It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khabib vs Conor set for Oct 6th. official

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Good thing you’re not paid to think*. Ugly Tony owns the longest undefeated streak in UFC LW history. Period. Overrated? Put your money where your mouth/keyboard is.

@Kandinsky: Do ATS T&Cs frown upon a gentleman’s wager?

*Ben Franklins willing, you can pay me for your thinking.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I place small accumulators and haven't won in over two years. You'd be shooting fish in an egg cup and have the greater subject knowledge.

ETA - I missed the point. A bragging rights wager should be fine with the T&Cs and anything more could be discussed privately in PMs between the two parties.
edit on 10.7.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

Good thing you’re not paid to think*. Ugly Tony owns the longest undefeated streak in UFC LW history. Period. Overrated? Put your money where your mouth/keyboard is.

@Kandinsky: Do ATS T&Cs frown upon a gentleman’s wager?

*Ben Franklins willing, you can pay me for your thinking.

i dont see how anyone can think tony is overrated
he is very well rounded
legit as # on the ground and just the right amount of crazy

his cardio is probably beyond the nick diaz and even khabib level.

dude is a monster.
very unorthodox in his training too.
did no formal physical therapy. did it all himself. works out on a wooden man a lot

eddie bravo is the perfect guy to train him cause eddie is the right amount of crazy too.

i will never root against a 10th planet guy but i honestly think tony can hang with anyone in the world at that weight.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah, I stayed up for the presser...I honestly hate it — selfishly — for Khabib because Ugly Tony was up next, and I watched Tony choke out Kevin Lee and several others Khabib fought...to decisions. Ole ‘El Cucuy’ is the slickest guy on the ground I’ve ever seen. No doubt. He may not snatch Khabib’s neck but he beats him and does so inside of 5 rounds. Sadly, Khabib is gonna be suspended and/or retire and the two best LWs will never fight. That sucks.

Anyone have a finger in the wind on the PPV buys? Dana said it was trending towards 3M...I see it cracking 2M, maybe 2.2-2.3M.

Next best fight: Holloway v Ortega. Winner goes on to fight for LW strap. Gimme Holloway via granite chin and shin to Ortega’s dome.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ole ‘El Cucuy’ is the slickest guy on the ground I’ve ever seen.

he is slick

i would love to see him and Garry Tonon.
Tonon has a long way to go with his striking. Tony has him there for sure but Tonon on the ground is something special man.

this probably wont embed either so i will give a link

this is tonon vs palhares at polaris. dude.
its a draw here but we all know about palharis and tonon gave up a lot of weight.

www.youtube.com...

and when gordon ryan makes the jump to mma

oh #!!!!!
edit on 7-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I like Ferguson's motion, he's like a snake or water falling and seems to have a throttle on his adrenaline.

As for Khabib? It's hard to see him retiring, but Askren's managed it and their ages aren't that different. Hopefully there'll be a press release from Nevada early in the week. No point speculating until more information is out and Khabib's had time to wind down and gather his thoughts amongst team and family.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Tony gets smashed and dropped every fight and Lee looked a superior fighter and Lee without a staph infection I would pick to beat Tony. By no means am I saying Tony is a can, but I find him very overrated. If I was paid to think I would make a lot of money, most fights go exactly how I think they will.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I stayed up for the presser...I honestly hate it — selfishly — for Khabib because Ugly Tony was up next, and I watched Tony choke out Kevin Lee and several others Khabib fought...to decisions.

MMAth never works. Michael Johnson.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Totally agree.

The online karate magazine I patronize has a healthy community of armchair quarterbacks and they have lost their collective mind(s) — speculation, conjecture, whataboutism, transitive property misuse, etc. — and I’ve just resigned to entertain myself with Derrick Lewis Instagram posts...

I will say that I only give credence to Khabib retiring due to his clear and well-documented ties to Chechen strong man, Razman Kadyrov, who has bankrolled Werdum, Weidman, and a several other MMA fighters. Khabib is set for life as long as he’s in that part of the world. I’m not besmirching Khabib in any manner, simply pointing the truth w.r.t. his ability to retire undefeated and accumulate generational wealth.

For whatever reason, the karma police have deterred and arrested all 4 previous attempts at locking the cage doors with El Cucuy and The Eagle inside, maybe it happens but I believe past is prologue. But hey, not gonna be a negative Nancy and predict the NSAC fines both (some insist Conor slapping the guy on top of the cage caused the in-ring brawl) and Khabib gets a 6-month suspension, allowing for a late spring Ferg-Nurmy match-up.

#CloningTheStocktonSlap

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ok, turbo. Are you going to quality the RDA win, the Barboza submission, the Josh Thompson win, the Tibeau and Trujillo submissions, or the Pettis stoppage? No, because you can’t, like it or not, Ferguson is as legit as Khabib. Michael Johnson’s fight IQ cost him a win over Khabib. It happens. Losing in an MMA fight is a given if you’re fighting top-level talent. Or you can pull out and/or miss weight, it’s not a given then.

Hey, Kandinsky has signed off on PMing one another — if the fight happens you can pay me to think. I’ll give a teaser: Ferguson wins a majority decision after taking the last 2 rounds, following a dicey first 3 rounds where he’s dropped and ground on early on.

That aside, if Max Holloway didn’t suffer long term health consequences and can still make 145, he beats Ortega and replaces whoever pulls out, suffering his first defeat since Conor and eventually becomes LW champ for 3-4 years.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wish I had more time to watch those comps...really good stuff.

Man, I am happy for you that Khabib did his smash and demoralize thing. It was impressive. You called it from jump street. Nice job.

For me, Tony just has something you can’t quantify or measure. Much like Nate Diaz*. And his jits is an art. Or at least his MMA jits. You’re not knocking him out or submitting him outside of a shin to the dome.

Really hope your two favorite UFC fighters get it on in a few months

*Diaz being the only guy I believe can beat Tony tomorrow (one thing OR pointed out above is mma math doesn’t work and Tony beats all those guys Nate loses to but I see in my head Nate decisioning Tony).

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Tony said he does not spar.
I dig his attitude about things too.

He and Eddie are perfect for each other cause they are the right amount of crazy.

As to Tony and Khabib.

I want Tony cause Eddie. Cant root against them.

I feel like Khabib wins but it's not a sure thing like the conor fight. I feel like Tony has the tools.

What will frustrate Khabib is Tony attacking from the bottom. That is something Khabib is not used room
He posts up and smashes guys and they cover or roll or try to scramble out.

Tony can and will go for sweeps. His rubber guard is nice. His triangles are nice. If Khabib posts up and can sweep and land in some ashi variation.

But Khabib is a sambo master too.

In the end that's a hell of a fight. An actual fight. So far khabib just delivers the smash. Conor did better than anyone and he did horrible and cheated.

I think Tony gives him the hardest fight he has ever had so far and damn well could take it.

Plus they ar3 both cardio machines.

We need this fight

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Khabibity-bibbity-bibbity-bob.
I had a 20 on the Mick.
Fook it all.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Khabibity-bibbity-bibbity-bob.
I had a 20 on the Mick.
Fook it all.

bummer you lost but how anyone could possibly see the outcome being any different is beyond me.

if the rematch happens are you going to bet on Conor again?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Tony gets smashed and dropped every fight and Lee looked a superior fighter and Lee without a staph infection I would pick to beat Tony.

He wins fight of the night and performance of the night on every card! What matches have you been watching? Had he not jacked up his knee this spring, he'd have beat Kabib in April and would have been the man whipping McGregor's ass this weekend instead of Kabib getting the honors.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Tony beating Khabib is not a sure thing but he has the best chance. it would be a hell of a fight as he is capable from the bottom.

up until 2 days ago most people were saying that Conor was going to destroy him. knock him out in the first round. khabib would never get a takedown.

we all see what happened.

Tony is a very different fighter and fully capable.

I want tony in that one. i feel like khabib gets it but would not be shocked if tony takes it but im sure it would be a fantastic fight.

if people were able to take their blinders off and rewatch all of conors fights they would see he is not as amazing as they all say.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Rematch?

Man let Al Iaquinta try again.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Rematch?

Man let Al Iaquinta try again.

Conor is calling for it.
Iaquinta? i dont want to see that again.

i really dont get why people think Al has/had a chance. Khabib was not in full smash mode. he wanted to take it to the later rounds. he wanted to stand and play with the jab.
He said this. Javier said this.

anyway

the more i think about Conor the more i realize he is a punk. not saying he is not high level. he is very high level. he absolutely can fight. but he absolutely is a punk.

audio is coming out from around the cage.

in one clip you see Khabib smashing him and Khabib is saying "talk now. what are you going to say now"
and Connor is on the bottom getting lit and he is saying "it was all business'

im sure he will get the rematch but he does not deserve it. he got smoked.
Tony deserves it but he is going to get dicked i think.

the rematch is not going to go any different

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
plus he fought dirty. Khabib should deny the rematch just based on that. Conor is lucky Khabib did what he did after cause everyone is talking about that and nobody is talking about the multiple fouls Conor did.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join