It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Cruz just got a 9 point lead as opponent says ARs are bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

originally posted by: ridgerunner
a reply to: Gothmog And hogs also run in sounders(packs).10 or so hogs coming your way will make a AR feel pretty good in your hands.They don`t always run away.Besides all you mentioned, a AR in 6.5 Graendal will shoot thumbnail size groups and is one of the best deer guns around.I think I just convinced myself to build a upper in that,lol.

But wouldn't a 1022 plinking rifle or a Remington 7400 .30-06 be just as effective?

To me , nothing better than a good bow or my 10 gauge firing a 10 oz expanding tip slug.
Yet , a 5.56 round doesnt stop until the job is done

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not a gun obsessed American so perhaps I don't.

Are you saying I am ?
As that would be pure foolishness on your part again .

I use old fashioned recurve bows for the most part when hunting. Not even compound bows. Yet my recurves are all "tricked out"
I have several firearms . Yet none are classified as "military grade"
I just know that AR doesnt stand for assault rifle
Unlike some folks that comment whether or not they do...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

No problem.

You know back in the settler days farms were a lot smaller and they usually had some farm hands that a big part of their job was watching the fields days and nights to keep the crops from being destroyed. Now we have farms with hundred plus acres where a single family takes care of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I know , we have them over here but when they're hunted our hunters use standard riffles , more skillful hunters here I guess.

Explain the difference between a "standard" rifle and an AR-15 please.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Absolutely false actually.

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferso

thefederalistpapers.org...
edit on 19-9-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: 727Sky

Sounds like you should go work on Cruz's opponent's democratic campaign.

No thanks.

a reply to: Bluntone22

Civilians hands are exactly where they belong.
And an ar is not a weapon of war.
Bayonets are though.

I wonder if those who wrote the constitution had automatic weapons in mind when they drafted that amendment.
Bayonets are a weapon of last resort.

a reply to: ketsuko

You've never done much study on feral hogs have you? They're destructive and dangerous and an AR is one of the best weapons to hunt them with, and they *need* to be hunted.

I don't doubt they need to be hunted but if you need an AR to do it it makes me wonder how your forbears managed with just riffles.
Better hunters I guess.

Oh now I get it. Ignorance is the problem here. Automatic? Yea, my advice EDUCATE before you MASTICATE.

Oh how easily folks spew sewage and think it wit. He has a point and the best response is to throw big words back that you don't even understand.

SAD! Make NetworkDude Great Again!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com...

Incumbent Republican Ted Cruz has opened a 9-point lead in his high-profile U.S. Senate race against Democrat Beto O'Rourke, according to a poll released Tuesday.

With the margin of error it could be a high as a 13 point lead....

"Any poll that shows you that far behind is significant," said Republican political consultant Bill Miller. "It's pretty damaging for Beto O'Rourke if it's among likely voters. Likely voters are consistent voters that will show up in November."

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: network dude

Sounds like you should go work on Cruz's opponent's democratic campaign.

No thanks.

a reply to: Bluntone22

Civilians hands are exactly where they belong.
And an ar is not a weapon of war.
Bayonets are though.

I wonder if those who wrote the constitution had automatic weapons in mind when they drafted that amendment.
Bayonets are a weapon of last resort.

You've never done much study on feral hogs have you? They're destructive and dangerous and an AR is one of the best weapons to hunt them with, and they *need* to be hunted.

I don't doubt they need to be hunted but if you need an AR to do it it makes me wonder how your forbears managed with just riffles.
Better hunters I guess.

Oh now I get it. Ignorance is the problem here. Automatic? Yea, my advice EDUCATE before you MASTICATE.

Oh how easily folks spew sewage and think it wit. He has a point and the best response is to throw big words back that you don't even understand.

SAD! Make NetworkDude Great Again!

flapping your jaws.

but I sure don't need to hear your opinion, as your credibility is on par with Gateway Pundit. You tell lies.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
But isn’t Texas mostly a Trump supporting state?

Beto seems to be on the same page as Donald Trump.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Link

Or is that different because reasons...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
But isn’t Texas mostly a Trump supporting state?

Beto seems to be on the same page as Donald Trump.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

Link

Or is that different because reasons...

Every single person I know, came down on him for that statement. Including me. I would be highly surprised if you found anyone (serious) who supported that statement, and wasn't a liberal.

Everyone deserves due process, everyone with a brain on the left, right and center supports due process and found the statement... Well idiotic.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

An article on 10 best hog guns. Two of these are scary AR types with the one of those taking the top spot.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Lol, read it and weap. egbertowillies.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

From your own article:

Disregard the polls and work hard as hell to engage people with a message that speaks to them

That's exactly what you do when you tell Texans you want to take their guns! Lol.

And, of course, you post a poll with the embedded message to disregard polls.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why is Augmented Reality bad?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

Fine. I was wrong.

Gotta quote this, this is the one and only time I've ever seen Krazy actually admit to being wrong! This is ATS history in the making!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Guess he has never been on a pig hunt in Texas

Yeah , them Texan pigs are armed to the teeth no other option than to use an AR.

Weapons of war do not belong in the hands of civilians.

Yes they are. Big, mean, and hard to kill.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

Funny statement... Here's why...

The framers of the Constitution certainly knew what weapons of war were; They had cannons, bored and smooth bored muskets, mortars (early artillery), explosives, bombs, etc. etc. etc... And yet they did not exclude those from the second amendment...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So if according to their mindset, there was no exclusion to the mortar, the cannon etc. what makes one think they would exclude an automatic rifle ?

Of course, we'll ignore the fact an AR-15 is NOT an automatic weapon, for the sake of argument.

+1
Beat me to it

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

If not something stronger. Our ranch is overrun with feral hogs. They are, as you say destructive. They tear up fences, they tear up the land, and they attack. Dogs used to hunt feral hogs often wear armor due to the hog's sharp teeth, and those dogs often lose their lives tracking them down. Hogs attack humans all of the time, and they are ferocious. Higher calibers are often needed to bring them down quickly before they rush you.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I can’t wait for the debate tomorrow. Robert is going to get destroyed. Cruz is VERY experienced at this, especially after debating with someone, well, as impossible as Trump. Sorry, Robert. You only come close in online polls. Texans of all creed, except for the *resistance*, see you for what you are and you’re going to lose bigly. Changing your first name to play identity politics isn’t working nor do your signs employing people to vote straight ticket Democrat(who does something like that??). Anyways, Roberts 15 minutes will be done shortly and we can move on from his annoying “Beto” accent just for his first name and everything else typical white boy talk.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfzilla Yep,and for people saying the founding fathers couldn't imagine rapid fire repeaters,please google up the Puckle gun,they didn`t need to imagine,it was already there.And of course they faced Ferguson rifles in the field during the revolution.For men like Jefferson or Franklin,it was as obvious such arms would come to be as it is to us that laser weapons will be in use in a few years.

edit on 21-9-2018 by ridgerunner because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join