It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Neil4No1

actually, true satanists, if they really are any, believe that the snake in the garden, ya know that snake representing wisdom and knowledge, was the good god and it was the god who wished to hold man in ignorance that was evil. And much of the mythological Baphomet was taken from pagan and occulitic traditions - the horned god, which predates christianity by centuries, which probably predates the jewish traditions.

“The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of occultism, the one pointing up to the white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgyne of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The beast’s head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely responsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semi-circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyne arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences. (211-212)”

Baphomet has become the ultimate “scapegoat”, the face of witchcraft and black magic; a dark, foreboding figure, one synonymous with that Judeo/Christian miscreant called “Satan”. But, in truth, Baphomet can represent the accomplishment of reaching the “Higher Self”. Because of this it has been adopted by some practitioners of the left-hand path as a symbol of self-deification, or becoming one’s own god. Self-deification, though, does not come about through a simple proclamation. It is a slow process, taking years of study upon the heterodox path, going your own way, breaking away from the prevailing cultural norms. But with a revaluation of all values, and allowing the ego to better understand the subconscious, a supreme knowledge of the self can come about, thus reaching a state of perfect equilibrium. It is then that the occult initiate can point the right hand towards the heavens and the left towards the earth and pronounce that hermetic axiom which has reverberated over the millennia: “As Above, So Below”.

www.thesectofthehornedgod.com...

it is only your belief that satanists are evil, so no, you can't hang them. Quite frankly, you sound rather like ISIS and their attempted extermination of the Yazidi... who have been accused throughout history by both the muslim and christian groups to be worshippers of satan and persecuted.

LINK

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
First of all, the abbreviation for Arkansas is AR. AK is Alaska.
As an Arkansan, I was really hoping they were gonna pick Oklahoma for the statue but of course the ten Commandments made it inevitable but to put the Goat in Little Rock(that and the Clinton Foundation)

My concern is not for the people who know their faith and is educated as much as they want to be. However, for the children, then ten commandments next to Baphomet may confuse them more than Common Core itself. Two children at the lap of the Devil.

The temple didnt do anything wrong. But the fact that people are celebration Satan when they truly dont know who they are fighting for

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulStoner225
First of all, the abbreviation for Arkansas is AR. AK is Alaska.
As an Arkansan, I was really hoping they were gonna pick Oklahoma for the statue but of course the ten Commandments made it inevitable but to put the Goat in Little Rock(that and the Clinton Foundation)

My concern is not for the people who know their faith and is educated as much as they want to be. However, for the children, then ten commandments next to Baphomet may confuse them more than Common Core itself. Two children at the lap of the Devil.

The temple didnt do anything wrong. But the fact that people are celebration Satan when they truly dont know who they are fighting for

At least someone else gets the Arkansas is AR not AK baffles my mind especially since it’s one of the convient dates that use their first two letters as the abbreviation. What I want to know is what people the AK is? You have 3 states starting in A Arkansas, Alabama, and Alaska it’s not exactly rocket science since you can throw out Alabama you have a 50/50 shot yet people constantly get it wrong higher than it seems the stasitcical average would be.... Woo Pig from a fellow Arkansan, have a good one.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Don't forget Arizona -- we're AZ

I used to input addresses for mailing lists.

State code -- kinda a pet peeve.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yay more anti Christian BS!
I have my issues with Christianity as much as the next. But they also bring alot of good to the table. I can't for the life of me remember the last time I saw an atheist charity event. Just sayin...

Most atheists are liberals.
Most liberals hate Christianity and worship at the alter of the state. That's what I see...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Don't forget Arizona -- we're AZ

I used to input addresses for mailing lists.

State code -- kinda a pet peeve.

Damn I need to get some rest thanks for the correction! Still 50/50 to me since Arizona and Alabama can be thrown out.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Yay more anti Christian BS!
I have my issues with Christianity as much as the next. But they also bring alot of good to the table. I can't for the life of me remember the last time I saw an atheist charity event. Just sayin...

Most atheists are liberals.
Most liberals hate Christianity and worship at the alter of the state. That's what I see...

That is such BS.

Good people are good people - - extremisits are extremeists - - and there are plenty of extremist Christians (also liberral Christians).

Atheists are individuals - - they are not an organized group. They do charity work and donate just like everyone else.

Ya know what - - you also don't hear or read about Mormon's working at disaster sites and volunteering. You know why? Because charity is part of their doctrine and they don't believe it should be sensationalized.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am most offended that Baphomet is holding up the "two in the pink" fingers but he completely ignored the "one in the stink." Blasphemers! Hell fire, etc etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ultimately, this issue was created by those who are crying the loudest.

There has always been and should be a fine line between religion and politics. There is a long history where Religion, when mixed with statecraft, has often led to far more bad policies than what we should deal with. And even now, there are some parts of the country, where the only way that a person could get a good job, even if they are qualified, would be to belong to the correct church.

But back to this, ultimately this was caused by the over zealous members of the Christian community, wanting to have their religion on display on what is state grounds. This was wrong when they put it up, and is still wrong. There are many different religions in this country and to do such, would in short be viewed as that the state government supports that particular religion. And now it could be claimed religious discrimination or persecution on the part of anyone who is not of that religion, in that state for any decision that goes against them.

But more to the point, what if say a Hindu wanted to have a representation of their religion put up, or say that of Islam? The state, in an attempt to be fair and apply the law equally, would have to allow for such. And as what has been seen is that either the politicians, or the Christians, do something where they try to push or have their beliefs on display the others. Then the Satanist’s go and demand, get refused, take the state to court, and win.

So far the Satanist have won in court every single time.

The reality is that the only solution is to no longer ask for such, thus not giving the other side an open door.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Ultimately, this issue was created by those who are crying the loudest.

Yes, it was.

How many lawsuits does it take?

Ask Roy Moore.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Eh, if Christian crap can ignore the wisdom of keeping worship & governance separate, and can be on display in government places, so can any other religion's or philosophy's crap (Satanism is more a philosophy than a religion, seriously)

Don't like having to share the stage? Then don't have the stage in the first place. Grow up & scoot over or GTFO.

a reply to: dawnstar

Frankly, I think if we're to get into the nitty gritty based on their own beliefs and suss out who's really worshiping who, I wager the god Christians worship is actually their devil, not the big G god.
Finding out the "best deceiver" has been pulling the wool over their eyes for centuries and conning people into groveling at his feet instead of the "real god" would be the most ironic of slaps to the face when they get to the afterlife, wouldn't it?
edit on 8/18/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Top level trolling by the Satanists. They're not really into selling souls and fighting besides demons. It's more to do with arguing for a rational world...or against irrationality. Pity they picked old Baph as a symbol because it makes so many people twitch. Doubly so in a State where many still believe Creationism should be taught in science classes.

Their key tenets:

Tenets
There are seven fundamental tenets.

* One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
* The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
* One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
* The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
* Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
* People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and remediate any harm that may have been caused.
* Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

thesatanictemple.com...

Yep, they're basically atheists which I understand is code for 'hellspawn scum' in the eyes of the WASP community and practising Christians.

ETA -

Holy cow, did you really just post that? I didn't even detect any sarcasm.

Do you have a suspicion that what we are taught from mainstream is 180 degrees opposite from a good moral life?

Sorry for my disbelief because every time I post something along the same lines people react like I just kicked a puppy.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
So apparently offensive statues are only okay if you're trolling the Christians.

Clearly that's not the case because people were offended by the presence of the 10 commandments so instead of tear it down they did the next best thing - put up its opposite

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

well, what got me was the comment in the post that these satanists should by lynched if they are really satanists.
because the person believes that the satanists are evil...
it kind of does remind me those poor Yazidi, which the west is currently trying to keep from being wiped out by ISIS.
but if you look into the religion of those Yazidi you will find out why the are the targets of the fundamentalists.
they claim that their religion is older than the jewish/christian/muslim trio. their central figure is the Peacock Angel, who refused to bow down before God's new creation (man) and was punished for doing so by being thrown into hell. but his tears put out the hell fire and he was eventually reconciled with god. he now serves as an intermediary between God and man.
if this religion is as old as they claim, this could be the source the the christian lucifer story. but, the story so closely resembles the christian, and islamic lucifer, that this small group of people have been the target of both groups throughout the centuries. Who know's maybe they are, but my bet is they aren't worshippers of satan and thus evil, worthy of elimination. They are just another group of people, with another group of myths and legends, trying to make sense of it all and find the answers to what is unanswerable. just like the jews following the ancient laws of moses, just like the muslims following the teachings of Mohammed, just like the christains following their prophet Jesus, and just like the pagans who believed in their horned god. like their churches and sacred places were built on the remains of the holy sites that were before them, their beliefs were also built upon, incorporating and updating the older ones.
my guess is that in some ways, all or today's religions have truth within them, and in some ways they all have errors in them. the smartest thing our founders did was decide to separate the power of gov't from the power of belief and allow each person to decide for themselves what beliefs are worthy to hang onto and which ones should be discarded.

maybe Baphomet is the best representation of all of our religions today? the horned god of the pagans, those very old beliefs that every religion has adopted at least some parts of, erected by satanists, because, well, once those newer religions took what they found as valued, they so often labeled the followers of those who insisted on not adopting their newer, more revised form as evil, heretical, and worthy of elimination.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Wow, that was good.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And yet, both sides still tute and fiddle with the same horn, whether Micheals or the Devils.

edit on 19-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I find it hard to understand how some can be so dead set that their religion is the right religion so much that they think it should be held up on a pedestal as supreme. if there ever was a supreme, absolutely correct religion on earth, a clear view of what god is, what he wishes for us... I kind of think that people came along, and found this or that unappealing to them, changed it, and went on there happy way, proclaiming it was the one and only truth and destroyed the supreme religion a long, long time ago. all we have now is bits and pieces forced together like a child would force the pieces of a puzzle together, tearing, stretching, and bending those pieces just to make them fit and of course, adding fillers when necessary.

it's just not worth having wars over, it's not worth arguing about, maybe, if we are lucky, we will know some of the truth after we die.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

maybe Baphomet is the best representation of all of our religions today? the horned god of the pagans, those very old beliefs that every religion has adopted at least some parts of, erected by satanists, because, well, once those newer religions took what they found as valued, they so often labeled the followers of those who insisted on not adopting their newer, more revised form as evil, heretical, and worthy of elimination.

IMO - - all "festivals" (god beliefs) are based on the same 3 things: Life - Death - Food.

Life (end of life)

Harvest

Reproduction

Everything comes from those basics.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interesting: The Shocking True History of Baphomet, the Sabbatic Goat

Basically, Baphomet means Muslim.

ultraculture.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

The most unique and iconic element of Levi’s Baphomet is the head of a goat upon a humanoid body. The goat head was borrowed by Levi from the Egyptian goat-headed deity Banebdjedet, who represented the soul of Osiris. Levi was also inspired by Pan, another goat-headed god equated with primal worship and social taboos of the time.

ultraculture.org...

again, taken from older traditions, which if you look into it, what is claimed about them isn't actually what they were.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join