It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin admits they did not go to moon?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Whilst your right that NASA is under no obligation to pander to the stupid, the real reason is that Hubble isn't designed to look for such small objects so close to it. It would be like using your distance vision glasses to read a book.

Besides, if people won't accept the evidence of America, China, Japan and India''s orbital lunar probes they won't accept Hubble images either.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

We can read the date off of a dime from a satellite off of any sidewalk USA and yet nothing ground based can see stuff on the moon? If it were not locked into orbit or spinning yeah that could be difficult... to make things spot-table.

Of course unless you have your own gear? It has to bounce through ip and proxies meaning is that image you are getting in the "real time/live view" one thinks it is... Google earth and Google moon... Google earth still had a car of mine sitting in a driveway of a place I had not lived at in six months.

How often all of that updates? Meh... closing my eyes; I get to see basically space anytime I want too; without all the interference of that solar body or moon business. When that changes? Plato go home... I am not asleep nor dreaming.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Except that the only way to read the date off a dime from orbit is in a Hollywood movie. The more atmosphere you look through the more you have to compensate for distortion. Orbital optics are good, but they're nowhere near capable of reading a newspaper, let alone the date on a dime.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They can... however morals/ethics and whatever principle arguments of those two; have placed limits on use of such technology... not just on that sort but others as well.

www.quora.com...

Yes giant coin in the link... but feel free to read further for the political bureaucracy etc. that would rather say nothing but a blurry area 51 newspaper to see here.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 8/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Here's the Answer:
www.snopes.com...

I hope the little girl wasn't too confused by his answer. I WAS, lol.

Snopes?

posted on Aug, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Regardless of the source, if you listen to the child's question, and his answer it is very clear that this was about why we never went back to the Moon.

To try to twist it into Buzz somehow admitting that we never went in the first place is rather pathetic and quite dishonest.

posted on Aug, 23 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

All I can say..that picture with his hand before one eye showing 666 is not a good sign. Since i have learned what such a gesture is about I would certainly not do this before an audiance... He, a very educated smart man does...this is bothering me.

Bit off topic but just needed to add this...A year..or a few years ago this hand before the eye stuff by celebs went global. They do this whitout ever saying what it is about. Like an insiders joke. But I think it is more serious than that... Not only artists poke this finger into eyes but also scientist, statesmen from all over the world and anybdy with some fame to his name...and worthy. I can not make anything other from it than these people are making it publicly known that they are bending the knee for....someone....With one eye maybe?

posted on May, 18 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
'We didn't go and that's how it happened'

says it all..

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Artesia

Only if you cherry pick the words and take them out of context, which seems to be your MO at the moment.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
'Why haven't we gone back to the Moon, Mr. Aldrin?'

"We didn't go there.'

Meaning, 'we didn't go to the moon'.

If that's not painfully obvious, you are in denial.

posted on May, 19 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

"We didn't go there.'

It's painfully obvious that you haven't bothered to check the original context or listen to what was actually said. Read the thread.

Child: Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?

Aldrin: That’s not an 8-year-old’s question. That’s my question. I want to know. But I think I know. Because we didn’t go there. That’s the way it happened. And if it didn’t happen it’s nice to know why it didn’t happen so in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why something stopped in the past if we want to keep it going.

He is talking about why they haven't been back, not 'admitting' they didn't go.
edit on 19/5/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: turbonium1

"We didn't go there.'

It's painfully obvious that you haven't bothered to check the original context or listen to what was actually said. Read the thread.

Child: Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?

Aldrin: That’s not an 8-year-old’s question. That’s my question. I want to know. But I think I know. Because we didn’t go there. That’s the way it happened. And if it didn’t happen it’s nice to know why it didn’t happen so in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why something stopped in the past if we want to keep it going.

He is talking about why they haven't been back, not 'admitting' they didn't go.

No, he IS admitting they didn't go.

'Why haven't we gone back to the Moon?"

He says 'I think I know. Because we didn't go there."

Look at the next sentence...

"That's the way it happened".

So he is confirming what he just said, that they didn't go there.

And "if it didn't happen then it's nice to know WHY it didn't happen..."

"Because we didn't go there....That's the way it happened.

Now, if he had really gone to the moon, he would say he doesn't know why they haven't gone back there again, or he'd say that less money is available now, or whatever, and that's probably why we haven't gone back to the Moon again.

If he was actually referring to why we haven't 'returned' to the moon, and he had actually gone to the moon, he would have answered why we haven't 'returned' there, in some way.

"We didn't go there". Not "we haven't gone back there".

Even when he admits "We didn't go there", you'll always claim 'he didn't mean it that way'.

You're beyond hope of accepting the reality, when it comes to your glorious fantasy tale of Apollo.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah that's the way we handled curiosity with our children... We talked to them like they were idiots and then deflected their questions.

posted on May, 20 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You can blether on all you like but you are still cherry picking the quote, ignoring the context and also ignoring his statement at the end if the interview. Read the snopes article

You have also managed to avoid providing one single iota of proof for your soapbox oratory in any thread you've trolled. Prove the images are fake. Prove the live T.V. doesn't match the satellite record, prove that the LRO, Chandrayaan, Kaguya and Chang'e-2 images don't show human activity.

Any time you're ready.

posted on May, 24 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You can blether on all you like but you are still cherry picking the quote, ignoring the context and also ignoring his statement at the end if the interview. Read the snopes article

You're the one twisting his comments around to absurd proportions, not me.

'Why hasn't anyone gone back to the Moon?'

He says 'we didn't go there'.

How does it stretch to mean 'I don't really know why/ I think I know why/ nobody's been back there, since we went'??

In your fantasy-land, of course.

posted on May, 27 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Because that's what he actually says, rather than what you want him to say. 'Why haven't we been back?' is the question, not 'did we go at all?' Read the Snopes article, watch the full interview, find anywhere that he says, specifically, 'We did not go to the moon ever'.

Oh, and just as a reminder, because you keep running away from this, I'm still waiting for absolutely any evidence from you that the Apollo imagery isn't genuine and that the images from the LRO, Chandrayaan, Kaguya and Chang'e-2 probes don't show human activity.

Any time you like.

posted on May, 31 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Because that's what he actually says, rather than what you want him to say. 'Why haven't we been back?' is the question, not 'did we go at all?' Read the Snopes article, watch the full interview, find anywhere that he says, specifically, 'We did not go to the moon ever'.

Oh, and just as a reminder, because you keep running away from this, I'm still waiting for absolutely any evidence from you that the Apollo imagery isn't genuine and that the images from the LRO, Chandrayaan, Kaguya and Chang'e-2 probes don't show human activity.

Any time you like.

I'm aware of what the question was.

'Why haven't we gone back to the moon?'

If he had actually gone to the moon, then he'd address the question directly - why nobody has gone back there.

Since that's the question he was asked, right?

Someone would then try to address the actual question. For example..

'I don't really know why we haven't gone back there, since then.'

'There are several reasons we haven't gone back there, since then.'

'I think I know why we haven't gone back there, since then. Not enough money, or not as much public interest, in going back.'

You suggest he answered the question of why we've never gone back to the moon, by saying 'We didn't go there'??

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   

So because he doesn't use a form of words you consider acceptable he's wrong? You've been doing that for years - refusing to put words in the correct order, not using some words at all - you've been wrong all this time, proof right there.

Once again, because this seems to be difficult for you to understand: 85 year old Aldrin, providing rambling answers to a child, responds to a question about why they haven't been back. Not why haven't they been at all.

Here are some other words in that interview - maybe they'll be in a format you like:

"We did send people people and they went around the moon. Then we sent people, another crew, to go around the moon and then practice everything but landing. And then a very fortunate person with many things going right in my life gave Neil Armstrong, Mike Collins and Buzz Aldrin the opportunity to make an attempt to make the first landing. All of us wanted to succeed and we did."

See the bits there were he says we sent people to the moon, and he clearly admits was one of them? Is that sentence acceptable for you?

Here's another interview where he blatantly admits that he walked on the lunar surface:

I can come up with hundreds of them where Aldrin admits he went to the moon, and all you have is a deliberate twisting of an old man's words. Isn't that embarrassing for you?

Still waiting for your answer to this:

I'm still waiting for absolutely any evidence from you that the Apollo imagery isn't genuine and that the images from the LRO, Chandrayaan, Kaguya and Chang'e-2 probes don't show human activity.

How about you spend less time trying to dictate how someone else should speak and come up with words of your own that answer the direct questions you've been given?
edit on 1/6/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: extra

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Every prisoner says he's innocent, too.

They said they murdered someone, and it was recorded on tape, and went to jail, because only once, the truth came out.

They've denied it thousands of times, so you'd say that means they didn't do it, then?

Same thing as Aldrin saying the truth, is rare, compared to how often he is repeating a lie...it doesn't wash away the truth he said.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join