It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What made you smile today?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My 2 dogs made me smile today. They definitely have personalities and souls!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The same thing that makes me smile everyday now
waking up, rolling over to see my little one grinning at me like an idiot
can't get enough of her little face!

JAK

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A story from 1982 of a chap at work.

One act of kindness that befell British writer Bernard Hare in 1982 changed him profoundly.

Recent events have blessed me with the knowledge that such people are still about and, coincidentally enough, working on the railways too.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I woke up next to my roommate, Rod, and realized he wasnt' been snoring ALL NIGHT like usual AND that he wasnt' being a cover hog again and stealing all the sheets. Now THAT makes me smile.

edit on 25-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, I smiled real big when my beautiful wife pulled her panties down for my Christmas gift. Of course that kind of thing always brings a smile to this old face!
Here is hoping everyone got what they wanted, and please, if you have unwanted things, give them to a charity, or thrift shop, or even the neighbor kids.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Well, I smiled real big when my beautiful wife pulled her panties down for my Christmas gift. Of course that kind of thing always brings a smile to this old face!
Here is hoping everyone got what they wanted, and please, if you have unwanted things, give them to a charity, or thrift shop, or even the neighbor kids.

That was hilarious, sounds like you have a wonderful wife.
and the 2nd thing that made me smile today. Actually that was a spew the coffee deal but I wasn't drinking coffee. The first smile was because..... for the first time that I remember in my whole life, its snowing on Christmas.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Voyager1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This made me smile today. This Remote Control Helicopter flying is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What made you smile today?

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK I Received a couple pairs of "Comic-book Super Hero Underwear"

Of course I put them on and checked myself out in the mirror
I think she may have been overly optimistic with choosing "Iron-man" But hey....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For some odd reason I got a mental pic and about laughed my self silly

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Something happened today that made me laugh.

I hadn't been awake very long when my housemate wandered into the living room and asked me if I could smell something burning.

I looked round at him and saw a small red glow towards the top of his dressing gown pocket. I asked if he'd dropped a cigarette on himself and he dashed off to extinguish the fire.

It turned out that he had a small disposable cigarette lighter in his pocket and it had failed to turn off properly after he lit his latest cigarette.

Knowing it was now safe to laugh I told him that you're supposed to light the pudding at Christmas, not the turkey
Silly sod.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My boyfriend making me breakfast and getting my pics to transfer off of my phone of Pompeii

Also being here in Italy with him has me smiling more so than usual

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

FFS Now he's cooking??? He's merciless... and now he's just rubbing my nose in it.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by mblahnikluver

FFS Now he's cooking??? He's merciless... and now he's just rubbing my nose in it.

~Heff

LMFAO! Yeah he cooks, breakfast so far. Next I shall test him with dinner lol

haha

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reading this post.....nah i dunno nothing really

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
finding ourselves in a position to help a friend, for 'free' and then some ... asking only that they pay it forward.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
finding ourselves in a position to help a friend, for 'free' and then some ... asking only that they pay it forward.

it makes me laugh...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've been smiling all week because tiny lambs and their mothers have been put in the field at the bottom of my garden.

Watching the lambs frolicking and bouncing about has had me laughing every day, I even drew a chair up to the window yesterday so I could sit and watch them.

I really should sue the farmer for making me waste so much of my time
Once I start watching I can't look away until the little ones have moved out of sight.

JAK

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Listening again to The Infinite Monkey Cage

Witty, irreverent look at the world according to science with physicist Brian Cox and comedian Robin Ince.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I met the nicest lady at the Asian Grocery where I live. This was my first time in this one, I use to go to one where I lived previously quite often...

Anyway, I went in there to look at what they had because I am going to be making a Thai themed dinner Saturday for my bf and I. The lady working there asked if I needed help and I told her I was just looking at what I needed for Saturday. She asked what it was I was making so I told her. Well then she told me I didn't need half the stuff the recipe said I did and that it wasn't the same as what you would get in Thailand or the local Thai place that my bf and I both love which is why I'm making it instead
So next she picks out all the ingredients I needed to make it the right way and not the way the book had it. She then tells me she is from Thailand and goes on about how she loves to cook and starts to give me a recipe for a soup to go with the Pad Thai and after that she gives me all kinds of pointers and tips on how to make certain things. I still have to go back Saturday with the name of my other dish for her and what I need and she will tell me if I need it or not.

After all of this while I was paying, she asks if I have internet and then proceeds to write down a website that she said has the most authentic Thai recipes. I smiled and told her it's a site I have been a member of for 6yrs.

I like that site because they are member submitted recipes and their Asian section is AWESOME!

So my little trip to the market made my day. I didn't plan on buying anything just looking but I got everything i needed for less than 10 bucks and I have a new friend at the local market. She said she loves to cook and loves to help others cook which is alot like how I am. I love cooking and I love helping others learn new things. I think I will be making a lot of Asian food in the future, good thing my bf like Thai food lol

So yup that experience made me smile.
edit on 6/23/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar

edit on 6/23/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

seeing a friend be online today.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Well, that made me smile. If only we could all be so kind. Perhaps there is hope for humanity yet!
It is not always easy to do that, but hey, things like that just may save the world if people take personal responsibility for their actions in such a way.

What has made me smile, and continues to do so, is finding something i didnt know i was looking for in a place i never thought to find it (confusing right?). Some surprises are truly moving.. and im not just talking about the internet!

Its not so bad to take some chances, even if it takes listening to ones heart above the garble of the mind. Tricky thing, that...

*tips internet hat*

Thank you for the smiles
They mean a lot.
edit on 23-6-2011 by sinohptik because: above top secret!

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join