It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
Seriously, screw all you people with the "lefties" bull#. That's all you barely intelligent people can come up with these days. You literally turn everything into a left/right issue. That says more about you than this kid. I must be missing in this article where it states the parents are "lefties". Oh, right, it's not there. You're just making # up, like most of you "righties" do.

Incidentally, this "leftie" thinks this whole thing is stupid, but I wouldn't want to mess up your idiotic political narrative, now would I?
Up till your post no one used that term, they said "mind controlled" and sjw. Although this particular instance does come directly out of left field "identity politics ". It is what it is. The cereal box doesn't have to say parents any more than it has to use ze and zer made up pronouns. But money talks and pressure and money combined affects the bottom line. The market gives people what they want. But the deeper significance here is this is probably what the child has been exposed to in society.
edit on 14-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Lol I can't comment on parenting responsibility, I got # in the school playground from other parents pissed off their son's were jealous because I took mine cliff jumping in the sea when he was 8 or whatever.

I knew he'd do it anyway when he was a teenager so at least teach him safety when young so he ain't the one getting his spine broken.
He's early twenties now and still jumps so I reckon I made the right call.

The parents in the OP were empowering the child in my opinion...she could be a campaigner or activist of the future so good luck to her I say.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Because parents are scared. Scared of the world we live in and the people around them... they don't want anyone else indoctrinating their kids...that's their job.

A2D

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

no of course
)) we will make them own coco pops and get the whatever campaign they want going. thus spoke mom.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree
Of course indoctrination is the parents job. Religious people do it all the time...get em young as they say.
I taught my son to be a free thinker, to question everything and everyone, including me.
That was my style of indoctrination. Life skills.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

It's a good thing my parents were never around to teach me anything. The benefits of a broken home is having to learn for yourself I guess.

A2D

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

ahhh right I should have realised , it would be a healthy breakfast no sugar for the kids lets not get them addicted at an early age !

You will make a good mom!

lets get our imaginary children to write a manifesto on why kids shouldn't eat junk food cereal for breakfast

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Of course indoctrination is the parents job. Religious people do it all the time...get em young as they say.
I taught my son to be a free thinker, to question everything and everyone, including me.
That was my style of indoctrination. Life skills.

Not do as I say? You must be a leftie.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I ran away from home aged 16, working and living independently, I get ya.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I thought cereal was child abuse.

Make me some bacon and eggs ya lazy #.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

well action through inaction , they kind of taught you to fend for yourself by their not being there to teach

nice gift that ! self reliance
I guess you could be thankful for that

My parents were an equal set of , let him learn those on his own , and I will teach him these
so it was a mixture of letting me figure things out and things which obviously need teaching !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

what? what manifesto??they are making money out of that business.
we are getting closer to divorce. i am sorry i married a dumb one like you.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Lol yes!
My parent tagline was 'Don't kick off, if you disagree then explain why and we'll discuss it' and my lad is great at debating his case as a young adult now.
I never wanted a drone clone, and I'm pleased to say I didn't get one.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think there has been a misunderstanding , but communication is a part of our relationship!

I meant we can get our imaginary kids to write a manifesto on why children shouldn't eat junk food cereal !
because its bad for your health !

You like yoga and bananas but are ok with kids eating junk food cereal with loads of sugar in it ?
I thought you'd be against that

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

oh bacon and eggs , some kids think thats animal abuse !

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

silly..our kids owned the company eventually! it is their business. they didnt eat them surely when kids because it is abuse on mom if she hasnt the pleasure of cooking for them.
It is totally other moms' problem what their kids eat.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

ahhhhh right of course ! I should have known our children better!
I was too busy focusing on the mom rather than the development of our imaginary kids !

hahahaha

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's called progress and growth.

I'm your dad's day they could go to the park and shoot bows.
I'm your dad's dad's dad's day the kids could go to war when they were 14.
Not like that now.

Things change. It's called progress and you can't stop it as much as all the babies in this thread would like to.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

of course you d focus mom. she is your only business.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You pair need to get a room lol

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join