It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Time to stop this madness before it's too late or is it too late already? The loonies have been getting into childrens heads and changing their mindset... this is verging on the same level as 'mind control'. This 10 year old girl has managed to get kellogg's to change their slogan on a cereal box of 'coco-pops' because she said it was sexist to read the slogan 'approved by mums', she wanted it changed to 'approved by parents' as her dad made her breakfast sometimes and she said 'there are children out there who don't have mum's and they may get upset' but wouldn't they still get upset reading the slogan 'loved by parents'? What about the children who have neither? Won't they get upset? What about couples who can't have children? I think this girl hasn't thought it through well enough.

'Control their minds... control their future' should be a slogan on something..

And this is the next generation coming... this is what's being taught to children in schools and by parents.

She thought it was unfair because 'dads can make breakfast too' and it might be 'upsetting for people who don't have a mum'. So when her parents Anne-Marie, 48 and James, 47, told her to write and complain - that's exactly what she did. Her letter to the cereal giant was so convincing that Coco Pops boxes will now read 'Approved by parents' and be on the shelves in the near future.

www.dailymail.co.uk... annel=rss&login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field
edit on CDTThu, 13 Sep 2018 11:39:18 -05000000003011x118x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: deleting a word

edit on CDTThu, 13 Sep 2018 11:54:30 -05000000003011x130x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
That's just kookoo.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
She isn’t wrong, it’s a none issue to me I don’t care either way, it just makes sense from a marketing prospective to change it.

Also their political ideology isn’t stated nor do I think it’s pertinent to the issue.

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

edit on 13-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well that confirms it. We’re in the end times.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well on her way to becoming damaged goods and a sjw.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Seriously, screw all you people with the "lefties" bull#. That's all you barely intelligent people can come up with these days. You literally turn everything into a left/right issue. That says more about you than this kid. I must be missing in this article where it states the parents are "lefties". Oh, right, it's not there. You're just making # up, like most of you "righties" do.

Incidentally, this "leftie" thinks this whole thing is stupid, but I wouldn't want to mess up your idiotic political narrative, now would I?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Sensitivity training should be barred from the classroom until at least the first year of high school . Children are far too impressionable under that age . At least in ninth grade some are able to think for theirself .

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, not for nothin, your in the minority. 10 year olds needn't be used by parents to distribute vitriol and intimidation via the parents sjw stands

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is madness.

They changed their slogan.
Omg. How will we continue on

Here is some news for you. Things change. Companies change slogans and logos and color schemes.

Why does it bother you so much?

Is it a bad thing they changed it?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Lets just face it... One night, as we lay in bed, life popped up with an "Update available. Press NO to abort, or just lay there resting, to accept."

and we just lay there. Because "I need to go to the toilet, just not quite yet." is the most pressing argument we have to lay still, until we capitulate.

All the good things we once knew, where they were, what they did, were suddenly changed. Now having a laugh involves many more components, and if you didn't change the defaults, you were lost wondering where they all went. Somewhere in your life, is a folder full of them, but no one will ever see them, because they are purged every 2 weeks. And god forbid you try to create a folder anywhere but within your old system. Insufficient permissions abound...

My advice is? Turn off automatic updates, avoid the newest iterations of life, and certainly always use 64bit applications where you can.. Or the version applicable to how many bits you have. I ran an 8 bit application for years. I had no idea that "Life event terminated unexpectedly" was not how it was supposed to run..

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

"You're"
You're welcome

...on topic, she's right, why the # should mum be the approval decider?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Love the headlines too

She forced them

Then it says she wrote a letter and it convinced them to change it.

Where is the force?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Coco Puffs have been around for as long as I remember. That's back in the days where Mum was a housewife. Good days for a kid. It's about time they got with the times. Many men are homemakers now. They probably got this and thought, "Hmm, good idea." Nothing about politics. Just good marketing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Plotus

"You're"
You're welcome

...on topic, she's right, why the # should mum be the approval decider?

I hate the word nazi.

But I love soup.

Therefore, I'm going to consider you my Grammar Soup.

Chunky, and best server warm.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Coco Puffs have been around for as long as I remember. That's back in the days where Mum was a housewife. Good days for a kid. It's about time they got with the times. Many men are homemakers now. They probably got this and thought, "Hmm, good idea." Nothing about politics. Just good marketing.

Stop with your sound logic.

She forced them. I mean she wrote a letter.
She really backed that million dollar company in a corner with that letter.
If that's not force I don't know what is.

Why do people hate change you think?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

I like soup, but grammatically incorrect word soup is not my favourite.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Pops wouldn't be making her breakfast if mums hadn't approved of it.

Clearly, she's too young to know how it works and shouldn't be involved in decisions like this.

Should be a real winner in ten years, failing to enter the work force.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
She should be ashamed of herself for eating coco pops. Some kids cant afford name brand cereals.
Damn elitist.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Gee! Are you smarted than a 10 year old?

This observation and fix was a no brainer.

Oh noes! This little girl might get the indea that the pen is mighty and her voice can invoke change! We are indeed in end times now!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Really? What's your thoughts on Froot Loops?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join