It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Dog General Mattis Torches Bob Woodward For 'Fiction' Anti-Trump Book

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The mental cases are at their peak as The Autumn Witch of November nears.

Desperate.

šŸ’„āš–šŸ’„

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
What happened to investigative journalism?

Is woodward going to investigate the intel community and politicians lying us into wars where thousands die, bailing out corrupt bankers, or how the federal reserve is a scam to rip off the American citizens?

Nope, but hes got all the gossip on who called who what in trumps team!

It has basically turned into lazy journalism. totally dependent on stories being spoon fed to them from leaks, telling them what to say. ugly to watch sometimes

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If he wrote anything bad about Obama Iā€™m sure you would get on him also. Right?

You're not defending Mattis your defending Trump

When he wrote Obama's book they also criticized Woodward.

In fact, I did a thread defending Bob Woodward when
he claimed that the Obama White House threatened him.

So that's worth something right?

I make up my own mind, no one tells me what to think.

edit on 4-9-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Don't you think Mattis in a state of anger could have said something bad about Trump?

Sure its possible but everything I have heard or read about the guy says he would own up to it.

Not in the military. If you dis a president there, YOU'RE OUT

Actually its so wrong its hard to answer without being nasty, as I stated earlier he refused to play nice and got fired by the previous administration.

But suddenly you think he has lost his nerve and will bow down to trump, their first talk he refuted what the president said and told him a better way to do it and trump was impressed not angry.

So one last time why now all of a sudden would he throw himself on his sword rather than tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: burntheships
I am glad to see the Generals call the BS artist exactly what he is.

Yes. And he did it very swiftly, didn't wait a day.

I saw all that crap on Drudge and was wondering
how this would turn out, didn't have to wait.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Except Simon & Schuster's lawyers aren't going to let them publish anything that hasn't been vetted, and Woodward has tapes of every interview. www.washingtonexaminer.com...

When people are cornered, they tend to lie.
edit on 4-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not sure whether this is good or bad or who cares. You do not become a 4 star big shot unless you play the game. What -illegal- I mean "just" war's was he involved in? If he supports Trump whats that say?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Except Simon & Schuster's lawyers aren't going to let them publish anything that hasn't been vetted, and Woodward has tapes of every interview.

First I think your standard is incorrect; I doubt simon and shucter are as thorough as you imply.

But even if they are, how do you know that woodward didnt hear what mattis said through a third party, who was lying?

In other words, he printed gossip he heard.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You dispute a book full of anonymous quotes that are denied by the very people being quoted ? You expect your argument to be bolstered by a report by NBC based on an unnamed source ? This is idiocy at its best.

I won't call Bob a lair, but do call his source a lair. No way that Kelly and Mattis would so staunchly denied the quotes if even close to the truth. What do you bet, Bobby source is Omorosa and we do know what a crackpot she is.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Except Simon & Schuster's lawyers aren't going to let them publish anything that hasn't been vetted, and Woodward has tapes of every interview.

Does he have a tape interviewing Mattis and he admitted this, or a tape of someone he interviewed who said he said it?? BIG difference
edit on pm99201818America/Chicago04p09pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Titled "Fear," the book is set for a Sept. 11 release. It's 448 pages will describe details from decisions President Trump has made during his first two years in office, relying on interviews from dozens of administration officials, as well as memos, documents, diaries, and notes, which in some cases were written by Trump himself

Woodward's use of tapes, which CNN notes were recorded with the permission of the sources, comes after Michael Wolff's Fire and Fury book about the Trump administration was released early this year.

Bob Woodward reportedly has hundreds of hours of tapes, memos, and diaries for upcoming Trump book www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Maybe he has a tape of them saying, "Off the record? Trump is an idiot!" or some such thing. /sarcasm + Snark

edit on 4-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Tapes that say what?

I taped my mom saying she heard hillary hates puppies.

I dont care what someone says they heard someone else say about trump.

I dont care that people in the white house call each other bad names.

At.

All.

If he had damning tapes that show something like crimes, he should release them.

Instead, he is trying to make money selling gossip about trumps team.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Except Simon & Schuster's lawyers aren't going to let them publish anything that hasn't been vetted, and Woodward has tapes of every interview. www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"according to a report"

and i bet the "sources" are all the disgruntled former "employees" and "leftovers"

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That was snark. Ya know, because Trump said something was off the record, and was surprised when it got out.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are there any X White House staffers that aren't either disgruntled or being paid for their silence?

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That was snark. Ya know, because Trump said something was off the record, and was surprised when it got out.

Oh sorry, it went over my head.

Look if woodward has info about a crime, I am all for hearing it.

But trump calling sessions name, or saying to kill assad, or mattis calling trump names.

None of that matters at all to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The Woodward Dossier.

How appropriate!

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I seriously doubt he has tapes of General Mattis.

He may have taped someone, let him prove it.

Book publishers get sued all of the time.....

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Look if woodward has info about a crime, I am all for hearing it.

I haven't read the book, but I doubt it indicts Trump for any crimes, other than incompetency.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join