It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's military parade estimated to cost $92 million, $80 million more than earlier estimate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What better way to instill a sense of patriotism than to host an $80 million plus military parade I guess? We're taking pages out of the Soviet playbook?

President Donald Trump's military parade this fall is shaping up to cost $80 million more than initially estimated.

The Department of Defense and its interagency partners have updated their perspective cost estimates for the parade, according to a U.S. defense official with firsthand knowledge of the assessment. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The parade, slated for Nov. 10, is estimated to cost $92 million, the official said. The figure consists of $50 million from the Pentagon and $42 million from interagency partners such as the Department of Homeland Security. An initial estimate last month pegged the prospective cost for the parade at $12 million.

Source

Well I guess it's a drop in the bucket compared to the entire defense budget? You know? The one we'll be increasing by a further $192 billion over the next few years? Is this even coming out of that budget I wonder? I wasn't even aware there was a green light given for this military parade? Why is Trump worried about having a military parade and not his campaign promises like that $12 billion Mexican wall that Mexico is supposed to pay for? Aren't there more pressing issues to deal with and focus tax payer money on? like the financially broken Veterans Affairs Department? So many questions ya know? It baffles the mind.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

showing the world how big your piece is takes a lot of money.
his is the biggest.

The $92 million cost estimate includes security, transportation of parade assets, aircraft, as well as temporary duty for troops. The official also noted that while the size and scope of the military parade can still shift, the plans currently include approximately eight tanks, as well as other armored vehicles, including Bradleys, Strykers and M113s.

The ceremony is said to be largely inspired by Trump's front-row seat at France's Bastille Day military parade in Paris.

"It was a tremendous day, and to a large extent because of what I witnessed, we may do something like that on July 4 in Washington down Pennsylvania Avenue," Trump said. "We're going to have to try to top it, but we have a lot of planes going over and a lot of military might, and it was really a beautiful thing to see, and representatives from different wars and different uniforms,

he sounds like a giant man baby.

just how it comes off. maybe its the slant.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

We're taking pages out of the Soviet playbook?

It's a waste of money but nothing new. The military has been giving the NFL millions to promote patriotism.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I hope this parade extends straight down Pennsylvania Ave. And ends in a coup. Hollywood couldn't write it better.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a waste of money but nothing new.

So this means we should ignore tax payer money being wasted? Because hey, it's always been done right? Always will be?

Lovely response there Critical. Don't want to anger others. Nice and safe.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

So this means we should ignore tax payer money being wasted? Because hey, it's always been done right? Always will be?

I think I was rather clear it's a waste of money. Read 99% of what I say about military spending and foreign projection, I'm consistent on that. I hope it gets blocked, it's pointless.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think I was rather clear it's a waste of money.

Yes, by deflecting to other times money was wasted by the military, away from the OP, the topic. This was never up for debate.

Nice and safe, steady as it goes. We don't want to offend others now do we? Can't handle that.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's kind of disgusting that a man who never served and actually got out of service would hold a military parade, and let's get this straight, for his own ego.

Patriotism isn't in a parade.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nice and safe, steady as it goes. We don't want to offend others now do we? Can't handle that.

Haha, nope, just showing I've known about these shenanigans since before it was cool to point them out, ya know, cause the orange guy is doing it too.

6 trillion has been spent on wars since 2001. I've been critical of it before the name Trump showed up in the articles.

Glad to see people starting to bitch about it now

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What costs are directly related to the military? (Not diplomats’ costs)

Couldn’t they theoretically keep the costs to normal (training) spending except for extra fuel? (Which I will assume is pretty spendy, just to start...)

What other expenditures are there?

We gonna be blowing things up?

edit on 8/16/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It's so refreshing to see such fiscally conservative people after 8 years of Obama!

Now if we took this approach to ALL the wasteful spending in DC, then we might get somewhere!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Just imagine how much good that 80 million could do if it was allocated to supporting the veterans who suffer from serious mental health issues, due to their military service.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That's what get me. We have already paid for the military hardware and we are already paying the soldiers, so gas, food and lodging is $92 million. Or maybe it's the wash, wax and / or paint?

Did they have a war planned that day that was going to be interrupted?

Did they have something better to do?

I don't buy any arguments on wear and tear of equipment because they replace stuff as soon as a newer gadget is available.

Who wouldn't like to see tanks rolling down the streets of a liberal city like D.C.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

You want a military coup?

Really?

You want the guys with the guns makin' the decisions, huh?

May I suggest you give that a bit more thought??

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OMG a parade.

How evil he is..

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It warms my cockles seeing how fiscally conservative Liberals all of a sudden can be.

There's still hope for them.

Only 8 Tanks in the Parade?

We need more Tanks! (In my best Christopher Walken imitation)

edit on 16-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hahaha when I saw the title I thought "Southern Guardian"!

Clicked on the thread just to see if I was right...
I was!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

SoOo....

You're a liberal that is upset about taxpayer money being spent?

You never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Keep posting... work harder!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think this will be a good thing for vets. Show them that they themselves are appreciated.

And I love how most liberals only care about the VA when its politically convenient. How was the VA run under Obama?

Just another day appealing to emotion eh SG?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Just imagine how much good that 80 million could do if it was allocated to supporting the veterans who suffer from serious mental health issues, due to their military service.

Imagine a time when liberals actually cared about the topic.

Which Trump has been making inroads on, BTW.

Oh wait... it's faux outrage year for all things Trump!!! So liberals pick a topic that was never solved (or even addressed) while they were in power, make it Trump's fault then walk around all outraged.

Carry on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join