It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit is a Mess, how do we Fix it.

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You filthy animals, is about the size of the matter.
edit on 23-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Merry Buckfast.
Up yer clunge!
🍷🍺🍸🍺🍺

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Ohhft, Bucky is a bit of stretch.

I'm more a half decent Merlot fan thesedays.

Merry Christmas.
edit on 25-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
well I'm hoping we get independence before the UK gets dragged into another #ing war int he middle east with our allies

Never again

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Surely there's no way the British public will allow us to be dragged into yet another unnecessary and unjust war?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

ahhahahahahahahahah

I know and you know , that its exactly what will happen

Massacre the young to make them hold their tongues

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
well I'm hoping we get independence before the UK gets dragged into another #ing war int he middle east with our allies

Never again

Okay, I am curious: What do mean by "being dragged into another f* war .. with our allies" and how will this be hindered by the Brexit?

Because the EU has never called for collective self-defence case. Did you mean the NATO? Will you break out of that one, too?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I said I wish for Scottish independence so that we "Scotland" don't get dragged into another war we didnt ask for
by the UK

If Scotland were independent we'd likely not be involved in any military Action our UK allies are

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I think the US may have to do it without the UK this time......I really can't see public opinion supporting any sort of military conflict with Iran.
Boris is stupid.....but I don't think he's quite THAT stupid!

Quite bizarrely I think both Israel and Saudi Arabia - the strangest of bedfellows - will be positively ecstatic over this.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Tweeting that the US would retaliate by striking Iranian cultural sites will make it very tricky for any western power to back that.
Would be a war crime ffs.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

so they openly admit that they would strike cultural sites, thats a war crime and violation of UN charter
are they really that stupid , after they chastised Iraq rebels and ISIS for destroying cultural sites .

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

If the UK backs this war then we are a lost nation of fools

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm beginning to think that this was yet another case where Trump spoke in his haste and maybe calmer heads around have convinced him that direct military confrontation is not the answer.

I've shed no tears over the demise of Soleimani but I don't think that the manner of his execution was the wisest either.

Regardless of Trump and/or Iran's next move one thing is certain; this country should not get involved in any way whatsoever.
We have enough on our plate trying to reunite our country and get it moving forward in a positive manner without getting involved in a foreign war in a foreign land that has absolutely nothing to do with us and is at best of questionable legitimacy and morality.

If Boris does involve us in any military confrontation we should give up all pretence of being an independent sovereign nation and upon leaving the EU we should apply for US statehood.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

will this not be a test of Boris , whether he sides with the US or stands firm and says we have our own work cut out for us ?

Will many who voted tory , side with him on this decision
or turn away from the tory party thinking , well why did we bother voting for sovereignty when we jump like a lap dog , when called to heel by the US .

Will this turn many against the government ?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You don't fix Brexit, you fix the government.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that was funny, huh? "Fix the government" just sounds silly.

But they are the reason this is a nightmare.

They held 185 votes and revotes, just to validate the initial votes.

Now, they are freaking out and convoluting everything, acting as they've never been a nation independent of the EU before and pretending like don't know what to do.

Want to "Fix Brexit"? ------------- leave the EU, and leave your inept government with them

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

hhahaha if only we could abandon our government , they are deeply entrenched in our society though
one of the oldest governments in the world

they have been at the people of Britain for a very long time
carrot in front and a whip in the hand .
Many have attempted to get rid of them for all the good it did.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Boris outright denied the scottish government a legal indy 2 ref

yet magically

Since the Scottish independence referendum the UK has had three national elections , thee different prime ministers , and a Brexit vote,.
Yet we aren't allowed another referendum as it would be considered undemocratic.

So the tories now look like dictators

you call this #in democracy

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Good news for those wanting to 'take back control of our borders'.

There will be a extra bonus border to control.

One between mainland UK and Northern Ireland.

www-independent-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org... ern-ireland-goods-a9283686.html?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15790713401786&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20% 251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk%2Fpolitics%2Fbrexit-deal-border-check-boris-johnson-uk-eu-barnier-northern-ireland-go ods-a9283686.html

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

should we just set our own border then hahahah

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

All recent opinion polls suggest support for IndyRef2 is somewhere between 40% and 50% of the Scottish electorate.

After the last referendum in 2014 Nicola Sturgeon clearly stated that there needed to be a significant rise in the support for independence to warrant a second referendum.
Clearly that criteria - set by Nicola Sturgeon herself - has not been met.

As an outsider looking in it seems to me that Nicola Sturgeon and The Nats are hell bent on concentrating solely on obtaining 'independence' for Scotland instead of meeting their commitments to the Scottish people and governing efficiently and effectively in Holyrood.

The very nature of The Nats is divisive and thus generates so much negativity....it must be so tiring and depressing.

Its time for some cheer.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join