It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
All we need now is a statue of Glycon!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonnyP95
Religion is not political !

“Across Asia and beyond,” says the journal Asiaweek, “power-hungry leaders are cynically manipulating people’s religious sentiments for their own needs.” As a result, the journal warns: “The world threatens to sink into madness.” A prominent religious leader in the United States declared: “You’ve got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops.” His solution? “Blow them all away in the name of the Lord.” By contrast, the Bible says: “If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.” (1 John 4:20) Jesus even said: “Continue to love your enemies.” (Matthew 5:44) How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war?

Hypocrisy galore indeed.

posted on Aug, 25 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But I thought it was OK to advocate for the removal of "offensive" statues?

Fortunately I do not support that revisionist BS. Either let their be multiple statues or just don't have any, or put it to a referendum. Either way, I don't agree with suppressing any religion, suppressing any speech, suppressing any ideology, burning books, revising history, or tearing down statues- regardless of how offensive or unpopular they are

If something is truly that horrible you should be able to easily defeat it through logical and persuasive speech with a hearty dose of facts
(and if you can't, it is time to start questioning your own beliefs or accepting the fact that not everyone sees everything the same way)
edit on 8/25/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Uproar is also hysterical laughing.....and when I see adults carting around a statue of a goat with a mans body. brother I gotta tell you I laugh. Kinda reminds of those people who are convinced they are vampires and expect you to take their claims seriously......... a goat with a mans body.... in this day and age, you cant make this stuff up

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Uproar is also hysterical laughing.....and when I see adults carting around a statue of a goat with a mans body. brother I gotta tell you I laugh. Kinda reminds of those people who are convinced they are vampires and expect you to take their claims seriously......... a goat with a mans body.... in this day and age, you cant make this stuff up

clearly you have never taken a class in religious history or you would be unsettled by the ideas humans can fabricate given enough time and paranoia.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am so going to ask them to put in a Cthulhu monument which, if I know my Lord and Savior, will eat the other monuments.

Only if their kosher

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Is that still up!
How long will it be before there is one on capital hill.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Jesus is lucifer they both are Venus..
Religion is magick and the truth is coming.
Here's some bible talk..
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Revelations 22

22 is a powerful magick number ya know

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
at some point i am going to get a small scale replica of that statue for my home. it embodies the principles of metaphysics and philanthropy far better than monotheism and industrial religion.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sign me up, i just like the ethos, fcuk forgiveness and guilt, i like knowledge and knowing.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Because this Statue was used in the new remake of Sabrina. Netflix paid the Satanic Church 50 million dollars.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulStoner225

Hopefully they work some good educational stuff into that show, the time for ignorant stereotypes and slander is done.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join