It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday Russia Attacked US Base in Tanf, Syria; Today Latakia is on Fire By Missiles From Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh I have no doubt your sources are quite accurate as far as the Russian military is concerned.

I'll be clear, I'm not saying none of this happened. Everyone knows the west is just as willing to instigate or be aggressive.

I'm just going to wait for everything to come out from multiple sources and read between the lines of every narrative brought forward.

I'm not willing to say the state run RT is always accurate just as many aren't.

We're not getting the full story yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I was going for his analysis of the event. Independent analysis and investigations. I understand that if they don't involve US political theater produced by the GEC, you may not be aware of what operations are monitoring which theaters. All my sources are listed. I literally just wanted to hear what Steve is learning. Its clear he and I are frequently monitoring these events as they break. So do many many others.

As far as being at war with Russia, you can read my thesis on that here.

TPTB give us truth the way we read bedtime stories to our kids. That is why a critical thinker would actually read between the lines and observe actions and their consequences. Remember that St. Petersburg subway metro blast? John Kirby threatening that terrorists will attack Russian cities?? And then tit for tat, the ESA in New York is hijacked with a cryptic message about trains, and hours or a day later, the Hoboken train derailment. etc.. etc.. I even poked fun at that very concept then. tit for tat baby. tit for tat.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Oh yea, I remember when Obamas Press Secretary threatened Russian cities last year in September. Both sides have experienced explosions, interruptions, fires, and hacking on infrastructure since. In fact, I have alluded that this was the case some time now. Tit for tat. Perhaps the recent Dallas Sirens hacking which occurred hours after ShadowBrokers dumped the key to the NSA spy tool and the day following the tomahawks strike on Syria airbase, was also related?? Just to show "how bad do you want it to get, your people panic quite easily" or some #. After the threat, literally the day later, there was a hacking of an EMS with a cryptic message of a train hours before the hoboken NJ train derailment occurred. I am proud of myself, I really do have my third eye open!

State Department Issues Vielded Threat on Russian Cities
“Extremist groups will continue to exploit the vacuums that are there in Syria to expand their operations, which could include attacks against Russian interests, perhaps even Russian cities. Russia will continue to send troops home in body bags, and will continue to lose resources, perhaps even aircraft,” #John Kirby, the State Department's spokesperson, told reporters at Wednesday's press briefing.

All sides involved in Syria are experiencing freak accidents, explosions and failures on key infrastructure . Spectacular explosions and fires in many cases. If the "foreign fighters, intelligence assets, imported volunteer psychos, terrorists, and/or rebels" under the influence of Western orders, and the west just publicly, unapologetic, alluded that they may attack Russian cities and down aircraft... well folks, all I can infer from that is that this is an unofficial declaration of war on Russia and is exactly how they are likely interpreting it as. Be alert for this weekend on a more official line coming in to play. Check the buried pages, this won't be headline. The establishment is not going to translate to the citizenry what they just said in an open manner.

We have just been warned. The countdown is now ticking...

I do have a good memory you know.

edit on 9-17-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Take this for what it's worth.

A Russian maritime patrol aircraft with multiple personnel on board was inadvertently shot down by Syrian regime anti-aircraft artillery on Monday after the Syrians came under attack by Israeli missiles, according to a US official with knowledge of the incident

CNN

The US found out about the incident because Syrian forces broadcast an emergency search and rescue radio call on an international frequency. The US then got a direct message from another country about the type of aircraft and circumstances of the incident. The official would not identify that country, but it is likely that Russia is the only nation that would know exactly what type of aircraft was shot down.

I'll still wait for more.
edit on 17-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
stupid Syrians, shooting down their own friends. Well now you have the other side of it. So somewhere in the middle, we have truth. That middle being, all the social media posts from actual citizen observers with their images and video which I have been posting for the last hour or two.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I remember that time period, crazy stuff.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What time was it announced the witness accounts and FISA details were going to come out?

I've had an eye on things today, I didn't hear anything till the evening that these would be released.

Everyone has their attention caught and are reading redacted information that to my knowledge hasn't had anything crazy in it.

Mean while an offensive is brought in Syria hours ago, oldest reports looking like 5-6 hours ago. That is weird considering Russia has been putting the "false flag chemical attacks" the past week or so.
edit on 17-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Like I said in the other thread you have replied in/www.abovetopsecret.com..."I bet 3 weeks before the SHTF and that was 10n days ago or Sept. 7th

I am just glad it is not the fake chemical attack ..with all the accusations from both sides claiming it is coming, maybe they have backed off ?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Can someone remind me why we are risking the lives of US servicemen in Syria? Is Syria a threat to the US?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
It is a threat now. Now that it's all in motion, let's make sure to discuss how we can succeed. There are hundreds of NATO jets within striking distance to the Russians naval fleet in. This realization will minimize the blowback of this recent strike to the area of operation. If it really came to it, we still have some loyalty in Egypt air Force.

I'ma thinking the Russian assault on tanf will Continue and they may lose more planes trying sneaky stuff down there.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

"Best way avoid punch, no be there." - Mr. Miyagi

It could also be said that the Russian fleet is in striking distance of hundreds of NATO jets. But then, both countries are in striking distance of each others ICBMs. Syria isn't attacking any other country, let alone the US. If Egypt or any other country wants to get involved in Syria, that's their choice and their problem. US servicemen signed up to defend the United States, not fight in some other country's civil war.

This whole Syria situation sounds more like a UN problem than a US problem. I say let's get our people out and give the UN a chance to do their job.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I know you have a kind of a neocon POV but I think you've gone over the top this time. That's not to say your scenario can't happen but it hasn't yet.

This Russian attack vid by Global 7 News Live! (Worldwide False Flag News Network) seems a bit sensationalist. Not even the usual suspects in the MSM are reporting this so far.

We know Israel wants the US to sweep the Iranians out of Syria. They've even been doing their own bombing for over a month now. Maybe they are trying to provoke some Russian crisis to draw us in.

The US wants to help but not to war with Russia. I think the US really wants out of Syria. So we continue in the proxy sort of way. Al Qaeda/ISIS/Islamic State/now called Syrian rebels are now protected by the US. (Last I heard about that gas attack false flag is that it is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday this week.) We just conducted live fire drills with the marines and rebels Reute rs. US plan is to use ISIS/rebels against the Iranians.

The stage is set for something that could happen this week or maybe never in which case we can expect a drawn out affair as ISIS/rebels fight Iran in Syria. We already have a base on the main highway used to transport supplies and weapons from Iran to Syria and Lebanon. I don't think Russia wants to fight Israel but they do need to try out all these great new weapons and missiles so, who knows? Israel might have a problem if it messes with Russia too much.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Just to highlight a point on this thread, what was reported by RT at the time of this attack is pretty much solid, which is more than Western media outlets in regards to their military actions during incidents like this (perhaps it's because they don't like to show themselves pissing away tax payer money, or maybe because they know that they shouldn't even be there in the first place), so kudos once again to RT

As for the incident itself, I'm getting the impression that Russia seem to think it was a deliberate action by Israel that led to the downing of their plane.

The Russian military says an Israeli raid on Syria triggered a chain of events that led to its Il-20 plane being shot down by a Syrian S-200 surface-to-air missile. Moscow reserves the right to respond accordingly.

www.rt.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I like RT as a source also. Of course you need to evaluate every story on a case by case basis as with any other story from anywhere. The reason I don't cite them on ATS anymore is because I receive so much pushback here that one or two pages of insults and nitpicking usually derails the thread completely. So I read RT but then look for corroboration elsewhere and then cite that instead.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I like RT as a source also. Of course you need to evaluate every story on a case by case basis as with any other story from anywhere. The reason I don't cite them on ATS anymore is because I receive so much pushback here that one or two pages of insults and nitpicking usually derails the thread completely. So I read RT but then look for corroboration elsewhere and then cite that instead.

Of course, it's the easiest thing for critics to do, without actually reading the articles, to those who read the articles the standard of journalism from RT is excellent and generally reliable

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54
yup. In any case everything about this operation has been disclosed now. If anything new develops over Latakia in general I may update this thread, but for now this map of the area is all thats left to post.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Is this legit...oh s___

Blame Israel and the US. Their meddling where they have no right or use

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry Can we just take off the gloves now and go at it for real and legit? All this pretending we are not actually fighting and producing Trump soap operas on TV to keep the lemmings distracted is starting to get boring.

You want flashes in the sky worldwide so you aren't 'bored'?

Some of us have people we care about. You obviously don't.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: notsure1
there is no going to war with Russia. We already have been, for many years now.
Lets see Steve's analysis.

Very big difference between proxy wars and US/Russians going toe to toe.

If you don't understand why, I'm not going to explain it.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
But- Russia is our *friend*! We kiss 'em, and schmooze 'em, and they fly our astronauts to the ISS, and blame us when one of their idiot workers poke a hole in a ship, and...

Yeah, but Russian politicians and super rich also have shares in the military complex just like the US and other super-rich and politicians world wide.

What good would money be if they both fought out their differences on their own soil?. Instead, they choose to settle their differences in a country far far away from them and their children. Cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join