It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin admits they did not go to moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Has anyone seen this video yet? What do you make of it? What do you think he meant? IMO I do not know if he did or didn't.
edit on 27-7-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Here's the Answer:
www.snopes.com...

I hope the little girl wasn't too confused by his answer. I WAS, lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I think he means we didn't go there.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Here's the Answer:
www.snopes.com...

I hope the little girl wasn't too confused by his answer. I WAS, lol.

The child didn’t ask Buzz Aldrin if he ever went to the moon. Rather, she posted the question “Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?” to the astronaut. When Aldrin said in reply that “we didn’t go there” and “that’s the way it happened,” he was referring to the fact that the U.S. has sent no missions back to the moon since the final Apollo spaceflight took place in December 1972, not asserting that he had never been to the moon in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
first off Buzz obviously didn't want to lie to the little girl, he clearly has a soft spot, probably has granddaughters

there's honestly no real take away from this his answers weren't honest and he couldn't tell the truth, then reverted to the money story

there's another reason and who knows what it is, he knows clearly but can't tell

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Total nonsense. He was asked why we have not gone there in such a long time. Talk about spin.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

edit on 27-7-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

He should have deflected by asking, "Little Missy, how would YOU like to be the first woman to set foot on the moon?"

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Am I the only one who felt like I was listening to drunk grandpa?

I don't know man, I hold a special place in my heart for astronauts, and this one in particular. I think he was trying to tell two ideas at once; the going to the moon one and the coming home one.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Total nonsense. He was asked why we have not gone there in such a long time. Talk about spin.

Even i can see how he meant his answer, it is clearly taken out of context

He even says how in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why it stopped in the past but we wanted to keep going.

He never said "it never happened" and saying "we didn't go there' to me means that the US didn't go into a full long term program. Is just like saying "you better not go there" when having an argument, it doesn't mean it never happened it means you don't want it to happen again, even if it did in the past

but oh well, nothing will stop the other interpretation anyways

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I don't know man, I hold a special place in my heart for astronauts, and this one in particular. I think he was trying to tell two ideas at once; the going to the moon one and the coming home one.

You made me think about it more. And you're right. I actually regret posting what I said.

I actually admire all the people involved in the journey to landing a human on the moon.

I feel bad now. Going to delete my previous post. But here is what I wrote:

Distasteful and full of disrespect for an amazing person. I acted on impulse. Shows my true character I guess ... need to work on it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The wording of Aldrin’s answer may have been confusing to children and adults alike, but he was talking about “why something (i.e., going to the moon) stopped in the past,” not about how it never happened in the first place.

Does snopes or anyone else have evidence to back this as being what Buzz said he really meant or is this just a guess/misdirection?

I think he's being pretty clear in his response to the child's question

Child: Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?

Aldrin: That’s not an 8-year-old’s question. That’s my question. I want to know. But I think I know. Because we didn’t go there. That’s the way it happened. And if it didn’t happen it’s nice to know why it didn’t happen so in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why something stopped in the past if we want to keep it going.

The entire snopes "debunking" article reeks of misinformation and opinions being proferred as fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We haven't been back to the moon cause it doesn't have oil.

They discover it ?

Mooooooooon Raker!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You made me think about it more. And you're right. I actually regret posting what I said.

I actually admire all the people involved in the journey to landing a human on the moon.

Distasteful and full of disrespect for an amazing person. I acted on impulse. Shows my true character I guess ... need to work on it.

You are a good person provoked by low hanging fruit. Good on you.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Even i can see how he meant his answer, it is clearly taken out of context

He even says how in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why it stopped in the past but we wanted to keep going.

He never said "it never happened" and saying "we didn't go there' to me means that the US didn't go into a full long term program. Is just like saying "you better not go there" when having an argument, it doesn't mean it never happened it means you don't want it to happen again, even if it did in the past

but oh well, nothing will stop the other interpretation anyways

I'm with You. Listen in its entirety and the complete meaning in clear...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The child didn’t ask Buzz Aldrin if he ever went to the moon. Rather, she posted the question “Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?” to the astronaut. When Aldrin said in reply that “we didn’t go there” and “that’s the way it happened,” he was referring to the fact that the U.S. has sent no missions back to the moon since the final Apollo spaceflight took place in December 1972, not asserting that he had never been to the moon in the first place.

Oh really, I wonder why we didn't hear any of what you say

what were you listening to?
edit on 27-7-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Is it really? I listened several times to his answer. He answered hesitatingly and certainly says clearly-cause we didnt go there. That's a good question.

He is quite old so it could be he was just confused.

Still. Odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I’ve never seen that before...You kicked your own a$$.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin was answering a question.

What he was interpreted to have said needs to be evaluated in context.

I think, from the context of the question and his whole answer, he was saying that NASA had a duty to return to the Moon but that the organization had become more interested in cost cutting, not science.

edit on 27/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Is it really? I listened several times to his answer. He answered hesitatingly and certainly says clearly-cause we didnt go there. That's a good question.

He is quite old so it could be he was just confused.

Still. Odd.

The first thing he says though "That's not a question for an eight year old girl". I think there were a few things going through his head, who knows what they were? Perhaps "who put you up to this"?

Who knows. I believe he meant that we should question why we haven't been back, not that we haven't been there.

Opinion not fact of course.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join