It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobertSheaffer
a reply to: olaru12

"I just got a call back from the Cloudcroft radio station and the entire facility is being moved to AZ and Calif. Staff has already moved.

Is it true? idk.."

I talked to a couple of astronomers, it's common knowledge among them that the Sunspot solar observatory is being closed down. I don't know the planned schedule.

Perhaps some disgruntled person was angry about losing his job, and did something dangerous?

That is what i summarized back on page 8 or so.

Place closed down. Workers moved. They needed to transport classified equipment/aliens so they shut things down in order to get a clear path out. It happened the same day the workers were working on the arrays either disabling them or dismantling some parts. Post office is gov. owned so no authorization needed for closure and the po closure may very well be permanent.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What’s up with the pets roaming around? And also what is going on with reddit? Banning left and right? Too many things to keep up with lol.

I’m stubborn and gonna go. I’ll play it safe and try to talk to locals. Hopefully I’ll find some crazy # and come back with god like powers. I watch too much anime.

Russia is throwing in conspiracies too, like we attacked the ISS lol. You can still watch them live, they’re just chillin

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
"If youre interested in further phone calls, perhaps a call to apache point observatory might turn up a lead. That observatory is a mile away and is said to be line of sight from sunspot."

Yes. And I understand that they use a very powerful guiding laser at Apache Point Observatory. Maybe somebody was misusing that??

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A webcam facing north-east in Timberon, NM 16 miles south of Sunspot has been frozen as of 9/11/18 15:59. Panoramic view may include Sunspot as its seems elevated to tree-top level. Almost for long-range fire-spotting. My 2ç.
www.timberon.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I did not read it here but another report was Chinese had accessed the antenna array and were using it to observe the White Sands Range.
edit on 12-9-2018 by KeithSansom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

"If youre interested in further phone calls, perhaps a call to apache point observatory might turn up a lead. That observatory is a mile away and is said to be line of sight from sunspot."

Yes. And I understand that they use a very powerful guiding laser at Apache Point Observatory. Maybe somebody was misusing that??

I kind of doubt one person could pull off that kind of stunt without being noticed in a hurry, but an interesting theory. Isn’t starfish range out that way? I seem to remember it from the Bennewitz affair...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here’s what I’ve been following since last week. It updates too. Its like a back door or something.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

"I just got a call back from the Cloudcroft radio station and the entire facility is being moved to AZ and Calif. Staff has already moved.

Is it true? idk.."

I talked to a couple of astronomers, it's common knowledge among them that the Sunspot solar observatory is being closed down. I don't know the planned schedule.

Perhaps some disgruntled person was angry about losing his job, and did something dangerous?

There is some confusion as to that.
Indeed the "national solar observation station" in sunspot NM is no more. That is moving to hawaii to a brand new scope under construction.

The Dunn solar telescope they used until Oct 2017 remains in sunspot NM, and is now crewed by new Mexico state university people. And being ran by AURA, which is a consortium of universities.

The facility is still owned by the national science foundation, but being ran by university people.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Plzbetrue

Can you actually make sense of that stuff ? I dont know exactly what that is..

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Feel free to private message any of us here, there may be points in time that publicly sharing your where abouts would be unwise.

Also, I really wouldn't recommend crossing the barricade, stopping by for a look see is one thing, trespassing on federal property during an active investigation is quite another.

However you roll, good luck to you, and I hope it goes well and safe for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It showed approved funding through 2019.

link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Feel free to private message any of us here, there may be points in time that publicly sharing your where abouts would be unwise.

Also, I really wouldn't recommend crossing the barricade, stopping by for a look see is one thing, trespassing on federal property during an active investigation is quite another.

However you roll, good luck to you, and I hope it goes well and safe for you.

I concur, sage advice and feel free to PM me.

link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

It showed approved funding through 2019.

Well sheezus just when I thought maybe there was a handle on things lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Thanks guys, this is very out of my character, so I’m gonna walking around with no clue what I’m doing lol

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I just took another look at those webcams posted earlier, they are still offline and spaceweather.eu is still down.

Other space weather websites are running, most are displaying that there will be what appears to be higher than average solar activity but nothing earth shattering.

I did find this interesting clip though from an observatory in NM, heres the link: www.allskycam.com...

What's the red thing shooting off from the earth's surface? Left side of the image.
edit on 12-9-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
Here’s what I’ve been following since last week. It updates too. Its like a back door or something.

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Just go to spaceweather.com, follow the links to SDO or STEREO. You can get a much more manageable way to browse the images.
SOHO is down for maintenance, SDO is fine. As is STEREO A.

PS... If you make the drive all the way out here, PM me. I've got 4wd and know the area. I'm not crossing any baricades but we can damn sure load a cooler and drive all over that ridge. There are many trails and roads up there besides the actual road into sunspot. I'm already planning my Sat doing just that.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plzbetrue
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Thanks guys, this is very out of my character, so I’m gonna walking around with no clue what I’m doing lol

Just play it cool, if you have a dog bring it along makes for an easy conversation starter and makes you look like average joe with a purpose if they ask where your from just tell them that you’re visiting and hoping to visit the space museum there but came down to find the area cordoned off and ask if they know what’s going on. Pretty low key and risk and you’ll be fine don’t feel obligated to go on our account.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I just took another look at those webcams posted earlier, they are still offline and spaceweather.eu is still down.

Other space weather websites are running, most are displaying that there will be what appears to be higher than average solar activity but nothing earth shattering.

I did find this interesting clip though from an observatory in NM, heres the link: www.allskycam.com...

What's the red thing shooting off from the earth's surface? Left side of the image.

Looks like an LED reflection on the inside of the camera's dome. I install those all the time. The card usually has LEDs to indicate power or network connection

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Which one are you referring to in the link though? There’s so much stuff in that link and it like updates on its own. Someone sent it me on day 3 maybe, and never saw anyone else with it

(post by BigDave-AR removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join