It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic temple sparks uproar by unveiling statue of Baphomet in Arkansas state capitol

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Interesting: The Shocking True History of Baphomet, the Sabbatic Goat

Basically, Baphomet means Muslim.

ultraculture.org...

I posted that link earlier. Baphomet doesn't "mean" anything. It was a bastardization of the name Mohammed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yawn, it was only there for a couple of hours, it sat in the back of a truck the whole time and it’s the size of a garden knome

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The most unique and iconic element of Levi’s Baphomet is the head of a goat upon a humanoid body. The goat head was borrowed by Levi from the Egyptian goat-headed deity Banebdjedet, who represented the soul of Osiris. Levi was also inspired by Pan, another goat-headed god equated with primal worship and social taboos of the time.

ultraculture.org...

again, taken from older traditions, which if you look into it, what is claimed about them isn't actually what they were.

Right!

This ones plain & simple -- outright made up.

The difference is -- it was done at a time of accurate documentation.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mwconno
Yawn, it was only there for a couple of hours, it sat in the back of a truck the whole time and it’s the size of a garden knome

So?

You need a giant Godzilla stomping around to make point?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: Annee
Interesting: The Shocking True History of Baphomet, the Sabbatic Goat

Basically, Baphomet means Muslim.

ultraculture.org...

I posted that link earlier. Baphomet doesn't "mean" anything. It was a bastardization of the name Mohammed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes. I read yours. I might be the only one

Ya might say, I'm putting an explanation point on yours.

Some people have to be hit on the head with a hammer multiple times.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

one story I have read is that Baphomet was kind of a code word, which translated into Sophia-- wisdom. it could have meant that the knights templar had chosen to follow wisdom instead of just following the catholic church/royal families blindly...
or Sophia is kind of an archetype for the gnostics. which I find it feasible that the knights, being in the middle east had the honor to become involved with some of the gnostic groups and adopted some of their beliefs and had nothing to do with muslims at all. in the end, it didn't really matter because the problem that the church/royal families wanted to address was the fact that the knights had accumulated more wealth than them.
so, well, now we have another mythological figure called Baphomet declared to be evil and linked to the devil... so these people must be eliminated!!!
heck, god didn't have to create a satan or devil, man has managed to create them on demand!

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
So apparently offensive statues are only okay if you're trolling the Christians.

I think they're trolling all Abrahamic religions and also anyone who easily gets offended.

And succeeding

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

No there intention is to prove a point. That church and state are separate.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Which church?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

All of them. There is no place for any religion in government. The satanists wouldn't have bothered if there already wasnt a 10 commandments statue.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This whole thread is a train wreck. I can't stop staring even though I know I should.

The caduceus is a phallic symbol. Phallic imagery is rife in ancient traditions. Wands, swords, and ffs trees are used as symbols of the penis. Which is a symbol of fertility. Which once upon a time was a symbol for wisdom. I'd argue that the caduceus is a three-fold phallic symbol: A wand intertwined with two serpents. I dunno how much more phallic you could get.

Old religions had a common factor: Obsession with fertility. If anyone would like to argue the opposite, as if some new-age cult filled a large potion of the ancient world, feel free. The fact is that penises and vaginas were a very important part of life in the ancient world. Not unlike today.

I find it obvious that the baphomet is being used as a ironic Jesus. Seriously. How many images of Jesus do we have with "suffer the children unto me" as a trope? The image of Jesus with kids in his lap is quite old. I guess we could argue that this is a literal image and not a metaphor. But that would be kinda dumb. Having the phallus as a center point of their attention is SUPER awesome, considering the recent (and age-old) cases of child sexual abuse by Catholic (christian) priests. If that was accidental, wow.

It seems like the joke is lost on many, and maybe even myself. But I think the above is a bit more attune to the actual reality of the situation rather than the random ignorance displayed in this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Much closer to the point than the majority have brought to this thread. Old symbols and imagery live on despite interpretation. The goat (one of our first domesticated animals) mixed with a man and woman. A christian created this image, perhaps through knowledge or interpretation. The image is a faux representation of paganism. There were plenty of "horned god" types across Europe and Asia, which this image may well represent.

Regardless, the symbolism of Baphomet may be up for debate for some. Others, it's obvious, though perhaps more nuanced than most think.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao
snakes are a symbol of wisdom, the tree of life in the garden very well could have represented the goddess, just as the jews were ordered to take out the groves where those pagans worshipped the goddesses of old. the phallic symbols seem to come in just as the goddess religions were being wiped out. the story of the garden of eden may very well be the first propaganda invented by mankind, serving to demonize not only the goddesses but also the female half of the human race.

there was much more going on in the most ancient religions than just fertility. there was the procession of the seasons and their way of keeping track of the time so they could predict just what time of year it was, when to plant, ect. it's not by chance that christ was born supposedly around the winter solstice that marked the time when the sun would stop falling lower and lower in the sky and start to rise again, renewed. or that he was supposedly crucified around the time of the spring equinox, a time of rebirth. and then there's that zodiak, that seems to be timeless, that so many myths have been written about the characters within it. a calendar that consists of something like 36,000 years or something like that. why ancient people needed a calendar that spanned so many years, have no idea but maybe somewhere they left us a clue and what they left was for our benefit more than theirs?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Third and final reply spam:

You're completely correct. Baphomet, originally, was propaganda against a powerful foe: the Templars.

Regardless, the statue is innocuous at best and inflammatory at worst. I don't think these debil warshippers were meaning to lead humans astray, more that they're highlighting the hypocrisy of a separation of church and state that is highlighted by the hallmark orders of a certain religion.

Just explaining my position.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I won't argue with the main part of your post: Women ruled the world until men figured out their junk was required for reproduction.

I will state this: Fertility is wisdom. From both the male and female perspective. To nuance my argument: The phallic symbols represent the male portion of wisdom. The gynic symbols (Cups, Pentacles, etc) represent the female portion.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The gynic symbols (Cups, Pentacles, etc) represent the female portion.

I can see the cups as feminine, but not sure about the pentacles.. I mean, it's not like we've been bestowed control over the money for most of history or thought of being wise in that area.. wands would seem to be more fitting, ya know, creativity, communication, ect. this of course, is taking the tarot meanings of the four suits.. I am guessing you are taking it from some other source.
for the gnostics, sophia was wisdom, and a feminine power. not really sure how wisdom relates to fertility though, unless you are looking at it from the viewpoint that sometimes it might not be wise to be as fertile as the bunnies in the garden lest your garden doesn't produce enough for all the little mouths you create.

edit on 19-8-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Imagine a certain sexual position- not saying that men can't fit it ;-). But seriously, to me the classic pentacle represents the feminine in the most acquiescent posture. Much more powerful than cups (again, in my opinion) when it comes to instinct and worldly knowledge.

I don't want to drift. The Baphomet is a powerful modern symbol of union. Whether it is between man and woman, mankind and beast or otherwise.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
okay, back on topic...

????? I guess aretha franklin didn't die recently?? really does this make sense to anyone?

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Foolish humans
Is there anything you do that is not hypocrisy?
Firstly theres no argument here.

It's unconstitutional!
Separation of church and state...
No argument !!!!
Secondly u may have your freedom of- speech to argue your point in any argument.
Religion is not political !
It was hypocrisy to even build this first statute and a waste of everyone's money and time to even have the idea to build it
Build it on your own land they can build there's next door call it Christmas I mean xmax ha-ha

edit on 20-8-2018 by RonnyP95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I want to thank-you for making me laugh today.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join