It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the Hole. Bushfire my way. Time to kit up.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
G'day people. Well just reporting I have to kit up, get the pumps and hoses ready. Steady fire just out from the boundary.

This pic is from yesterday evening.

The hills to my west are where my property ends. Pic taken from my house. Sorry I haven't a camera to update as my lovely wife is at work and my son at school. (35 klms away) Presently have a constant stream of water bombers, mostly fixed wing dropping their loads and turning to replenish flying across my roof. Being the only one home, I'm hoping the fire will scout round the boundary where I have burnt off and hazard reduced for some years. There is an easy entry and egress from my property for fire brigade. (Had a visit yesterday) .

I'll be away from the forum. My house is mostly timber but have pumps and hoses at the ready. Also have animals that in the extreme I can only release.

Saying this, I won't leave my home. (Yes, I'm stupid, but old). If I get a chance I will post pics (or it didn't happen
).

My regards to you all.

Apologies to mods (Kardinski) for my recent behaviour. I was stressing last night.

Bally001

edit on 21-8-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

😕. Stay safe Bally.. we can’t lose a beloved member.

Fight that fire, but fight for your life , too.

In my prayers...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Good thoughts and prayers if you'll have them. If you've got a fire break, you have some protection. Best wishes.

link   

We have had smoke for over a month and our lungs are heavy. No fires here in our basin yet but that could change tomorrow. Best of luck bally

link   
a reply to: Sheye

Cheers mate, getting ready, leaving the computer on and ATS open so I can check in.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Thank you, about to flash the pumps up.

bally

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Good luck sir. But get the hell out if it gets out of control. Or die for a pile of timber if that's how you want to go. I'd say it's not worth it but to each their own. It's not a glorious death

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Great mate!

I'm off now.

Catch up later.

bally

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Good luck sir. But get the hell out if it gets out of control. Or die for a pile of timber if that's how you want to go. I'd say it's not worth it but to each their own. It's not a glorious death

I don't seek a glorious death. Just wanna save my home and animals.

Still have time. I prepped a long time ago.

In saying that, I really gotta go.

regards, ballsta

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Yikes, it's so dry, hopefully there is rain coming on the weekend and some relief comes your way. Stay safe..

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Update. Rural fire brigade rang. Evacuate. Sorry. Neighbour arrived. Sought my thoughts. Told him to get his family out. We looked towards the black/red smoke. Nervous laugh.

I said, "Sorry buddy, I'm staying."

He said, "I'm with you"

He just left to have his family leave and will be back. I'm on line cause my son just arrived home. Getting him to kit up and get ready to leave.

Bally out.

Bombers now constant. Wish I could video this.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Prayers for you, your loved ones, your home, land, all animals. You are protected. Keep us posted as you are able. With you in spirit.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Best of luck with that one bally. Start getting that water going now man.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Best of luck to you!

Wildfires are no fun at all. We are dealing with some major fires here in the mountains of Colorado too right now. The smoke was really bad yesterday, visibility was down to a couple hundred yards in some places due to smoke. It's definitely been an active fire season this year.

Sometimes your best defense against fire is not so much water and pumps, but rather a shovels (or tractor), a chainsaw and a pulanski. Cut fire-breaks into the wind and make them as wide as possible (2x as wide as the tallest tree).

Good luck to you. I'd probably do the same as you.

edit on 8/21/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I won't wish you luck, I wish you success!
Stay safe!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Stay safe. Just stay safe.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Be safe mate.

The difference may well be the absence of the usual 42C heat.

Keep the hoses charged. Good luck.

P

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Its evening. Temperature drop. Hopefully wind will ease of. I would quickly like to thank you all for your best wishes. Dark now with an eerie glow and bit of a light roar. Guess that is the burning.

Having been through this before. I am prepared.

SES (State Emergency Services) just dropped in to check up on me and the neighbour. Much thanx to them. Seems I'll be up all night.

my regards, just checking in,

Bally

Topping up my canteen. Sitting back hoping that with the ease in the ferocity. WE may turn this bugger!

Flamin fire won't beat me!

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

The latest Advice
Advice - Old Glen Innes Rd, Buccarumbi (Clarence Valley LGA)

Posted:21/08/2018 17:39

Close modal
A bush fire is burning in the in the vicinity of Old Glen Innes Road, Buccarumbi, approximately 30km south-west of Grafton. The fire has burnt 2,154 hectares and is out of control.

Current Situation

Fire activity is increasing along Old Glen Innes Road. Firefighters are working to protect properties on Glens Creek Road.

Firefighters are in attendance and are working with local residents. Waterbombing aircraft have been assisting firefighters on the ground. As conditions allow, backburning operations will be undertaken by firefighters to building and consolidate containment lines. This will result in an increase in fire activity and smoke in the area.

Old Glen Innes Road is closed at the Doboy Road intersection.

Advice

People in the areas identified above should continue to monitor the situation closely and be prepared to enact your Bush Fire Survival Plan.

If you do not have a plan, decide what you will do if the situation changes. Leaving early is your safest option.

Follow the advice of firefighters on the ground.

Other Information

If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au..., listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
For information on road closures, check livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au.... Roads may be closed without warning.
The next update on this fire will be issued by 22/08/2018 09:00 or if the situation changes.

Bally out

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cheers mate read the latest advice from our rural fire brigade.

regards to you and yours, just having some tucker,

bally

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join