It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Unfortunately, our representatives, media, and many non-service citizens need something like a celebratory parade to remind them. Remind them of our power, might, and innovation.

The last administration was making military cuts like crazy! The Vets did not see any benefit. Many Americans were forced to buy insurance they didn't want nor need and it did not help the veterans.

Seriously, Americans do need to find pride in America (including our military) or else, we will no longer have anything left to be proud of.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1
that was embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
Look at the price tag...

Congressman spend more on sexual assault slush funds.,

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have just seen a tweet that it is postponed ? Until 2019
twitter.com...

edit on 16 8 2018 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Whats funny is the Dems were suggesting a military parade when Obama was in office.

What has changed now? Oh yeah Trump

The cry baby hypocrisy is astounding..

edit on 16-8-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

In 2014, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called for a welcome home ticker-tape parade for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, calling it a “longstanding American tradition.” “With the war in Afghanistan winding down, now is the time to keep with longstanding American tradition and kick off a campaign for the first New York City welcome home parade for troops that served in Iraq and Afghanistan,” Schumer, now the Senate minority leader, said, according to The New York Daily News. … But Schumer wasn’t the only Democrat who once backed a military parade. Liberal New York Mayor Bill de Blasio backed Schumer’s call at the time, saying the Big Apple would proudly host such an event: “The brave men and women who have selflessly served our nation with courage and skill in Iraq and Afghanistan deserve a recognition for their sacrifice,” de Blasio said. “I stand with Senator Schumer in his call for a parade to honor our veteran heroes, and New York City would be proud to host this important event.”

At this point I just laugh at them..

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gibberly gobbily gook! Spelling Nazi and penny pinchers who seem to have no outcry about spending 500 million dollars for a silly presidential library for OBAMA! But Lordy, Lordy don't spend 92 million on celebrating our current innovative, brave and loyal military defense.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Gibberly gobbily gook! Spelling Nazi and penny pinchers who seem to have no outcry about spending 500 million dollars for a silly presidential library for OBAMA! But Lordy, Lordy don't spend 92 million on celebrating our current innovative, brave and loyal military defense.

Oh, that makes it OK then...

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The thing is, people would use the parade to passive-aggressive attack the troops. They don't need to be beat on any more than they already are.

Most on the left could probably give a flying #### about vets or active duty servicemen and women.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
that was embarrassing.

Which part?

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The thing is, people would use the parade to passive-aggressive attack the troops. They don't need to be beat on any more than they already are.

Most on the left could probably give a flying #### about vets or active duty servicemen and women.

Just my opinion.

I wasnt thinking about that slant.. It has merit for sure..But I think there will be alot more people (alot more) praising them and thanking them..

ALOT MORE..

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
What better way to instill a sense of patriotism than to host an $80 million plus military parade I guess? We're taking pages out of the Soviet playbook?

President Donald Trump's military parade this fall is shaping up to cost $80 million more than initially estimated.

The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.

Source

Well I guess it's a drop in the bucket compared to the entire defense budget? You know? The one we'll be increasing by a further $192 billion over the next few years? Is this even coming out of that budget I wonder? I wasn't even aware there was a green light given for this military parade? Why is Trump worried about having a military parade and not his campaign promises like that $12 billion Mexican wall that Mexico is supposed to pay for? Aren't there more pressing issues to deal with and focus tax payer money on? like the financially broken Veterans Affairs Department? So many questions ya know? It baffles the mind.

Any US soldiers here remember doing marching training in uniform by formation of hundreds..like N.K?

Or were you focusing on training to fight for our country?

Seriously wondering...and thanks in advance.

edit on 16-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Whats funny is the Dems were suggesting a military parade when Obama was in office.

What has changed now? Oh yeah Trump

The cry baby hypocrisy is astounding..

In 2014, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called for a welcome home ticker-tape parade for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, calling it a “longstanding American tradition.” “With the war in Afghanistan winding down, now is the time to keep with longstanding American tradition and kick off a campaign for the first New York City welcome home parade for troops that served in Iraq and Afghanistan,” Schumer, now the Senate minority leader, said, according to The New York Daily News. … But Schumer wasn’t the only Democrat who once backed a military parade. Liberal New York Mayor Bill de Blasio backed Schumer’s call at the time, saying the Big Apple would proudly host such an event: “The brave men and women who have selflessly served our nation with courage and skill in Iraq and Afghanistan deserve a recognition for their sacrifice,” de Blasio said. “I stand with Senator Schumer in his call for a parade to honor our veteran heroes, and New York City would be proud to host this important event.”

At this point I just laugh at them..

What's changed? The answer to your question is in the thread TITLE!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Annee

" Trump's parade is about Trump. "

No , it's About US . WE ARE TRUMP , TRUMP Is US...............

MAGA , 2018 BELIEVE !

At least you are not claiming it is for the soldiers.

NO soldier wants to waste his time and energy marching dress right dress for some high n mighty muckity muck.

Unless soldiers have seriously changed they don't like anything remotely close to what amounts to an inspection.

LOL yeah you are probably right.. I mean they wouldnt possibly like Americans lining the street to cheer and thank and celebrate them.

What a stupid ass comment.

Yes, yours is a stupid ass comment.

You speak like it is some gay pride parade or something. Which is what I expect from someone who has never served. As a vet I don't need any damn parade to celebrate what I did and when I was a soldier parade were a huge pain in the ass.

You want to celebrate soldiers then send them care packs for overseas and state side just buy them a drink if you see them in a bar. Most of my buddies and I back then didn't even care much for people to come up and say thanks for your service. Yeah it was sort of nice I knew they had good intentions and could feel how earnest they were, but it always made me a little uncomfortable especially some of the questions that were innocent on their part.

Yet you think we want some big arse parade well that is just stupid. A welcoming parade wouldn't have been bad coming back from a deployment, but this isn't that. Don't make assumptions on what soldiers or veterans would want you should just go and ask them. I am pretty damn sure a parade will not be on the list, it sure as hell isn't for me.

edit on 16-8-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just my opinion.

Truly, it is not about present day citizens...our future is in our youth. Too many are becoming disrespectful and are clueless about who defends our freedom. The media spin says military is deplorable! They are awashed in proproganda telling them that military is bad. It isn't.

It is necessary to ensure our freedoms. Veterans and memorial parades have been history as far as my grandsons understand. Society, today, does not assist in installing into my grandsons that it is because brave and at times heroic men step up and serve...is the only reason they are able to have so many freedoms.

As a grandma...I am considered old by these boys. I have no clue. Times have changed. Sigh. I can only hope they are right. For me....Trump has provided a change. I am hoping he can reach out to the youngest generations to ensure they understand that freedom of liberty is never really free.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Gothmog

The VA is for veterans, it's not a 'public' hospital, where waits can be expected.

It was set up for the medical care of folks just like my late father. Empty waiting rooms, or virtually, and still a two hour wait? You see nothing wrong with this? Really?

Oddly enough, I was more offended than my Dad was, lots more, since he wasn't at all.

I guess the old adage of "hurry up, and wait" is applicable.

I personally know what a VA hospital is . The explanation was wasted on me.
The reason , I would expect someone to complain about the QUALITY of care.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

Priceless.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
I have just seen a tweet that it is postponed ? Until 2019
twitter.com...

CNBC is also reporting that it's been postponed.

"The Department of Defense and White House have been planning a parade to honor America's military veterans and commemorate the centennial of World War I. We originally targeted November 10, 2018 for this event but have now agreed to explore opportunities in 2019."
www.cnbc.com...

Maybe by that time the Space Force will be front and center!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To the point of the article, I'm all for this parade 😁

Lots of business and tons of patriotic things to do, another day of fun.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, that's what I thought 😏

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Priceless.

Obviously, Russian hackers took it down.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join