It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Richat Structure, the Eye of Sahara, the remains of Atlantis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

What about the other way around: can any ape sperm penetrate human eggs?

I am just brainstorming … but if anyone knows, you know enough that maybe you know, if anyone does

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
This is part 2 of the you-tube video suggesting Richat Structure was once Atlantis

Very good video! Some of you don't like videos and I can understand that, but I do recommend that you spend some 20 minutes on watching this video anyway. It's very interesting and all of it (except the small part about the twins in Nigeria) is highly relevant for the topic of this thread. I think he is a bit annoying and full of himself, but despite that, he does present a very convicing case for the Richat Structure being Atlantis. I'm convinced! I found the first video interesting and the 2nd video is even better. I've seen many videos and read a lot about Atlantis, but this is the most convincing theory I've seen so far. Why would Plato lie about something that could be easily verified in Egypt at the time. Notice the presence of salt water at the site. And the traces of a tsunami. Also keep in mind that 12,000 years is a VERY long time, and a huge tsunami is very destructive.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

To my knowledge it's not possible. There were attempts the the Soviets in the 50's to impregnate human females with Chimpanzee sperm and not a single test was successful. Obviously, it was dome under laboratory conditions and if the eggs were fertilized they would have used in vitro to inseminate the poor females on the receiving end of this hapless experiment. It was a good question though. Nobody has attempted it since then because it's pretty unethical and immoral to attempt trans-species admixture.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure we are hybrids

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

To my knowledge it's not possible. There were attempts the the Soviets in the 50's to impregnate human females with Chimpanzee sperm and not a single test was successful. Obviously, it was dome under laboratory conditions and if the eggs were fertilized they would have used in vitro to inseminate the poor females on the receiving end of this hapless experiment. It was a good question though. Nobody has attempted it since then because it's pretty unethical and immoral to attempt trans-species admixture.

Mayyyybe.

There is a rumor or a conspiracy that says that Oliver was a Humanzee. Later it was said that they tested to make sure that it was nothing more than a rumor but some today still believe it was. It's features were more human than chimp, supposedly.

We may never know

Still, genetics manipulation is a bit different. Based on what the Assyrians may have spoke about in their mythos, we were genetically altered. We do this today to animals in the lab. I believe Glowing Fish was something that popped up in the past. When you get into genetics, you can really mix some stuff up, compatible reproductively or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

If you’re of European or North African descent then yes, you’re a hybrid Of Neanderthal and HSS. If you’re East Asian, Melanesian, then you’re a hybrid ofDenisovan and HSS. There’s also another unknown genetic group in N. West Africa. The genes are there but no physical remains have been found yet to compare the genetics against.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: peter vlar

Mayyyybe.

There is a rumor or a conspiracy that says that Oliver was a Humanzee. Later it was said that they tested to make sure that it was nothing more than a rumor but some today still believe it was. It's features were more human than chimp, supposedly.

We may never know

No, we know definitively that Oliver is a full chimpanzee with some interesting genetic markers that may indicate an isolated group but despite the Weekly World News style tabloid claims, all of Oliver’s morphological characteristics fall within the mean for all male Pan Troglodytes. Rumor is fun and all but in science we have to deal with facts and the genetic tests on him were done more than once with the same results. Chimpanzee.

Still, genetics manipulation is a bit different. Based on what the Assyrians may have spoke about in their mythos, we were genetically altered. We do this today to animals in the lab. I believe Glowing Fish was something that popped up in the past. When you get into genetics, you can really mix some stuff up, compatible reproductively or not.

I think you meant Sumerians not Assyrians. Same place, different culture, different time frame. Sumerians myths are where hacks like Sitchin (who was an economist, not an archaeologist or a linguist and therefor not qualified to tie his shoes at a proper dig let alone interpret and translate the cuneiform) tried to give his own spin in order to monetize and cash in on the popular UFO craze of the time.

If you want accurate information on what the Sumerians said, I would suggest looking into getting on of Samuel noah Kramer’s books. He spent his entire career in linguistics and wasn’t marketing towards an audience for mass appeal and profit. He literally, was the leading authority on Cuneiform and Sumerians.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Still, genetics manipulation is a bit different. Based on what the Assyrians may have spoke about in their mythos, we were genetically altered.

There is no ancient Near Eastern myth about anything like that. Not a single one.

Harte

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Still, genetics manipulation is a bit different. Based on what the Assyrians may have spoke about in their mythos, we were genetically altered.

There is no ancient Near Eastern myth about anything like that. Not a single one.

Harte

What Harte what? Have you not read the deeply scientificalish papers by the noted visionary whose name we may not speak? I know you use to have a poster of him up in the class room.

edit on 19/10/18 by Hanslune because: Added corrected image

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

You know what is scary, is the human-pig hybrid.

news.nationalgeographic.com...:1

Enjoy that one !

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Watching the vid, he seems very determined not to expect anything to have remained after the cataclysm. But clearly the eye itself survived.

And then there is the need for the whole area to have gradually risen back out of the water. Not impossible. Not overly plausible either. His argument about saltwater down to 200 feet can't be entirely dismissed, though. Unless the area never got any rainfall, even during the "Green Sahara" period, and that salt content dates to millions of years ago, the area having never gotten enough rainfall to carry it out to sea.

I liked the possibility presented in this guy's link better, though.

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: glend

This thread here is I think the best explanation for the location of Atlantis that I've come across.

South America: The Definitive Geographic Location Of Atlantis

You may find it compelling.

I see no reason to doubt the Atlantis myth had a basis in something real. Probably not anything involving aliens or lasers. But something. Perhaps something very boring.

The Island of Thera doesn't make any sense unless Plato really got the dates wrong, and all of his figures. (Which seems about as likely as him simply making the whole thing up.)

It is of course, entirely possible that Plato had read a fraudulent account and believed it to be true. But it seems odd for a fraudulent account to offer actual figures, such as the size of various land features. Most con artists prefer to be vague.

Also books were a lot of trouble to write back then. A life's endeavor. Not something a person would undertake for giggles.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
An interesting possibility to consider would be if Earth had a different rotational axis in the Ice age.

If you take some of the events of ending of the ice age at face value, there is some reason to believe that maybe the reason North Eastern America had so many glaciers is because it was the North Pole. That correlates well with finding Mammoths in the Permafrost of Northern Russia, in some cases the victim of such a rapid freezing event that they didn't have time to decompose.

Parts of Siberia that had been warmer, permanently became colder, even while the average temperature of the planet as a whole was going up.

Here's a nice globe you can use to check out the possibilities:

www.echalk.co.uk...

As we all know, the Earth is kind of "egg shaped", with a bulge around the equator, right? With a different axis of rotation, that bulge would move too.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And a link about the frozen mammoths:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

It sure as he'll does not look egg shaped from space it looks like a basketball

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Parts of Siberia that had been warmer, permanently became colder, even while the average temperature of the planet as a whole was going up.

I don't believe the above is accurate. There have been mammoths found all over the place there - all frozen in the permafrost, and they cover a huge timeline. If it was some single event that cause this particular mammoth to die and freeze, how to explain ones tens of thousands of years older, or ten thousand years younger?

Harte

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

And that doesn't even touch on the age of the Mammoth at it's time of death being 50-60 years old which is at the upper end of their life expectancy of 60-80 years. Or that this particular mammoth was found in what was a swamp during it's lifetime. It's far more likely that this mammoth got itself stuck and couldn't get out of the bog and expired naturally and highly unlikely that some massive sudden freeze off killed it. Cold swamp water inhibited bacterial growth and when the ice came in it sealed things up quite nicely.

For some people it's easier to believe that axial tilt was so drastic in the past as to allow for events hypothesized regarding a sudden freeze but they don't seem to catch on that something of that nature would wreak havoc world wide, not just in Siberia.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Also, I hadn't noticed the age: 39k years. That's too long ago to have been associated with the retreat of glaciers from North America.

However, I did find this interesting article from Nasa's news site which suggests there is a possibility for global warming to cause the axis of rotation to change in the near future if trends continue. (If so, then it would clearly be possible for it to have changed in the past when the climate changed then also.)

climate.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hello
peter v,
There is a fairly recent paper, last 2-3 years, on recently found well preseved siberian mammoths.
One of the teams findings was that the mammoths drowned after bank collapses mostly and they were able to pin it down by the plants in their stomachs, they were all plants found along waterways, and the mammoths had mud in their lungs.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

However, I did find this interesting article from Nasa's news site which suggests there is a possibility for global warming to cause the axis of rotation to change in the near future if trends continue
Actually, the article points out that the spin axis wobbles slightly on a continuous basis because of changes in mass distribution on Earth's surface.

But the article does not say that climate change will cause a significant change in the Earth's axis of rotation. It takes huge changes in the distribution of mass to cause very small changes in the spin axis. What the article is about is using the historical record of polar drift as a proxy for past climate change.

"Historical records of polar motion are both globally comprehensive in their sensitivity and extraordinarily accurate," said Ivins. "Our study shows that this legacy data set can be used to leverage vital information about changes in continental water storage and ice sheets over time."

edit on 10/23/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I just watched a documentary about this same feature in Africa. I felt that maybe this could be the location of Atlantis but then I started going through my head about the description of Atlantis from Plato. Plato said there was a rectangular plain. I do not see that on the Richat Structure. I still have not been able to find another place that accounts for all of the hints that Plato gave us, that is except for the Caribbean Sea. I still believe the Caribbean Sea is where Atlantis was at. I am including some images showing what I mean about the rectangular area.

This image shows the rectangular area.

This next photo shows that using a straight line, the Caribbean Sea is across from the Strait of Gibraltar.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join