It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

unless they're stealing your food who cares.
mind your own business.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

unless they're stealing your food who cares.
mind your own business.

I have to stand up in the trains due to these careless people who then cross their legs for we cant seat in front of them, so yes I am minding my own business with some kind thoughts for those that take 2 seats and 2 in front of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Post a picture of yourself and show/tell us all about how perfect you are ... I am sure there won't be a single thing we can't pick out on you that we could all use to laugh, and point out at your expense!

Dumb OP

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Ummm, political correctness will not cure life threatening medical conditions!

So shove the PC crap!

Oh, and read a little more carefully next time.

edit on 7/29/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So shove the PC crap!

So, calling someone a fat hog will cure it? If only it were that simple...

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
years ago at least in my generation calling someone a fat hog was not the end of the world, it was just an expression like "let's pig out". Surely you all know what that means.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, but denying it by claiming fat shaming won't cure it either!

Calling a spade a spade at least acknowledges the problem and doesn't put it in a protected / untouchable status.

This PC crap has gone WAY too far!

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Is there any wonder,all the advertisement aimed at selling things that do things for ya,push for movies ,video games,this is how the country has grown weak,they want a slave society and so far does appear kids are fat,used to be fat kids would try working out to try to fix problem,now they have these liberals glorifying being fat,fat is bad despite what spin you put on it,it isn't ok to be obese it is unhealthy

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
years ago at least in my generation calling someone a fat hog was not the end of the world, it was just an expression like "let's pig out". Surely you all know what that means.

In my generation, calling someone a fat hog is bullying. Like, calling someone a retard, or calling someone butt ugly, or calling someone a loser.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Okay, if you want to bring politics into it, Trump is a fat hog, who doesn’t believe in exercise. Truth. At least Obama was slim.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Carbohydrate consumption and modern agriculture is the cause. Their bodies forgot how to burn their own fat because they are constantly consuming carbohydrates and giving glycogen to the body. This process keep most people from entering ketosis. Ketosis is a metabolic state where the body converts stored fat in to ketones which can be used as an alternative fuel source by the body.

In the absence of glycogen the body uses ketones instead. If you think about it it makes sense to use both. Before modern agriculture, our carbohydrate consumption was far lower. Fruits and veggies are far more abundant in the spring and summer and less abundant in the fall and winter. Therefore during colder months we ate less carbs having to rely on hunting. In between successful hunts we burned our own fat for fuel.

edit on 29-7-2018 by s0nof0d1n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: s0nof0d1n

Good post. I would also add that fruits eaten in pre-agricultural days had less sugar than fruits grown today. Fruit has been bred to be bigger, juicier and sweeter, with much more sugar. Look at a wild strawberry compared with a strawberry you get in a grocery store.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

why are people becoming so fat that they look like a fat hog these days

It's all part of our plan, we no longer need to invade your crappy country, we just open fast food restaurants and watch as you diabetes yourself to death. Thank you and you're welcome.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Why can't they invent a cheeseburger that makes you lose weight?

Mmmmm , tasty Quorn Cheese Burgers.
www.ocado.com...

Power walk Forrest Power walk.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Assuming you are from good 'ol US of A ...

You guys eat doughnuts for breakfast.

Every take out is oversized and comes with soup or salad !

Go ponder ....

Yeah, I think Americans eat 4 donuts and 2 cups of coffee before getting off to work. I was in America a few years ago and at the international airports, I begun to wonder, how can these fat women actually use the toilets there, let alone get in threw the doors.

The day will come if it hasnt already where you can buy a stick to assist in wiping your ass at the local Wal-Marts in the US. The biggest problem though isnt the people, its all the crap they put into the food thats more convenient to eat. The fast food doesnt have the actual stuff in it the human body needs, so some feel they have to eat junk more to fill full. That in turn causes all sorts of other related problems like diabeties and blood pressure issues from the non-essential BS like flavor enhancers, preservatives, yellow 6 and red 5 etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So shove the PC crap!

Whoaaaa calm your farm FCD, Its not me being PC - its me giving a flying duck about "fat hogs"

The causes of obesity are different for everyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Corn syrup and technology have taken over the world.
People are lazy and just don’t care.
Add to that stupid ideas being promoted that say it’s “ok” and that obesity is beautiful.

I blame unfettered capitalism and meeting the bottom line dictated by board members.
Corn syrup is cheaper and doctors need money too. So does the pharmaceutical industry.
Fat people equals more money for other industries.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

The causes of obesity are different for everyone.

Only if you're fit, then there's only one cause.

In the real world:

I gained a lot of weight when I started working 12-14 hours on the road. Like I have the energy to hit the gym or the park after working for pittances all day 6 days a week.

On the 7th day I rest.

Oh and try affording thyroid med for underactive thyroid on top of rent raises and grocery bills aye aye aye! (Here's a hint for all the health jerks--produce brings in more money than any other department.)

Fat hogs am I!

edit on 29-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don’t think real fruit with natural sugars is the problem.
Really fat people dont eat real fruit unless it’s dipped in chocolate or rolled in powdered sugar.

Real fruit is not the problem, Fruit Snacks are the problem.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I think the question should be, why is being over weight or obese so acceptable these days? “Healthy size Barbie”? Why is being over weight labeled being healthy? I live in a very small town and a couple weeks ago, front page of our 11 pg newspaper had the pictures of this years Fair Queen contestants! They was porkers! I couldn’t believe it! I’m 5 foot 7 inches in height and always maintained a weight of 100 lbs to maybe 115 lbs. my entire life, “your too skinny or girl you need to gain some weight! But why? I had more energy than most meth heads! I’ve always felt healthy, never sick, never got any head aches or aches and pains. I have 3 children, 2 I had in my early 20’s so the weight came off before I left the hospital. I was 34 when my last one was born, took me longer to lose the weight. I probably weighed 145 lbs. for an entire year, I felt drained, tired, exhausted. I knew it was from carrying the extra porker weight around. I decided one day I had enough, took me a few weeks but went down to 115 lbs. Oh and regained my energy, and felt healthy again..Just saying

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join