It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Definitely badass. Can’t knock the game or the player — he had 2M buys banked with a Diaz trilogy. However, ring rust is real and 2 years is quite a bit for anyone.

Diaz is long in the tooth and boxed up Conor 3 of the 7 rounds they fought; Diaz isn’t gonna knockout Poirier like Conor did but he’ll beat hell outta him if decides to box.

Ugly Tony is on the Conor card and could quickly muck things up if he beats Pettis (I think Anthony’s latest performance was fool’s gold). He’s still riding an impressive unbeaten streak...he deserves a shot over Diaz or Poirier but something tells me DFW isn’t that big of a fan and will send him to the back of the line regardless of outcome. Glad I’m not an Ugly Tony fan because he’s gonna pull the shortest straw.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Why wouldn't it be entertaining if khabib does what he is supposed to do?

I am very entertained seeing him smash dudes for 15-25 minutes.

Biased I guess cause I favor ground fighting.

I want to see Tony vs Khabib. That's the fight for me.
Khabib is the best at keeping people down and Tony is fantastic from the bottom.

Dont get much more bjj vs wrestling than that match.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I can't disagree with much you've said there. A good fight is what we want to see.

I favour Conor for a bunch of reasons and won't be crying if he loses. With my pitiful gambling record, I advise everyone to bet on Khabib because I've put a few quid on Conor and never win. Harness the power of Murphy's Law and bet the opposite of all my bets - treasure will be yours.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Eh it’ll be entertaining either way, I just prefer striking/stand-up.

Of course, I thought the Aldo fight was gonna be entertaining too. The aftermath was I guess lol!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

4 days away!!! Bringing the thread back to the top!
Oh man, Khabib better win...
Otherwise I'm going to be insufferable.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Khabib is a different animal alright

B*tch move after the fight. Shows words do hurt (khabib)

Not sure where we go from here

Terrible

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yes terrible but Dana allowed Conor to insult His Family, Country, and Religion. Dana said in an interview with TMZ "There is no line in fighting".

Hmm maybe there is.

Again I dont condone what happened after the fight.

On a side note I'm glad Conor got neck cranked the f@ck out
edit on 7-10-2018 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Dana has said that very thing on multiple occasions in years past, so nothing new there

It looks like McGregor wont be the only one with a (criminal) record [including 3 of khabib’s team per dana white]

Even if khabib gets suspended, we’re looking at khabib v ferguson which a lot of people believe will be better than this fight tonight

We’ll have to see about this potential greencard issue the analysts are discussing re: khabib. Otherwise they’ll have to fight outside the US
edit on 2943x6729America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Khabib did his thing. Honestly, after getting dropped with the overhand right, I was impressed with Conor’s ability to make it to the 4th.

It’s been rumored Khabib would retire if he won. I don’t expect to see Khabib in the UFC again.

Ugly Tony is the real deal and I’d take him over anyone, any day — Khabib included.

We’ll see what happens, but Conor has the stain of an “L” erased with that nonsense and Diaz-McGregor III is a certainty.

WAR The Way of the 209.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Ferguson Pettis was a great fight. Khabib/Conor was pretty good too. I've been waiting for Khabib to come on the post-fight and he's made it short. Best decision he's made since forcing the tap out from Conor. He's apologised for the brawling and said his dad's gonna bollock him for it all.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Khabib is a different animal alright

B*tch move after the fight. Shows words do hurt (khabib)

Not sure where we go from here

Terrible

i dont condone it but i understand it

so you dont think the bus thing with conor was a bitch move?

dillon danis was talking # about his father and his religion

i wish khabib would not have done that but i understand it

conor and many guys from his team have been constantly talking #

danis had photoshop pics or posted those making fun of khabib and his religion. drinking whiskey and # like that

so yeah i guess it did get under his skin

conor had no problem saying how their feud would never be over and how they were going to catch khabib and his manager somewhere else

you know full well of conor would have won and pulled some of his usual conor # people would be riding his dick for it

was it a bitch move for conor to throw a left hook on one of khabibs coaches jaw?
cause he did

different cameras and angles show that he popped khabibs coach..

get another pass though?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Yes terrible but Dana allowed Conor to insult His Family, Country, and Religion. Dana said in an interview with TMZ "There is no line in fighting".

Hmm maybe there is.

Again I dont condone what happened after the fight.

On a side note I'm glad Conor got neck cranked the f@ck out

i dont condone it either and i wish it did not happen.
i understand it though

i remember when the bus thing happened some people were pissed at conor but others were sticking up for him.
he was just sticking up for his friend.

conor gets a pass for that from dana and the ufc and mostly all of his fans

conor got on a plane and flew 8 hours to another country with 20 people cause one of his buddies took a slap

hurt people. wrecked property. caused people to miss fights

and these people can not at least understand the emotions involved and the fact khabib did this??

i dont get that

i wish he wouldnt have. i dont like it.
i do understand it though

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

It looks like McGregor wont be the only one with a (criminal) record [including 3 of khabib’s team per dana white]

thats not correct

the 3 guys in khabibs team have been released.
no charges filed

khabib is in trouble with the athletic commission

nothing about criminal charges for khabib as of yet

none of that changes the fact that conor got destroyed.

also does not change that fact that conor was cheating during the fight multiple times and cause he is the golden boy no warnings.

illegal strikes to the back of the head
illegal knee
laving his toes in the fence to hold
grabbing khabibs shorts
grabbing khaibs gloves

people need to rethink their opinion of conor as far as being this great champion.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Conor actually attacked one of Khabib's teammates before they punched him. Although the clear starter is Khabib.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Other than the cheating I was actually super impressed with Conor. He did much better than I thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I think Tony is very overrated and still think so. Khabib and Conor would both destroy him imo.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yep, Dillon Danis is the kind of guy who almost deserves it, but either way Khabib can't do that.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Conor actually attacked one of Khabib's teammates before they punched him. Although the clear starter is Khabib.

yeah conor cracked him in the face

khabib should not have jumped the fence like that

here is a gif of conor getting dropped with a right hand. pretty crazy since apparently conor is the goat and khabib will never take him down or punch him

thumbs.gfycat.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
top left you can see conor punch the coach

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
gonna post this in both threads for the people talking about sportsmanship and how they are going to stick with Bellator

Conor storming into the cage to congratulate his buddy and then rushing the guy his buddy just beat

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join