It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i would think the only real event that would cause this is a radioactive or biological issue. but then if so, there should be better security in place.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Plzbetrue

I couldn't tell you much about secure forms of instant communication..you can always scrub your info from your mobile and start fresh with a browser that hides your I.P etc...although again I dont know much about it, I'm not hiding behind any firewalls.

Although I am not taking things lightly either. Trust your instincts, if you feel like it's a bad idea, then don't go. No one is asking you to put yourself in trouble, I think we are making good progress here just not as quick as everyone would like.

Yeah there’s been several locals chimming in if you’re 15 hours away I say hold off on making the trip unless the curiously is killing you right now everything is in a holding pattern if there was more overt activity I think the locals would let us know. No sense in wasting all the fuel and time if this is just some stupid ish...

link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Have been watching SOHO website for years and am seeing something I have never seen - The right side of the CURRENT images is "Cropped"

Very strange indeed ... be vigilant !

SOHO Website

Okay now this is becoming really strange.....

Not seeing it you grab a picture?

link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

The thing to keep in mind too is that we could have already missed what happened. Maybe it was something that already occurred, we are some time now from the initial evacuation.

The question does remain why haven't they been given the "green light" to go back..

link   
Anyone wanna try to give a synopsis of events?

LOLOLOLOL

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Have been watching SOHO website for years and am seeing something I have never seen - The right side of the CURRENT images is "Cropped"

Very strange indeed ... be vigilant !

SOHO Website

Okay now this is becoming really strange.....

Not seeing it you grab a picture?

Damn I accidentally closed the tab >< I should have gotten a screen grab but the pictures were all cut off at the right side of the sun onthe top two rows...
edit on 9/12/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Working on it...although it's far from over too. I'm going to make the rounds again, talk to more people and see if anything has changed or if it's a matter of looking back on something that was maybe missed.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now the SOHO website is showing pictures centtered again - no right side cropping as I posted on page 40

Really strange

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Anyone wanna try to give a synopsis of events?

LOLOLOLOL

The situation is still FUBAR’ed in the info department....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Okay a thought anyone know about any drills in the Southwest? Maybe this is just a crazy drill for a crisis or something.... might could explain all the ish that doesn’t seem right but I still don’t know....

ETA- Another thought a wylie German aviator tried mailing some piece of sensitive gear before leaving with rest of the squadron?
edit on 9/12/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Observatory probably saw this coming.....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Synopsis of info is... Something happened at Sunspot observatory in NM. Lol that's about the extent of what we can safely say. "Something" caused them to initially release a statement claiming an unexpected "security" event causing closing and evacuation. Allegedly employees and some living nearby (including post office which is within the conpound) were given 15 minutes to evacuate and have not been allowed to return based on current info- not even to check on/rescue any pets that may have been left behind. Initial sightings from a few sources say FBI and at least one blackhawk helicopter were involved in the unexpected evacuation, there were also reports of people "climbing on towers". The local sheriff's dept was asked to respond to initial event of a "security threat", however once he and men arrived they observed nothing and no one would communicate what the threat was or whom/what they were supposed to protect so they left. Subsequent reports have alleged that the area is now completely empty like a "ghost town" even though no one has been allowed to return, the area also appears to not be very well secured as only a stop sign and crime tape appear to be blocking the entrance. No other information, to my knowledge, has been released thus far from any official source nor has any timeframe been given as to when info may come or when residents/employees may be allowed to return.

Speculation has ranged from terrorism, hidden spy cell(s), something to do with the mercury on sight, aliens, unusual activity with the sun ranging from something behind sun/physical objects around sun/deathrays from sun/etc, closing observatory due to lack of funding, proximity to other govt facilities and possibly overseeing something they werent supposed to... And a few others..

I may have left out something, but i believe that's the jist of it... As i said basically "something" has happened, and an information blackout as followed. It sure is interesting/bizarre/suspicious to say the least. Perfect fodder for our ATS bunch lol
edit on 533005302pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: More info

edit on 543015302pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: Spelling- fat fingers, tiny phone...

edit on 573001302pm30America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: ..soy cells

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I agree 100% with you. Some things are better left alone and be patient to see if anything else develops. Perhaps instead of him going to the center of activity he can hang around at the nearest town and see if anything happens or hears anything? I'm sure if anything lands he will have front row view of it

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Observatory probably saw this coming.....

Then they tell the personal to gtfo and go home to be with your families.

It has been fun and let's hope the life boat trick works.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

That's good advice. I'd think it's a given that the FBI is monitoring this thread by now. Half the internet is.

Dear FBI:

We're ALL on to you. Drop the nonsense and OUT WITH IT!

Love the rest of us.

PS- I need a raise.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

No kidding that's what I'm being very careful about what I post on here, everyone is watching and I've been posting a lot. I see once again people making reference to me on other sites looking into this. It's all a bit uncomfortable really.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I know one thing if it does hit the fan I’ve 8k gallons of gasoline behind me so if I can make it home I won’t be wanting for fuel at least.

That being said if I can’t make it home I have a nice mobile ready made Viking funeral on wheels, gotta look on the bright side!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: wylekat

No kidding that's what I'm being very careful about what I post on here, everyone is watching and I've been posting a lot. I see once again people making reference to me on other sites looking into this. It's all a bit uncomfortable really.

Meh they know who I am and nothing I try to do will change that so I just let it hang out there if they want to come have a nice talk with me they’re more than welcome. No shame in my game plus if they want you gone you’re going to be gone no matter what so why go through all the secret squirrel crap, nothing is keeping them from shutting any of us up aside for us being unworthy of the effort.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: zenartist

Well this just makes things even more suspicious, giving he's an amazing disinfo agent and not covering this.

Seems like a really above top secret matter at this point.

Or maybe he's too busy taking pills.

Probably told not to. Be interesting to see what he *is* 'covering'.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Look on the bright side brother.

I've got nothing to worry about, I'm a literal nobody as far as anyone is concerned.

ETA I only omit the names of sources unless it's absolutely necessary and even then I try to make sure its something that cant easily be traced back to the person.

Think about it, you put trust in me to tell people your info and also not to burn you or have you harassed by people, that's a responsibility I take seriously.

Also not saying I'm great at it, but i do take it seriously.
edit on 12-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join