It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Annee
I hope no one shows up.

I hope those who think this is a useless "Flash & Bang" to make Trump feel Biggie -- boycott it.

Hope all you want. Will not change anything.

I see what you did there....

I have no idea what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Amen.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I think this will be a good thing for vets. Show them that they themselves are appreciated.

I fail to see how a display of military might will make Vets feel appreciated.

Have to ask then... when did you serve and what branch?

Since you seem to have some insight on the topic...

Let's see here, 21 million vets in the USA splitting up 100 million dollars. That's roughly 5 $ a piece.

Normally I'd say just give the $ to the vets as a bonus but a 5$ bonus is a slap in the face.
Sigh... we are so bankrupt.

Give the money to the VA, they could use it.

I always talk about cutting military spending, but I never want that to be taken from troops or vets. Just end the damn failing wars already.

link   

I think this will be a good thing for vets. Show them that they themselves are appreciated.

Let's see here, 21 million vets in the USA splitting up 100 million dollars. That's roughly 5 $ a piece.

Normally I'd say just give the $ to the vets as a bonus but a 5$ bonus is a slap in the face.

No, its just that every 4-8 years certain politicians decide that someone crossing the border illegally is more important than someone that fought for the country.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seagull

How was the VA run under Obama?

In a word? Poorly.

But the Obama administration was hardly unique in that. When my Dad would go for his regular checkups at the VA, a 9 AM appointment would sometimes, if he was truly unlucky, be around 11 AM. Usually, it was around 10 AM. That was during the Bush II, and Obama admins. So...it's hardly only Obama.

Never thought to actually defend, however reluctantly, Obama...

And the time frame is worthy of complaint ?
Been a long time since you been to a regular doctor's office , huh ?
Oh , wait.
The wait has been there for all my 6+ decades.
Probably longer.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

As a combat Vet I always get a kick out of people who have never served assuming that they know how I feel about a subject.

So just thought I would ask the poster where they are coming from, so to speak.

Obama never gave a crap about Vets. Neither did Bush. Or Clinton.

This time around I'm seeing a President that is at least trying to do something.

Got a card in the mail earlier this year... now I can go and see a doctor of my choosing, instead of waiting 6 months to drive 400 miles for some hack to give me 3 prescriptions that I won't take.

And for the record, I think a parade would be a fine idea.

Liberals hate the thought... someone trying to reunite the citizenry and actually be proud of their country?

The horror!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Southern Guardian

We're taking pages out of the Soviet playbook?

It's a waste of money but nothing new. The military has been giving the NFL millions to promote patriotism.

Yeah but that's a bargain compared to a parade.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

As a combat Vet I always get a kick out of people who have never served assuming that they know how I feel about a subject.

This time around I'm seeing a President that is at least trying to do something.

Got a card in the mail earlier this year... now I can go and see a doctor of my choosing, instead of waiting 6 months to drive 400 miles for some hack to give me 3 prescriptions that I won't take.

Liberals hate the thought... someone trying to reunite the citizenry and actually be proud of their country?

The horror!!!!

Amen.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

Again , you leave out a most important word
This time , the word "proposed"
And an emphasis should be placed on estimate
"They are my numbers . I will do them as I please" - me (long story)

edit on 8/16/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The horror!!!!

Perfect riposte

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

It's a waste of money but nothing new. The military has been giving the NFL millions to promote patriotism.

How so? I don't like either, but how do you figure? We've been doing it with the NFL for decades, and to be honest, that's not where it stops.

I point it out because this is one of the issues I am most adamant about.

I see issues get bastardized and politicized on a consistent basis all for leverage and cannonfodder. Truth is most people don't care. Party above principles.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

How so? I don't like either, but how do you figure? We've been doing it with the NFL for decades, and to be honest, that's not where it stops.

I see issues get bastardized and politicized on a consistent basis all for leverage and cannonfodder. Truth is most people don't care. Party above principles.

The ads and marketing on the NFL are probably the biggest recruiting thing our military does. I think it's effective whether we like it or not. As long as we have a military, they will have to recruit.

One Parade though just doesn't have the marketing power. that's all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's when you throw in the whataboutism like: Obama's presidential library is estimated at 500 million! ( simply type into Google: 'Obama Library cost') Egad! Whose ego is really bigger? What in the world could the US do with half a billion dollars?

Yes, I asked my husband, who is a vet, navy E5, and he has all kinds of awesome medals from when he served during Libya line of death. He actually is looking forward to the idea of an awesome parade in DC.

It surprised me, since he didn't vote for Trump. Yet, he thinks this parade is something America needs. Let's just tell Obama he can only spend 408 million on his silly Presidential Library and then cover the costs for the parade!

We all will be winners!

edit on 8 16 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The ads and marketing on the NFL are probably the biggest recruiting thing our military does. I think it's effective whether we like it or not. As long as we have a military, they will have to recruit.

One Parade though just doesn't have the marketing power. that's all I'm saying.

Touche, whenever I see millions in reference to military I just see drops in the lake.... Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

link   
If you think the parade is over budget wait until you get the bill for the wall........and you will be getting the bill for the wall.

link   

Cost Less than a Mueller witch hunt. Not bad!

edit on 8/16/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It just seems really soviet era Russian to me. Not a witch hunt, it's that they used to do it all the time.

I could be wrong and this could be the best thing that ever happened to the country, but....

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The VA is for veterans, it's not a 'public' hospital, where waits can be expected.

It was set up for the medical care of folks just like my late father. Empty waiting rooms, or virtually, and still a two hour wait? You see nothing wrong with this? Really?

Oddly enough, I was more offended than my Dad was, lots more, since he wasn't at all.

I guess the old adage of "hurry up, and wait" is applicable.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

For the Vets? really? How about fixing them for the wars they've already fought?

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

A "true warrior" doesn't want to fight and when/if they must, they regret it, all of it.

And if someone thinks they 'deserve accolades' because they "served" and then You find out the guy served His hitch setting pins at the bowling alley at Ft. Dix, BFD. Wear Your service hat, go to Applebees™ on Veteran's Day to get Your half-off meal.. Don't forget the copious bumper stickers and flags for Your personal veh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join