brexit - but they failed... totally failed.

Looks like we'll get the clean break we voted for now its LAW that the transition can not go beyond the 31st Dec 2020.

Yes so you have just confirmed, contrary to your earlier claim, that it was not a vote for a no deal brexit.

Leave means leave. That may or may not involve a deal. There wasn't a vote for a no deal brexit.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

TOTAL victory.

It was Remain or Leave.

Leave means leave. That may or may not involve a deal. There wasn't a vote for a no deal brexit.

We voted for no deal Brexit. DEAL with it as we're likely to get it.
So delighted.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

TOTAL victory.

It was Remain or Leave.

So delighted.

Your own post since showed we didn't.

DEAL with it your wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

TOTAL victory.

It was Remain or Leave.

So delighted.

Your own post since showed we didn't.

DEAL with it your wrong.

I'm dealing with things great!
Winning feels good.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It just keeps getting better!
Confirmation that NO EU rules will be followed in the UK after the transition period.
www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We even helped our German friends avoid recession.

Increased clarity about Britain's planned departure from the European Union has helped Germany avert the danger of a recession, Economy Minister Peter Altmaier said in remarks published on Friday.
kfgo.com...

This time.

edit on 21-12-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it."

In my eyes, it can't be fixed anymore. Only clean out some debris. It was voted in 2016, it is almost 2020 and nothing has happened. As a feminist, i love to see women leaders but May was just playing time. Delaying things. This is not real democracy and the fine people of Great Britain deserve better.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

it is almost 2020 and nothing has happened.

We have a new pro Brexit government with a majority to get Brexit done so now things are happening , a law was just passed that says we leave next month and the negotiation period can't run beyond next December.

The ball is now in the EU's court.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My best friend keeps telling me, that in 2016, the people of Great Britain were lied to, in order to vote "leave"

You will get these benefits .... you will get those benefits....

Is that true?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

My best friend keeps telling me, that in 2016, the people of Great Britain were lied to, in order to vote "leave"
Is that true?

In a word NO......

However there are always those who read into things what they want to see.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

If there had been a snap vote with no lead up and no campaigning I believe this country would have returned the same decision, there has been discontentment with the EU and its direction of travel for years so if your friend is British they probably voted to remain because that is a remainer argument.

In 2007 when Gordon Brown was PM he signed the EU Lisbon Treaty after the other leaders hoping he could do it quietly and unseen because it was politically sensitive back then , he didn't want to be seen to be giving more powers to the EU.

The UK signed up to a trading union in the early 70s not an expanding political union where sovereignty belongs to the EU Parliament not the nation state.
edit on 21-12-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Is that true?

Your friend is either misinformed or a traitor (if he/she is from the UK).

edit on 21/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Is that true?

Lies were told on both sides.
There was Project Fear telling us if we voted leave that the sky would fall in. It didn't.
Us Brits are not stupid.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Lies were told on both sides. There was Project Fear telling us if we voted leave that the sky would fall in. It didn't. Us Brits are not stupid.

Eh, just one thing. We haven't left yet... but plenty of companies have upped sticks and off already.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Eh, just one thing. We haven't left yet... but plenty of companies have upped sticks and off already

Have they ?
Which companies have left citing Brexit as the reason for them leaving ?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: oldcarpy

Lies were told on both sides. There was Project Fear telling us if we voted leave that the sky would fall in. It didn't. Us Brits are not stupid.

Eh, just one thing. We haven't left yet... but plenty of companies have upped sticks and off already.

There will be plenty of companies that leave, and plenty more who will set up here.
Change is definitely coming.
One thing is for sure we are leaving and there is no longer anything that those who tried to undermine democracy in this country can do about it.
So, you can focus on all the downsides of change if you like, that's up to you. Wallow in it and scream at the sky for all I care. Meanwhile, others will be working on making this country competitive globally.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Which companies have left citing Brexit as the reason for them leaving ? Just curious.

British Steel liquidated
Barclays moved to Ireland
Lloyds of London moved to Brussels
Dyson Moved headquarters to Singapore...no doubt a tax dodge on the UK.
Ford 1700 jobs gone in Bridgend
Jaguar Landrover cutting 4500 jobs the majority of which will fall in the UK
Panasonic moved it's headquarters from UK to Amsterdam
P&O shifted registration of it's UK vessels to Cyprus
Nissan has reversed plans to invest in new manufacturing capacity in the U.K., citing ‘continuing uncertainty’ around Brexit
EMA The European Medicines Agency has closed its doors in the UK with the loss of 900 jobs ahead of Brexit
All this and we ain't even left yet.
Shall I go on?

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Which companies have left citing Brexit as the reason for them leaving ? Just curious.

British Steel liquidated
Barclays moved to Ireland
Lloyds of London moved to Brussels
Dyson Moved headquarters to Singapore...no doubt a tax dodge on the UK.
Ford 1700 jobs gone in Bridgend
Jaguar Landrover cutting 4500 jobs the majority of which will fall in the UK
Panasonic moved it's headquarters from UK to Amsterdam
P&O shifted registration of it's UK vessels to Cyprus
Nissan has reversed plans to invest in new manufacturing capacity in the U.K., citing ‘continuing uncertainty’ around Brexit
EMA The European Medicines Agency has closed its doors in the UK with the loss of 900 jobs ahead of Brexit
All this and we ain't even left yet.
Shall I go on?

Employment is going up - it's actually higher now than at any time since the ONS reported - 1971. Since the Brexit vote it has gone up by 1.2%.
It hardly rose at all through the long period of EU membership.
That is BEFORE trade deals kick in with other countries, like the US, India and China.
Like I said, wallow all you like, but others will focus on Britain and our competitiveness around the globe, free of EU restrictions.

edit on 22/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Shall I go on?

Nope that's fine but without citation that their decisions are because of Brexit that list is no more than an assertion on your part , car companies worldwide are feeling the pinch and British Steel has been in trouble for years , Dyson's move is not because of Brexit.

Dyson, famed for its cordless vacuum cleaners, hand dryers and fans, now has its sights set on electric vehicles – particularly in Asia.

“An increasing majority of Dyson’s customers and all of our manufacturing operations are now in Asia; this shift has been occurring for some time and will quicken as Dyson brings its electrical vehicle to market,” it said in an earnings statement.

The Singapore move “is not related to Brexit”, chief executive Jim Rowan told reporters on a conference call, noting there was only a “negligible” tax benefit.

“We don’t see any issues regarding Brexit,” he said, adding that Dyson’s manufacturing capacity, as well as the majority of its supply base, is in south-east Asia.

“We are a global technology company,” Rowan insisted, adding that it would continue to invest in home market Britain.
www.thejournal.ie...

The EU is headed for recession and we're headed for the door , we will see next year who the chicken little's are.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join