It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What is the estimated bill going to be for road repairs? I imagine there will be a lot of busted pipes with that.

I have never met a soldier that said they enjoyed parades. As a veteran, I feel for the soldiers that have to put up this #.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's kind of disgusting that a man who never served and actually got out of service would hold a military parade, and let's get this straight, for his own ego.

Patriotism isn't in a parade.

Perhaps he just wants to dust off his old school uniform and march at the front! Trump in the middle.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am sure there will be plenty of Liberals lining the roads along the parade route burning American flags and taking a knee.
Maybe some Antifa fools will show up and they can be dealt with properly.
A military parade by Trump is reason #5,312,678,007 for Liberals to lose their minds.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Is that the time he twisted his ankle and had to get a medical deferment? You'd have 4 or 5 different choices....

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

A parade is not just for the vets. It is also for all those currently serving and their families. A celebration of their sacrifice to ensure so many more can enjoy their freedom and liberties here in America.

We have holidays that are memorials and recognize vets...yet, we fail to celebrate those who are and will be serving our country. America needs a reminder that our military is 24/7 and not some distant past service history. A parade recognizes our appreciation for those who serve and will serve for the betterment of America.

A celebratory parade is perfect!
edit on 8 16 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sounds Fair . I would Suggest though that the DNC Chip in to Cover that Cost of such a Patriotic Display of AMERICAN PRIDE . If Not , then We All Know where the DNC and All their Minions Can Go...............

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

bull#. Don't know if you simply clueless or lying, but don't claim the parade is for the military or its soldiers. If you want to honor them don't make them march in 40% degree weather away from family and friends. This parade is only for ego and not the ego of those who have actually served.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I will agree, that most service men hope and pray that they don't have to actually fight or suffer through a battle. That is human nature. Many regret it after battle. Some never even see the battle.

Yet, they all enlisted and signed up to defend American values. All should be applauded for their dedicated service and should be celebrated. Most Americans go about their daily lives simply enjoying the freedom and liberties we have. If those who serve in the military were not there to step up to the plate at a minutes notice...America as we know it would be gone.

A parade celebrating these individuals would assist in more Americans recognizing this fact and thus, ensure that our Vets will be more recognized.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I hope this parade extends straight down Pennsylvania Ave. And ends in a coup. Hollywood couldn't write it better.

The dumbest comment award goes to you.

Why on earth would you want a legitimately elected president removed via military coup? Are you from South America or something? That ain't how we do this here.

Take it from this soldier, you dont want the military running things.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

It's kind of disgusting that a man who never served and actually got out of service would hold a military parade, and let's get this straight, for his own ego.

Patriotism isn't in a parade.

And your point was?

Obama killed Bin Laden all by himself.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What's he got to rent the vehicles from the Department of Offense?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have never met a soldier that said they enjoyed parades. As a veteran, I feel for the soldiers that have to put up this #.

I bunch of macho men getting to strut their rutt, and they'd be opposed to it? Uh huh.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

showing the world how big your piece is takes a lot of money.
his is the biggest.

The $92 million cost estimate includes security, transportation of parade assets, aircraft, as well as temporary duty for troops. The official also noted that while the size and scope of the military parade can still shift, the plans currently include approximately eight tanks, as well as other armored vehicles, including Bradleys, Strykers and M113s.

The ceremony is said to be largely inspired by Trump's front-row seat at France's Bastille Day military parade in Paris.

"It was a tremendous day, and to a large extent because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4 in Washington down Pennsylvania Avenue," Trump said. "We're going to have to try to top it, but we have a lot of planes going over and a lot of military might, and it was really a beautiful thing to see, and representatives from different wars and different uniforms,

he sounds like a giant man baby.

just how it comes off. maybe its the slant.

I think that the orange wig wearing man baby wants a war to go with his presidency. I think that's why the budget is being increased. The fool is preparing for something that neither he nor his loved ones will partake in.

Good luck guys, he's flushing your country down the toilet to satisfy his ego.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah , God Forbid the President Reminds All Americans that We Are Still Great , and Western Civilization along with US . Go Suck a Lemon Sourpuss ! .........

edit on 16-8-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

A parade celebrating these individuals would assist in more Americans recognizing this fact and thus, ensure that our Vets will be more recognized.

I don't need Trump's "Biggie" parade for that.

Trump's parade is about Trump.

I do celebrate and go to local city/state Veteran parades.

Those parade are actually about what they're for.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: TinySickTears

showing the world how big your piece is takes a lot of money.
his is the biggest.

The $92 million cost estimate includes security, transportation of parade assets, aircraft, as well as temporary duty for troops. The official also noted that while the size and scope of the military parade can still shift, the plans currently include approximately eight tanks, as well as other armored vehicles, including Bradleys, Strykers and M113s.

The ceremony is said to be largely inspired by Trump's front-row seat at France's Bastille Day military parade in Paris.

"It was a tremendous day, and to a large extent because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4 in Washington down Pennsylvania Avenue," Trump said. "We're going to have to try to top it, but we have a lot of planes going over and a lot of military might, and it was really a beautiful thing to see, and representatives from different wars and different uniforms,

he sounds like a giant man baby.

just how it comes off. maybe its the slant.

I think that the orange wig wearing man baby wants a war to go with his presidency. I think that's why the budget is being increased. The fool is preparing for something that neither he nor his loved ones will partake in.

Good luck guys, he's flushing your country down the toilet to satisfy his ego.

That wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

" Trump's parade is about Trump. "

No , it's About US . WE ARE TRUMP , TRUMP Is US...............

MAGA , 2018 BELIEVE !

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
That's what get me. We have already paid for the military hardware and we are already paying the soldiers, so gas, food and lodging is $92 million. Or maybe it's the wash, wax and / or paint?

Did they have a war planned that day that was going to be interrupted?

Did they have something better to do?

I don't buy any arguments on wear and tear of equipment because they replace stuff as soon as a newer gadget is available.

Who wouldn't like to see tanks rolling down the streets of a liberal city like D.C.

Most of the expenses would have been paid anyway. For example for the parade they will day well before the parade we will do some drilling to get them into shape. So they take 7 days of training for say 250000 troops. Plus another 7 for the parade and cleanup. Now we have the pay of 250000 for half a month Now either way they we're getting paid. But now you can assign their pay to an event. Fuel again all ready purchased but of course will need to be replaced though fuel would be used for training. Bottom line money would be spent anyway its just a matter of what excuse they will spend it on.

When military tries to say how much something will cost its never near reality because their services were never designed to be build out.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

A parade is not just for the vets. It is also for all those currently serving and their families.

Speaking as someone from a military family, no it isn't.

It's a military parade in Washington DC to show off. It's about armament, not about us. It doesn't celebrate our sacrifices. It's showing off technology.

We have holidays that are memorials and recognize vets...yet, we fail to celebrate those who are and will be serving our country.

This might be true in communities that have no military base nearby. We acknowledge and honor servicemen in a lot of places with things like military discounts or special services (if you fly, you may notice areas for military that have special facilities and services including services for families)

America needs a reminder that our military is 24/7 and not some distant past service history. A parade recognizes our appreciation for those who serve and will serve for the betterment of America.

A celebratory parade is perfect!

What would be perfect (speaking as a military family member) would be a pay raise (many military families need food stamps and other types of assistance) and money for veterans' services. We need veterans (Not members of a wealthy golf club) deciding our Veterans' Affairs priorities. We need school lunch program for hungry children of military families. We need equipment overhaul and repair.... etc, etc.

Those would be perfect ways to honor our service members. A number of those could be addressed with the money that's proposed for the parade (and the money needed to clean up and repair the streets, etc, afterward.)

But the parade? No.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: CynConcepts

bull#. Don't know if you simply clueless or lying, but don't claim the parade is for the military or its soldiers. If you want to honor them don't make them march in 40% degree weather away from family and friends. This parade is only for ego and not the ego of those who have actually served.

Now this post is bullsnip.

Unless you are saying that a gay pride parade is not for gay people?

The Pegasus Parade has nothing to do with the Derbies?

That a Rose Bowl parade is not for football fans? Well, and everyone else now.

Of course it is for those that have served and those that currently serve to have a parade in their honor.

I would as a Vet be honored to be included in the parade, for those brothers and sisters that died, for family members that served, for those serving now.

And wtf is 40% weather... we have weather 40% of the time that day?

You have no damn clue what you are talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join