It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

He is going to lose in the clinch and get dominated on the ground. Every minute that passes conors chances of winning go down. He will become less precise. Less accurate. Less power.
Like I said man, Chad Mendes got him down easily and was pounding on him. Conor won but it was not easy.
Nate worked him on the ground as well.

Can't wait. My khabib shirt is on the way.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

He is going to lose in the clinch and get dominated on the ground. Every minute that passes conors chances of winning go down. He will become less precise. Less accurate. Less power.
Like I said man, Chad Mendes got him down easily and was pounding on him. Conor won but it was not easy.
Nate worked him on the ground as well.

Can't wait. My khabib shirt is on the way.

My prediction is conner is training the counter back pedal and looking for a flash ko.

Which makes round one exciting. Unless conner goes down. Then it may get ugly quick. Khabib doesn't have little mendez t Rex arms or punches on the ground.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That a his only option.
Hit khabib when he is coming in and hope it lands flush.

I need to find out if khabibs dad is going to be there. If his father is there then conors chances drop more.

Plus look who khabib has training him and who he trains with every day.
Conor does not have that.

Conor is loyal to sbg and I get it but he needs to get on the ground with some high level guys.

Maybe go to victory and roll around with Dean lister or hit atos and roll with Keenan and Galvao.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Problem is he can't get good enough for it to matter but you are correct he need to learn that pressure. His hopes would be defensive. Not going down and getting used to stalling and bobbing on the ground if he does go down.

I don't think he can get good enough in the transition game for it to matter. Probably better off with the lyoto approach. Tag and point don't get caught do lot of sumo to get away from the clench.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Problem is he can't get good enough for it to matter but you are correct he need to learn that pressure. His hopes would be defensive. Not going down and getting used to stalling and bobbing on the ground if he does go down.

I don't think he can get good enough in the transition game for it to matter. Probably better off with the lyoto approach. Tag and point don't get caught do lot of sumo to get away from the clench.

That's true. He will never catch up. He can try to avoid as much damage as possible. You're right with the lyoto approach. Throw and then move. If khabib clinches try to break contact and scramble out.
When he fought nate he was flustered and he is the one that shot for the takedown. He needs to not do that. The plan should be avoid the clinch and ground at all costs. I'm sure it will be. He is a fairly intelligent fighter. Styles make fights though. Just so happens Khabib has a style of heavy too pressure and getting to a smash position. Not good for mac.

I can't link now but check out bjjscout channel. He has a study on conor and Khabib. He shows a lot of nuances

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

That's true. He will never catch up. He can try to avoid as much damage as possible. You're right with the lyoto approach. Throw and then move. If khabib clinches try to break contact and scramble out.
When he fought nate he was flustered and he is the one that shot for the takedown. He needs to not do that. The plan should be avoid the clinch and ground at all costs. I'm sure it will be. He is a fairly intelligent fighter. Styles make fights though. Just so happens Khabib has a style of heavy too pressure and getting to a smash position. Not good for mac.

I can't link now but check out bjjscout channel. He has a study on conor and Khabib. He shows a lot of nuances

Totally, nerd stuff bro! Love fighting for the chess evolution aspect. Unlike other sports it's so variable nothing a person does is safe from exploitation.

Watching that front kick to the knee shin and calf, evolve to hammer fighters with great footwork is interesting. Then people will use a counter pivot to fake the front leg out to catch the kicker with one leg in the air....etc. you can never be safe with your database and coaching anymore.

Unfortunately the ufc has taken a dump on the sport of mma and it has stagnated a bit with the matchmaking and "bracket" (less) style.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have in my sordid youth had lots of street-fights...over 30.....and it is what it is....never lost a tooth never knocked out never had my nose broken bent but not broken....hurt myself hands/elbows/knees/body more than was hurt by others....I was running a 4.6 40 yard dash @ 5''7-- 195lbs....all different opponents of all weight classes and experience levels from farmboys to Oil Rig workers to Bar Bullys and whatever else rolled my way including some who tried to use weapons you see it all boils down to transition points and anticipating managing recognising and exploiting them ASAP..he who does so first wins EVERY TIME...you can force it or accept it and build your approach off of either focus but transition points in any conflict will occur by proxy... the key is initiation and recognition.... you have to look to initiate to control pace and momentum hence outcome...but you must recognise your opponents intentions lest your own intentions be utilised against you...and these dynamics happen at INSTINCTUAL SPEEDS...meaning you aren't thinking normally you are not planning normally you are executing a pre-planned PATTERN of muscle twitches....the key to winning any fight in any arena in any sport is to slap the right template down and act upon it expeditiously....and you might have to do this repeatedly if you cannot win with the first sequence you manage....every time you engage its the same generic process.

Most of those fights lasted less than 1-2 minutes....so I don't know squat compared to trained fighters.I didnt have any training....however I was an elite Athlete and played many sports...and understood competative dynamics and going all-in all the time in a controlled fury of tactical planning . Not being touched while I touched at will was ingrained in my brain already because I was a shrimp growing up but couldn't stop myself from competing and getting into conflictive situations.

Any of these guys would have destroyed me in my youthfull prime of that I am sure...because they ALL use the exact same principals and planning and execution that I used....but on an ELITE LEVEL on a PROFESSIONAL level....they are fast-forward and I was slow-motion compared to the least of these guys in fact I am sure lots of the women Fighers would ave cleaned my clock on the best of my days....lol......however the winning formula remains the same...and once you get the gut feel of it you never lose it...its like riding a bike...you can just NEVER EVER REACH THE ELITE levels of competition or execution but you sure as heck know what woud work if it could be executed and you sure as hades can easily identify habits and patterns you can exploit.

Its one thing to observe and gain experience by memorising patterns people you watch utilise but it is an entirely different thing to have had hands on personal experience FEELING what the men executing these patterns are feeling because this leads you to learn how and what they are thinking...and fighting is always a very very cerebral dynamic.Anticipation is critical hence intuition and empathy are critical.

The only person in the world who knows who will win any fight is one of the two men getting into it....right now one of those two men knows he will win and he knows exactly how he will do it...one of them will by sheer willpower MANIFEST a sequence of favourable dynamics and will WIN THE FIGHT as they are envisioning it right now today.

I would have been much more worried about Conors mobility speed and power than Khabibs groundgame...everyone learns to fight from the ground up wether they like it or not...but once everyone gets the basics down then it becomes a different animal and the striking game comes into play....then you have to WORK YOUR WAY TO THE GROUND...and to do that you must GIVE SOMETHING UP ...dynamiclly and risk wise.I always shot first...taking it to the ground and breaking something on my opponent ASAP...unless it was a gross disadvantage to me like a guy over 6'3 and over 250lbs because shooting on him gets you crushed into the pavement like a bug and permanently damaged in all likelihood...I got picked up once by the shoulders of my leather jacket by a monster like this 6'6 and at least 300lbs and he simply grabbed my like that and stood up and started spinning around with me flying arse-over tea kettle feet about 5 feet off the ground , legs stretched straight out spinning and bouncing off of cars and parking signs at light speed...the beast could really twist off when he wanted to...I couldn't brak his hands loose his fingers were curled into the leather of my Jacket and I couldn't headbutt him because he was holding me out from his body and my arms weren't long enough to even poke him in the eyes or fishhook his nose or mouth...all I could do was hold on...it took six Cops and their night clubs to get him off of me and down and cuffed.I couldn't walk properly for weeks and was bruised for months and would have been absolutely toast without help.If that monster who had mental challenges wanted to he could have simply held onto my shoulders and then belly flopped down to the ground just using gravity and his bodyweight he would have driven me facefirst through the concrete and pavement and it would have been sleepy time forever IMHO.

You have to engage and survive and engage and survive and then engage more and survive to learn the patterns you require for survival...and the very second you think a fight is anything more than bare brutal survival is when you lose your edge and need to get out before you get hurt.

I still believe Conor is to dangerous fast and powerful for Khabib...I think Conors professional level of transitioning his fight management is far above that of Khabib and his team....and these critical transitional junctures are how and where I feel Conor will exploit Khabib...and I do mean EXPLOIT.Its what I would have tried even without Conors substantial gifts.

edit on 6-8-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That entirely depends in if you "see" the paterns or not.

A lot of people may think they "see" a pattern until they get in the ring and realize it was a Trojan and the map is lost.

The best fighters can take that and still making chicken salad without the recipe.

At this level the patterns you think you see may be traps placed there to see. Everyone knows the tapes are out there to study. Now you start hiding plays.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That entirely depends in if you "see" the paterns or not.

A lot of people may think they "see" a pattern until they get in the ring and realize it was a Trojan and the map is lost.

The best fighters can take that and still making chicken salad without the recipe.

At this level the patterns you think you see may be traps placed there to see. Everyone knows the tapes are out there to study. Now you start hiding plays.

At this level the evidence of your career speaks for itself and you have to have individualised your own game or you are simply not at this level...you have to have mastered the foundations and then evolved and built off of your strengths to even get a sniff of this level....everyone has habits because of the speed of execution.....once you commit to a sequence you better have it right because if you do not you go to sleep....there is zero reaction time...once a fighter begins a sequence of punches in a flurry it becomes a cerebral issue a muscle-memory issue.....so your own pattern recognition and anticipation had better be in play...and this is where I see Conor putting Khabib out of the game....Khabib has shown a career long habit of going all in and using the far end of certain basic spectrums recognised in combat...like his habit of stretching out with the extended left intentionally overplaying it to get a slightly disguised forward momentum advantage and set up a possible future shoot.... and that entire sequence of 3 punches is ALL HE HAS EVER HAD OR SHOWN....anyone who follows a structured pattern can be baited and exploited and Khabib does just this...Conor is fluid creativity and dynamic recognition and management....I just fail to see how Khabib will make this competitive before Conor damages him enough to have it stopped.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Perhaps you haven't dealt with wrestlers and the fear in Conors case that being close enough to strike is close enough to clench, and overcomitting means you are going down.

Like I said Conor having wide front leg is a bad habit when facing wrestlers. Connor has success with people wanting to strike.

Khabib isn't a shoot heavy wrestler. He ducks under with elite timing. He is mostly a body lock chain wrestler. Meaning any clench or planting on Connors end is in the danger zone for grappling.

Where are these heavy shots going to come from if he is worried about planting? They will be from Khabib charging in, but Khabib doesn't need to do this. He can target Connors wide stance with lower leg kicks.

Fighters may have tendencies but coaching and game plan are a factor. Javier just trained Cormier to KO a better striker because of sequence planning.

Wide stances like Conors are great for movement but terrible for things like check kicks. Everyone watched what Till did to wonder boy and what John Jones has done.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Perhaps you haven't dealt with wrestlers and the fear in Conors case that being close enough to strike is close enough to clench, and overcomitting means you are going down.

Like I said Conor having wide front leg is a bad habit when facing wrestlers. Connor has success with people wanting to strike.

Khabib isn't a shoot heavy wrestler. He ducks under with elite timing. He is mostly a body lock chain wrestler. Meaning any clench or planting on Connors end is in the danger zone for grappling.

Where are these heavy shots going to come from if he is worried about planting? They will be from Khabib charging in, but Khabib doesn't need to do this. He can target Connors wide stance with lower leg kicks.

Fighters may have tendencies but coaching and game plan are a factor. Javier just trained Cormier to KO a better striker because of sequence planning.

Wide stances like Conors are great for movement but terrible for things like check kicks. Everyone watched what Till did to wonder boy and what John Jones has done.

I don't disagree with your analysis....I will simply say that when the level of competition is jacked up then your own level of awareness is also jacked up....and the higher this bar goes the CLOSER TO YOUR BAD HABITS AND TENDANCIES AND STRENGTHS YOU TEND TO GET...which IMHO is why Khabibs managers insist on having hm come out and engage first with his weakest weapon his stand-up game then work his way to his strengths in a structured way ...to be honest numerical record aside Khabib is simply a slightly more stand-up Funky Ben who IMHO has a weaker ground game than Funky Ben does...it looks bad for the UFC to put someone who is mediocre at best on his feet in with a striker like Conor who can create historical moments if given the right canvas...Khabib is a 2nd rate canvas which the UFC has forced Conor to paint a masterpiece upon...believe me Conor will paint us all a masterpiece because he is an artist in the octagon.

We can boil it down to this IMHO...Khabib represent structure and a routine strict chain of events...Conor represents fluid creativity and and the creation of destiny.....Conor is water and Khabib is not....without getting all Bruce Lee here...Khabib will be overwhelmed by force from all angles and sides smashing at him in waves at the same time.

I just think that when all is said and done I will be looking at my computer screen frozen on a shot of Khabib having his lights put out by a Conor right to the temple just as Khabibs right hand slips over Conors left shoulder and his right arm is fully extended and by proxy planting his feet and his left arm is low and in tight to his body and cocked..... LOW.....lol...very very very low...every single time he is pressured while he begins his stand-up charade on his way to sniffing for a shoot........he uses the same 3 punch combo for the exact same reasons...I might even simply plant a SHIN not a foot on the side of his head to really punctuate the moment so to speak because that left hand is far to low and locked to defend it...whatever my strength was the right hand coming as part of a package I a nice long combo or a sudden devastating unstoppable head kick.....either way Khabibs feet are planted in concrete when he is in this position and because he is instinctually turning his head from right to left he walks into whatever you are sending him with force... he is wide open to being put to sleep by clean head-shot with force and directional momentum of his brain /head working completely against him.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not trying to be rude or talk # but I still disagree. You sound like you are typing all that out from a book.

You lost me again when you say once you learn the basics on the ground........

We shall see what happens. I just don't think you are giving enough respect to the ground.

Have you not been watching mma the last 30 years? How many people with only a basic understanding of the ground dominate?

Not many sir

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

...to be honest it looks bad for the UFC to put someone who is mediocre at best on his feet in with a striker like Conor who can create historical moments if given the right canvas...Khabib is a 2nd rate canvas which the UFC has forced Conor to paint a masterpiece upon...believe me Conor will paint us all a masterpiece because he is an artist in the octagon.

Now you're just talking # sounding like a conor nut hugger.

Hahaha

Not trying to argue. This is just my opinion. Yours is just as valid.
edit on 6-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well we will see! I disagree but I think I understand wrestling a lot better being a former ncaa wrestler and judoka. I started like gsp with contact karate and I can tell you Conor's stance is a big problem if he hasnt worked muay Thai.

His best chance imo would be to win a point fight like Lyoto with a chance he gets a ko with momentum coming in. If he is over confident he goes down quickly.

Also khabib only appears to folks without Sambo training a bad striker. Those techniques obviously work. He is undefeated. He pieced up some good strikers like Barbosa and took his best shots as well. Barbosa has a ground game. Literally, Conor has zero chance in the clench or on the ground. His only chance is timing a one shot ko or point fighting by not committing to full strikes.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well we will see! I disagree but I think I understand wrestling a lot better being a former ncaa wrestler and judoka. I started like gsp with contact karate and I can tell you Conor's stance is a big problem if he hasnt worked muay Thai.

His best chance imo would be to win a point fight like Lyoto with a chance he gets a ko with momentum coming in. If he is over confident he goes down quickly.

Also khabib only appears to folks without Sambo training a bad striker. Those techniques obviously work. He is undefeated. He pieced up some good strikers like Barbosa and took his best shots as well. Barbosa has a ground game. Literally, Conor has zero chance in the clench or on the ground. His only chance is timing a one shot ko or point fighting by not committing to full strikes.

No disagreements from me...with the codicil that IMHO the two men are both so adept at their individual styles one stand-up and one Ground-game....that they HAVE TO BE TRUE TO THEIR STRENGTHS...or they both know they will not survive...it Is a Lion and a Crocodile...both pulling on each other on the shoreline trying to get the other into their wheelhouse....everything will be extremely fast explosive and deadly...and because these 2 men are in an octagon there can be no mulligans dynamically...every time they engage someone will pull the other into deep dangerous waters....it will be exciting to watch that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

For sure! Connor is a stud. He also has ape arms, his reach has to be strange to time. The dudes reach is well beyond his height.

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Cool story, bro. That retard strength can really sneak up on you — glad the cops helped keep all your bits and pieces intact.

Conor could sleep Khabib but the smart money is on Khabib. Not to mention, the early money is the smart money and Vegas has Khabib as the early favorite; come fight week Conor will have flipped the line and they’ll crush it like they did with Floyd.

I fully expect this fight to get bumped to some other date. One of the more interesting things to me, is the idea Khabib is effectively asking for a 10-fold increase in his disclosed salary...i’m assuming Conor’s lawyers have effectively said that Conor’s last contract (and the language therein) supersedes Khabib’s and McGregor gets all the juice on the PPV — now way he’s stepping in as the B-side in any form or fashion.

61 days and counting if you believe Uncle Dana...

posted on Aug, 6 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Cool story, bro. That retard strength can really sneak up on you — glad the cops helped keep all your bits and pieces intact.

Conor could sleep Khabib but the smart money is on Khabib. Not to mention, the early money is the smart money and Vegas has Khabib as the early favorite; come fight week Conor will have flipped the line and they’ll crush it like they did with Floyd.

I fully expect this fight to get bumped to some other date. One of the more interesting things to me, is the idea Khabib is effectively asking for a 10-fold increase in his disclosed salary...i’m assuming Conor’s lawyers have effectively said that Conor’s last contract (and the language therein) supersedes Khabib’s and McGregor gets all the juice on the PPV — now way he’s stepping in as the B-side in any form or fashion.

61 days and counting if you believe Uncle Dana...

Everyone wants to be paid like GSP and Conor now.....its the monster Dana White has built...now it is pushing him back....IMHO this is why dana set his fight up....to knock Conor and Co down a few pegs …. this is not a fight a soft guy who was babying his career would take...Khabib is dangerous....Conor is sticking to his fight em all mantra....and Dana is testing him on it....I expect to see some more drama maybe a delay as you outlined for some more time for the hype to build...I absolutely love it when we see what I think is REAL LIFE DRAMA and Dana trying to chop out Conors knees by sending in Khabib to mess him up is to me REAL LIFE DRAMA....to me this is where we will get to see the best Conor we will see if he can understand the stakes in this one and rise to the occasion...IMHO removing the Ref is a key part of this fight...making peace with yourself if you are Conor that there is no way in hades the Ref is giving you any type of decision...the UFC management is setting up a hit here....there is only one door in this time and only one door out.....someone has to go to sleep or be saved by refs whom you cant be sure about....hence the reason I see Conor RISING UP to the occasion and Khabib going to bed early.I would roll over backwards if Conor decided to pull an Ali impersonation and dance his way through a few rounds blatantly running from Khabib getting into his head....not letting him engage in his little fake standup drama he uses to set up his shoots...refuse to let him build a dynamic chain of events and force him to chase until he shortens his chain or sequence and makes a mistakey….if this fight were slightly less meaningful to Conors career I would say to play with Khabib toy with him....but this one is a career breaker so its best to simply let the hands go and let god sort it out when everything stops and the smoke clears.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Khabib's dad got his visa to be there. he will be in the corner.

bad news for Conor.

Conor is so #ed. does not matter who he trains with right now.
AKA has been posting vids. khabib is there in camp now.

training every day with daniel cormier and shawn bunch.

hahahahahahah

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I wouldn't be shocked by either result but I fully expect Khabib to destroy Conor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join