It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Scrutinizing

No such place.

Alright then. Pack the sweater.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Scrutinizing

No such place.

For your sake, I pray you are right.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am so going to ask them to put in a Cthulhu monument which, if I know my Lord and Savior, will eat the other monuments.

Especially those uber tasty Pastafarian ones.

Nom nom nom.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
She ain’t gonna last long, tonight I’ll see if I can’t swing by on the way to the yard at work and have a gander. Some ole boys will get drunk and do all they can to destroy it.

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Tear that statue down.

Satanism is a joke. Two reasons. They either truly believe in evil, so if so, lynch em. If not, then they're a joke for playing 'devil's advocate' just to prove a religious point to make fun of other religions when they themselves aren't truly religious n believe their BS. Religious anarchists is all they are. Waste of time n space trouble-makers that get their jollys off by pointing out loopholes no better than a corrupt lawyer.

So what are they? True evil or just LARPing attention wh..horses? Either way, as I said, a joke, but on them wasting all that time on this.. 'supposed' point to prove.. my buttocks.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Neil4No1

Tear down the statue they are doing this in reply to then as well.

It's not making fun, looks like that's a common notion here, it is challenging the city's status quo which isn't removing church from state.

Not evil, the tenets were shared on the first page.

LOL LARPing I keep hearing that since the Q discussions:

If it's LARPing then Xtians are too, opposing sides with fake flaming swords!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

As I said, most established religions actually BELIEVE. Attention seeking Satanists tend to be athiests in disguise playing devil's advocate merely to prove a point. Not much different than tha Church of 420 or Jedi religion.

At least the aforementioned groups actually BELIEVE their delusions and do so in a very much more tasteful n less trolling style.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The thing is they do believe, but not the same manner as in with a monotheistic deity. One of their beliefs, separation of church and state, which all of US Americans should be thankful for. However, Theistic Satanists, believe.

Speaking of trolling style, there's quite a few trolling Christians(as an example), not even to mention, The Westboro Baptist Church.
One Source

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oh yeah, no doubt. Those Westboros are whackos as well.

Either way, in my opinion, most groups are misguided people. Satantists, if real ones, are evil, n all others are wanna-be jokers.

And for whatever it may be worth, I'm agnostic that just so happens to believe in a god. I'm just not arrogant enough to assume n know who n what that God is.

Either way, still all I see are political trouble-makin attention seekers, no different than the West..blech..oros you mentioned, heh.

And the more tastefulness n more class n less troll were in regards to groups like Church of 420 n Jedis. Whackos will whack. All others prefer to just live their lives without the need to make a scene, yet some that do want fame, do it a lot better with a lot less shock value.
edit on 18-8-2018 by Neil4No1 because: .

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

In particular,

And the more tastefulness n more class n less troll were in regards to groups like Church of 420 n Jedis. Whackos will whack. All others prefer to just live their lives without the need to make a scene, yet some that do want fame, do it a lot better with a lot less shock value.

Lol I think there's a Flat-Earth Bible and Church now.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

In particular,

Lol I think there's a Flat-Earth Bible and Church now.

Personally, I'd rather children see a statue of the flying spaghetti monster or a turtle holding up a flat-earthed disc right next to the great Atlas statue instead of baphomat, et al.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Probably is a statue for that somewhere-if the thread wasn't mostly dead maybe someone might share it.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Dead Thread?

Inconcievable!

Lemme shine Inigo Montoya back at ya with a mirror.

And like a peanut, I meanut!

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Tada!!

Doesn't quite have that visceral 'ewww' factor that Baph brings out in people. Too many Hammer Horror movies as a kid I suppose...Baph always makes me a little uneasy. It must be a full on jolt to those who take the Bible literally.

edit on 8.18.2018 by Kandinsky because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Good job, thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

FSM looks much cuter than a giant horned symbol of evil lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Tada!!

Doesn't quite have that visceral 'ewww' factor that Baph brings out in people. Too many Hammer Horror movies as a kid I suppose...Baph always makes me a little uneasy. It must be a full on jolt to those who take the Bible literally.

Ahhh, the flying spaghetti monster right next to beautiful French lady liberty..

Now I can't get 'On Top of Spaghetti, All Covered With Cheese' outta my head.
edit on 18-8-2018 by Neil4No1 because: .

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

One of the all time best songs about pasta and tomato sauce-based Italian foods.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Lady liberty is the Roman liberty goddess Libertas.

www.pinterest.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

And around the State Capital building. A building likely full of false leaders. How appropriate that seems to me.

'Likely'?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join