It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Or maybe they were hoping to avoid that kind of storm.

One letter this time, but all it takes is for an activist to get offended and you have a national story.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Or maybe they were hoping to avoid that kind of storm.

One letter this time, but all it takes is for an activist to get offended and you have a national story.

yeah i know

first they came for my gunz. then my breakfast cereal slogan

thanks for not answering the question btw.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Companies need to stop collapsing to the whim of every little snowflake out there.
There are only male and female genders, you may not like everything and everyone in the world. Some people will actually hurt you (or worse) not just want to shot back and forth. Its NO ONES job to take care of you and give you everything you want (or even, need) I could go on, but it will change nothing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

you see a company collapsing.
i see a positive change

do you all realize that change happens. it always has and always will

i think the only difference is people have the internet so they can bitch about it to everyone

hahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The packaging ought to say it is approved by the government. If thinking parentals read the ingredients and could comprehend what they were being told, they would call a hazmat team to dispose of those toxic crunchies.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Say, Whats the big Idea??

When I was 10, I wrote to them too.

" Dear Mr. Cereal Man......What's the big idea, Why did you give Pops his own special chocolate cereal!!

Us kids like Coco's Too!! I knows Pops likes them a lot, but what about all the Nana's and Gramps and Grammies.

Some folks don't have their Pops or Grammies living with them, so they may not want a cereal just for Pops!!

So how about a Coco cereal just for us kids.....call it Coco Kids or something.....why does Pops have all the fun."

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Also why isn't it printed in 500 different languages? That's hurtful to non-English speakers.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Get a grip, this is what you said

You literally turn everything into a right/left issue.

Except the poster you replied too, wasn't the one to make it a right/left issue..the OP did, right out of the gate.(to his credit, removed the reference)
Anyway, the whole thing is silly..who the f cares!
edit on 13-9-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I want Dickies work pants changed to Choicies

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
A 10 year old forced a corporation to do anything? LOL

I agree political correctness and the ensuing madness is stupid. But maybe they just so the reasoning behind the request this time. Not a huge deal.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's not just infantile people who want to make the rules for all.
We have actual infants making rules for us too.
Are we going to have a playdate?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It's not just infantile people who want to make the rules for all.
We have actual infants making rules for us too.
Are we going to have a playdate?

You know how it is with the left -- children are wise beyond their years now. Once you grow beyond 10, you start to suffer irreparable mental decline and get stupid. That's why kids can decide all the really important things like their gender for example and we must not question them. And that's why it's a crime to not let them vote. And that's why this one little girl can get offended on behalf of others and no one must question her motives or even that she had this original thought on her own and the corporate world must immediately bow to her superior intellectual skills.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's soft sexism, sure,

Enough said.
Panties in a twist assertions are just silly distractions. Do you support soft sexism or not?

Obviously since I implied folks need to get their lacies out of their real or proverbial vaginas, I don't give a rat's ass about perceived sexism either way. Duh.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
practically it was incorrect anyway. you cant buy stuff at home without dad's approval with his money.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The big bad right scared of a little girl asking for change, makes me laugh all the time.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Kelloggs will possibly receive letters from married couples who can't have children complaining that it makes them feel depressed when they read the slogan 'approved by parents' 'loved by children' or whatever the slogan is.. I've forgotten.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

It's soft sexism, sure,

Enough said.
Panties in a twist assertions are just silly distractions. Do you support soft sexism or not?

Obviously since I implied folks need to get their lacies out of their real or proverbial vaginas, I don't give a rat's ass about perceived sexism either way. Duh.

Okay just checking, my gosh you seem grumpy today though

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
now that is CLAIMED to be " approved by parents "

the back lash is inevitable

the parents who dont approve of kellogs cereals for vvarious reasons - will go into melt down

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I approve of them and I dont have kids !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I approve of them and I dont have kids !

You approve of 'coco pops'?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join