It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Cruz just got a 9 point lead as opponent says ARs are bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Looks like Cruz just got a 9 point lead as opponent says ARs are bad...There is a clip in the video so there is no question about what was said... I personally hope the video is correct about the 9 point lead.

Cruz's opponent came out and said AR rifles are made for one purpose and that is to to kill people.. Guess he has never been on a pig hunt in Texas.. But regardless he wants them outlawed and taken away... Probably not a smart move in Texas IMO. It is true Austin is trying to become a mini me of Califorina with the current crop of politicians but so far they have been held at bay.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Guess he has never been on a pig hunt in Texas

Yeah , them Texan pigs are armed to the teeth no other option than to use an AR.

Weapons of war do not belong in the hands of civilians.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Yeah , them Texan pigs are armed to the teeth no other option than to use an AR.

Sounds like you should go work on Cruz's opponent's democratic campaign. Like minds should help each other if you honestly believe that.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Civilians hands are exactly where they belong.
And an ar is not a weapon of war.
Bayonets are though.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Technically O'Rourke said it in February. Right Wing media decided to dig up the video again over the weekend.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You've never done much study on feral hogs have you? They're destructive and dangerous and an AR is one of the best weapons to hunt them with, and they *need* to be hunted.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I guess diverting all that money from purple states to bolster an election in an extremely dark red state is starting to pay off for the GOP. I'm sure the GOP is proud to support the supposedly anti-insider Ted Cruz that has long been a thorn in their governing.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Actually they are armed with teeth (tusks) that can be as dangerous as any "weapon of war"

An AR , which is sold to citizens , is not a "weapon of war"
Of course I knew you cannot understand...

One post stated you would fit in well with the Dem candidate in Texas
I say nay
You would fit in perfectly in Cali

FYI - AR is a stock market designation of the firearms manufacturer Armalite. Not a type of firearm

edit on 9/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I guess diverting all that money from purple states to bolster an election in an extremely dark red state is starting to pay off for the GOP. I'm sure the GOP is proud to support the supposedly anti-insider Ted Cruz that has long been a thorn in their governing.

I guess the candidate actually being honest about wanting to take away peoples guns had nothing to do with this?
I wish all the dems would be as honest as beto.
Good for beto and his transparancy!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Sounds like you should go work on Cruz's opponent's democratic campaign.

No thanks.

a reply to: Bluntone22

Civilians hands are exactly where they belong.
And an ar is not a weapon of war.
Bayonets are though.

I wonder if those who wrote the constitution had automatic weapons in mind when they drafted that amendment.
Bayonets are a weapon of last resort.

a reply to: ketsuko

You've never done much study on feral hogs have you? They're destructive and dangerous and an AR is one of the best weapons to hunt them with, and they *need* to be hunted.

I don't doubt they need to be hunted but if you need an AR to do it it makes me wonder how your forbears managed with just riffles.
Better hunters I guess.

edit on 19-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Honesty? Let's look at some dates. O'Rouke made his gun stance back at the beginning of the year. Here's The Federalist whining about it in March. Afterwards, in August, O'Rouke's polls hit single digits. A few days ago, the GOP diverted funds away from puprle states to Texas to support Cruz' suddenly in play election. Today the polling distance between the candidates jumped back up to 9 (still single digits though).

Now you can SAY the jump was cause of the gun bit, but I'd say it's more likely due to the infusion of cash he just got. It makes it easier to revive a months old campaign point like it was said recently. You don't appear to be aware of when it was said at least. Being totally honest here.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex A Brown Bess musket was and if needed,still is a weapon of war.A AR15 only shoots once per trigger pull same as a 1022 plinking rifle or a Remington 7400 .30-06.Also they are used in less than 01 % of crimes according to FBI stats.If it would do anything to stop crimes I could see tighter screening,but no criminal is going to obey a law.As crazy as the far left has become having a AR is a DAMN good precaution if you don`t want to get arrested and thrown in a concentration camp if they gain power.These nutcases on the far,far left hate conservatives as much or more than Hitler hated Jews.There is no reasoning or compromising with fanatics of any extreme.I miss the days when people could disagree but still find common ground.Hopefully someday moderates will return,but I won`t hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Honesty? Let's look at some dates. O'Rouke said made his gun stance back at the beginning of the year. Here's The Federalist whining about it in March. Afterwards, in August, O'Rouke's polls hit single digits. A few days ago, the GOP diverted funds away from puprle states to Texas to support Cruz' suddenly in play election. Today the polling distance between the candidates jumped back up to 9 (still single digits though).

Now you can SAY the jump was cause of the gun bit, but I'd say it's more likely due to the infusion of cash he just got. It makes it easier to revive a months old campaign point like it was said recently. You don't appear to be aware of when it was said at least. Being totally honest here.

lol
yeah i was aware of what he said and when he said it, everyone here was aware
i will be voting to determine that race
all beto had to do was keep his yap shut
i am glad for his transparancy because without it granpa munster was toast
you can attempt to blame it on whatever you like
the truth is people in texas wont abide anyone taking guns away, even the liberals here understand the need for the 2nd

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It's all gravy to me. Money diverted to a deep red state is a win in itself. That means much closer and more contested races don't get that money. Democrats never expected to win Texas anyways. O'Rourke's campaign being in play is just a happy circumstance that the Dems took advantage of. Oh and it gave Willie Nelson a candidate he can support. So that's cool too.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog And hogs also run in sounders(packs).10 or so hogs coming your way will make a AR feel pretty good in your hands.They don`t always run away.Besides all you mentioned, a AR in 6.5 Graendal will shoot thumbnail size groups and is one of the best deer guns around.I think I just convinced myself to build a upper in that,lol.

edit on 19-9-2018 by ridgerunner because: addition

link   
a reply to: gortex

It's not a weapon of war and only someone of complete ignorance would suggest it is.

link   
Ahhyes

Our candidate in Texas where an Irishman is trying to pass himself off as Latin heritage and for him, and because he's left cultural apporpriation is ok!

I hope ted wins I do, there's a lot of Texas that is blue though

If you look through KVUE Austin news... They have almost exclusively run beto stuff and bashed Cruz. That local news team is seriously as bad as CNN anyone interested should check it out...

But its not alone, places like Houston and Dallas have news companies just as extreme biased and unchecked....

I can't count the times in the last two years I've fact checked their left leaning only to find out its either false or a flat out propaganda...

I would expect that from fox, CNN, NBC. But local news stations. At the level they are doing it now is disgusting,...........
edit on 9/19/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's all gravy to me. Money diverted to a deep red state is a win in itself. That means much closer and more contested races don't get that money. Democrats never expected to win Texas anyways. O'Rourke's campaign being in play is just a happy circumstance that the Dems took advantage of. Oh and it gave Willie Nelson a candidate he can support. So that's cool too.

oh its cool as a cucumber
anytime actual issues and stances on such are publicized it seems the blue wave dissipates
but its all gravy to you right....
yay transparency we need more of it

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

What are you talking about? Even the Cruz race is still in play. Reuters has the race at +2 for Rourke.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
iv yet to hear the ones wanting to ban guns include the real bad # from wars to be baned

wheres the calls to ban herbacide??? has been used as a weapon of mass destruction horride effects one nasty chemical all fine

if s&w worked like monsanto we would be told how gunshots are 95% survivable and only in rare cases fatal

keep leting the govt tell you what to be outraged about

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join