It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Richat Structure, the Eye of Sahara, the remains of Atlantis

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

thanks LABTECH767.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

While I for one believe the African location is now the best prospect for the root of the legend that does not mean that this plain could not also have once been both above water and the seat of a lost episode of human history and indeed not only that deep underwater plain but relatively close by to the north west of Cuba we have the mysterious formation which I for one believe to be a city under 1275 feet of water - far too deep for ice age ocean level changes to account unless it was at least 50.000 years old or unless there was also a sizable sinking of that portion of the continental plate within that time period.

But while some would say well then were are the elephant's if Plato's account point's out that Atlantis was rich in Elephant's, well it turn's out that up to about 10.000 years ago elephant's did indeed exist in south america and if you look at these sites I shall now list there are also argument's and inscription's which would highly suggest that they existed until far more recently even though these elephant depictions are generally poo poo'd as snake fang representation's etc by those that do not believe they do represent elephant's (they really need to get some new spectacles).
www.jasoncolavito.com...
nephicode.blogspot.com...
uncoveredhistory.com...

edit on 1-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No discussion of Atlantis would be complete without some anecdotal tales even if these one's really should be taken with a pinch of salt.

(This one is too good to be true so was probably an invention for a book but) I have searched but can not find a reference to a story I once read about long ago in which it was told that some divers during the laying of cable in the north Atlantic a few hundred miles off Newfoundland went overboard to check a snag during the cable laying, they could not go deep enough but reported that they witnessed the top of what appeared to be a castle like structure or tower complete with parapet's and in the deeper gloom at the edge of there light's range they could just make out a doorway and what appeared to be a wall indicating a larger structure further down the tower.
Here is a collection of other Anecdotal tales.
www.beforeus.com...
Then there is the now infamous Google grid formation and here is just one of umpteen youtube videos on the subject.

In a quantum universe it is even possible that some of these claim's are real but more due to reality's overlapping for a time in some location's.

These ones were more for entertainment and in leu of that here is the 1979 youtube version of a dramatization of Charles Berlitz book The Bermuda Triangle.
Quality is poor probably due to both the age of the documentary and of course the fact it was probably encoded from an original NTSC version which was the very low resolution format used by the US for a very long time for there video standard.

And some more up to date video's on the subject (the google earth one's may be down to compression artifacts but still intriguing because what if they are not down to compression artifacts - then they would be at least in some instances evidence of an even more urbanized world than today in which a far larger population were centered around and in mega metropolis and in what to us would seem to have been living in a very modern society perhaps technologically very far ahead of us but somehow snuffed out in an instant sometime in the distant past).

And now some of our own city's we may be adding to the list relatively soon

edit on 1-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I am also interested why researchers haven't visited.

To quote Gigal:

I wanted to go there for 3 years now but the area is too dangerous for the moment. I think the first thing to do is to investigate is the depressed corridor accessing to the "eye" from West. It is a possible ancient canal or delta for me and the only access to the Atlantic Ocean. It is much more easy to get results there because the "eye" suffered alot of collapsing and geologic changes that is making discoveries difficult.For the moment geological data are saying :"According to field mapping and aeromagnetic data, the gabbroic rocks form two concentric ring dikes. The inner ring dike is about 20 m in width and lies about 3 km from the center of Richat Structure. The outer ring dike is about 50 m in width and lies about 7 to 8 km from the center of this structure. Thirty-two carbonatite dikes and sills have been mapped within the Richat structure.
Atlantis main Island according to the

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: nintendo1889

With warnings like the following its not surprising that researchers are a bit nervous about travelling to Richat structure.

Travel to Mauritania is ill advised due to persistent crime and terrorism activity. Violent crimes, such as mugging, armed robbery, rape, and assault, are common. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious crimes. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting places frequented by Westerners.
Link

However this french guy rode his motercycle to Ouadane in 2015 which is about 10km from edge of Richat Structure. But sand was too deep for his motorcycle to go its centre.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I found the book where beforeus.com gets it's material: The Corpse Came Back: Post-Flood Evidence Revealed.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

With warnings like the following its not surprising that researchers are a bit nervous about travelling to Richat structure.

Travel to Mauritania is ill advised due to persistent crime and terrorism activity. Violent crimes, such as mugging, armed robbery, rape, and assault, are common. Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious crimes. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting places frequented by Westerners.
Link

However this french guy rode his motercycle to Ouadane in 2015 which is about 10km from edge of Richat Structure. But sand was too deep for his motorcycle to go its centre.

I see. I thought the crater itself was vulnerable to collapse.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Thank you, found a free pdf and shall have a read of it.
jonathangraybooks.weebly.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Thank you, found a free pdf and shall have a read of it.
jonathangraybooks.weebly.com...

Its free but also full of creationism propaganda - amusing thou

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Well enjoy, everyone has there own theory's and it's just as good as any of them as far as I am concerned.
Though more a tectonic's believe myself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join