It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

typhoon , now earthquake rocks northern Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We've really have had hard this year. A heat wave where people were falling down dead. Then the typhoon we just had. Now last night a very strong earthquake.
Newest news shows landslides covering homes. Not sure how many people are missing.

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

OK my first comment was Ill advised sorry.

Hang in there and I wish you well
edit on 5-9-2018 by 14377 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

geez, I fear Japan is not geologically "of the Earth" for long I hope this isnt a foreshock...fortunately it seems fairly deep, but after all the precipitation...damn,really fear for Japans long term.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Stay safe over there , you guys are getting hammered by nature.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Both we're caused by man, not nature

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe fix the radiation leak and Godzilla will go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
March 11, 2011 there was an earthquake that registered over 9.0 in Japan and there have been 8 earthquakes over 7.0 in Japan since. Nothing big from 2016 to 2018 though?

The BBC has a video of the after effects of Jebi

www.bbc.com...

edit on 5-9-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: an325nt
Maybe fix the radiation leak and Godzilla will go back to sleep.

There might be some truth to that. With all the new oil wells being drilled in the ocean these day, it could change the balance of natural occurring quakes.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AriAsulin
Both we're caused by man, not nature

Mmmm k, lets not do this eh?

We all know that man doesnt control the tectonic plates or the flow of molten rock or pressure deep in the earth.

Just........no

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The Islands can't seem to get a rest
these days.

Worrisome geological and weather patterns.

Stay safe, and play some music!
S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AriAsulin

so the ring of fire and 3 major faults near Tokyo...caused by man...right, I see common core is still thriving.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I live on the coast so I am always worried about tsunamis, mother nature can be scary and powerful.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We've really have had hard this year. A heat wave where people were falling down dead.

Yeah, I know it got hot by Japanese standards... Still though, regular temperatures of 35 degrees and a record high of 41 degrees, could hardly be considered a "heat wave" by global standards.

Then hearing how people were just dropping dead due to those temperatures... it kinda makes me wonder

I mean, Considering it'd just be a typical summer, where I'm from.

So, does that mean if we ended up having those typical below freezing winter temperatures, which occur in that part of the world... that people here would be dropping dead as well?

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

We've really have had hard this year. A heat wave where people were falling down dead.

Yeah, I know it got hot by Japanese standards... Still though, regular temperatures of 35 degrees and a record high of 41 degrees, could hardly be considered a "heat wave" by global standards.

Then hearing how people were just dropping dead due to those temperatures... it kinda makes me wonder

So, does that mean if we ended up having those typical below freezing winter temperatures, which occur in that part of the world... that people here would be dropping dead as well?

Most likely yes.

Im from Texas, so im use to the heat and humidity , in areas where I live sometimes it gets over 115f, and we worked outside, did construction did whatever. No issues. Not to mention my time in the middle east as a soldier.

When I lived up north for a bit, a summer it was a consistent 100-102 degrees for several weeks and there were several deaths involved with it.

Peoples bodies adapt to the climate they are in.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

The Islands can't seem to get a rest
these days.

Worrisome geological and weather patterns.

Stay safe, and play some music!
S&F

It could be that all that extra water soaking into ground, percolates into the fault lines and lubricates the friction points.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Update:
One town rang in at 7 on the scale. 9 people dead, 41 known are unaccounted for. This quake did so much damage. I kind of think the typhoon that hit the ocean 2 days may have had something to do with this.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I lived in a place where winters hovered around -40 (that's where C &F cross). We survived just fine because we were accustomed to it.

You'd probably die

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Isn't this where Godzilla comes in ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Japan is being hit in places with tremendous storms and
intense earthquakes. Since prediction of where the next
big one will not be possible, the entire island and outlying
islands should be permanently relocated. If this is not done
then Japan will face a future that includes mega
destruction and death.