It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin admits they did not go to moon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I think everyone understands what he meant, some are just so desperate for proof of their silly theories they have to pretend this is it.

I'd really be interested to know why you guys think these idiot conspiracy theories are attractive. I have my beliefs, theories, of why, involving fear and often borderline personality disorders, it's sort of complicated, but what do you think is going on with these people? Is it just unbelievable stupidity and the inability to critically think, or is there more to it? I believe the level of stupidity is such that stupidity, alone, hardly explains it, though they are all, at least, slow on some developmental level, that a given. That is, there is stupidity, but is it really like Einstein, jokingly, but quite seriously, on the concept level, postulated?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

I think everyone understands what he meant, some are just so desperate for proof of their silly theories they have to pretend this is it.

I'd really be interested to know why you guys think these idiot conspiracy theories are attractive. I have my beliefs, theories, of why, involving fear and often borderline personality disorders, it's sort of complicated, but what do you think is going on with these people? Is it just unbelievable stupidity and the inability to critically think, or is there more to it? I believe the level of stupidity is such that stupidity, alone, hardly explains it, though they are all, at least, slow on some developmental level, that a given. That is, there is stupidity, but is it really like Einstein, jokingly, but quite seriously, on the concept level, postulated?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

I think a lot of it is just a desire to be "in the know" or to be aware of something that the rest of us sheep aren't aware of. It's attractive because it makes them feel like they're smarter than everyone else because they've put all those pieces together. And then once they get invested in it, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing where every bit of contrary information is just "disinformation".

It's also some ego, because they can't admit they were fooled or didn't think things through enough. That's especially prevalent in today's environment, where on average people are better-educated than they used to be, and have access to much more information due to the internet, smart phones etc, so they feel like their opinion and beliefs are already really well-informed. It makes them, probably subconsciously, less likely to give it up because they feel like they already put too much thought into it to have come to the wrong conclusion.

For example, look at the picture I posted here, where some folks are so sure this is "proof" that there's melted steel, where there's unmelted steel perfectly visible in the photo. People just can't accept they were that inattentive to detail.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I think a lot of it is just a desire to be "in the know" or to be aware of something that the rest of us sheep aren't aware of. It's attractive because it makes them feel like they're smarter than everyone else because they've put all those pieces together. And then once they get invested in it, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing where every bit of contrary information is just "disinformation".

It's also some ego, because they can't admit they were fooled or didn't think things through enough. That's especially prevalent in today's environment, where on average people are better-educated than they used to be, and have access to much more information due to the internet, smart phones etc, so they feel like their opinion and beliefs are already really well-informed. It makes them, probably subconsciously, less likely to give it up because they feel like they already put too much thought into it to have come to the wrong conclusion.

For example, look at the picture I posted here, where some folks are so sure this is "proof" that there's melted steel, where there's unmelted steel perfectly visible in the photo. People just can't accept they were that inattentive to detail.

That's an excellent analysis, one of the conclusions I also came to, especially involving the young male demographic, with a certain twist, though. There's always ego in the mix, an urgent need to feel special and "in the know" where there's low self-esteem, as it instantly elevates somebody to legend in their own mind status, part of the society of secret knowledge, elevated without having actually accomplished anything but soak up some crackpot website. You see this, a lot, in people under educated, as they can then elevate themselves, in their minds, to above the highly educated, who are instantly lowered to the ignorant, not having that special knowledge. In forums, I've noticed a lot of semi-literacy, grade school command of language you never see from educated people, who could never have survived, for instance, writing papers this way in school. But I've also wondered if there's an age component, such that young males, especially, have outgrown the comic book stage, but haven't been yet able to put away the notion of super heroes, diabolical villains, evil weird beings the good guys save the day from, etc. Real life is simply too boring, matter of fact. In other words, they're still in the fantasy shadow cast by their comic books, Star Trek or Star Wars, only move on to something even more thrilling to them: real life comic dramas! For a time, it beats having to grow up and face the fact a lot of people are simply greedy control freaks, who'd stage a war to sell weapons or grab barrels of oil, print currencies out of existance, because you can't have more stuff and be austere, work schemes to raid the treasury or con people out of enormous sums in markets, until the system collapses, that, in fact, man is hopelessly stupid, selfish and competitive, on the whole, working against his fellow man, creates disaster after disaster, to get more stuff, or the person you gave the cars keys is, actually, some maniac psychopath, as all history books testify to such being reality (history, boring, no action heroes or villains in tights that can fly or climb walls, then save the day), and, in fact, left to our own devices, we're screwed, or so stupid to possibly drown in the bathtub after one too many drinks or pills.

This is where I think fear comes in, as you'll notice that conspiracies also imply, very importantly, that, if we just get rid of some, say, deep state people, all our problems will be solved. Reality that civilization is on a course to spin out of control is too scary for many to accept. Fear of the unknown is too much, for many. So, it's a way of escaping reality and postulating solutions, like that Trump is going to drain the swamp of aliens, and we'll move on to Utopia, instead of WWIII. For WWIII, buy enough dried beans and a water filter, and you have a handle on that. Or, you see, we're enlightened now, have our act together, throwing a Rothschild in jail will do, history has been repealed, and my sorry, impotent ass could not possibly get fried in a mushroom cloud, now that we have iPhones and can expose the aliens on Facebook and Twitter. I feel better already...

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I tried-really did. But especially within context, he said they didn't go not that they didn't go again. If he spoke inerror, it was probably due to his mental state. Still, odd.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Responsibility in thread titles.

Even after the good debunk, and the realization that Buzz never said it, especially in the context of what was asked of him.... this THREAD TITLE REMAINS.

No way to change that, and a real problem when it comes to people that read titles and formulate opinions while not reading the content.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

That poor kid, He sounded like a drunk insane person. And his answer made no sense.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing

Believing what is being presented as 'science fact' could also be considered stupid.
Here is a documentary which exposes 'scientism'..........the religion that most are following whether they know it or not.
Watch to see if you are under a black magic spell.

If you mean what you say .........that you are really interested in knowing why some people don't believe what they have been fed as truth....please watch the documentary and report back.

edit on 29-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

edit on 29-7-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

If you mean what you say .........that you are really interested in knowing why some people don't believe what they have been fed as truth....please watch the documentary and report back.

And I would want to watch a two hour video by some flat earth moron why, pray tell? I should have made it clear the subject wasn't the desperately stupid or deceptive morons that bait other morons to Youtube, thinking that's a respectable or lucrative way to make a living. Everybody knows the truly stupid are just that. For instance, in the case of a Mongoloid, it is what it is, nothing begging an explanation, my question only relating to people that are, otherwise, intelligent, and that implication should have been quite clear. Well, alright, clear to somebody who's not an idiot, then.

How about this? Here are some coupons for Reynolds products, for your hat.

thekrazycouponlady.com...

Report back on the tin foil coupons that work.

Really. Like I'm going to give two hours of my life to some flat earth moron? You've got to be kidding, the scary thing that maybe you're not. I bet everybody's happy to see you at the holiday table. "Mom, don't throw out that foil! I know some other turkeys that need it! And did you notice the Mandela Effect in the stuffing?"

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing
I am not at all surprised by your reply.................it is because of your unwillingness to look that you will always be able to claim that you are not stupid or an idiot but others are. The belief that Einstein was not including you when he said what he said....that you are exempt.
You said that you would be really interested to know.................but you were not really.

If you do not want to watch the video because it is too long.................please feel free to go online and research the terms 'Scientism' and 'The Science Dictatorship'.
There is a good book The Magician's Twin: C. S. Lewis on Science, Scientism, and Society...............on Amazon that you could review.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

There's a video of buzz punching a guy for suggesting we didn't go to the moon. This is just spin.

It's not really even a conspiracy theory anymore that we didn't go to the moon. It's obvious we did go to the moon.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well, at one point it was an "idiot conspiracy theory" to say that the earth went around the sun and was not the center of the universe, or that there was more than just our solar system, or that we were just one of many galaxies, until science proved all of those things to be true. It is out of "idiot conspiracy theories" or as I like to say questioning prevailing beliefs that science is born.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Well, at one point it was an "idiot conspiracy theory" to say that the earth went around the sun and was not the center of the universe, or that there was more than just our solar system, or that we were just one of many galaxies, until science proved all of those things to be true. It is out of "idiot conspiracy theories" or as I like to say questioning prevailing beliefs that science is born.

And that is such lame sophistry, circular thinking weirdness, blowing smoke. There is painfully abundant, absolute proof, on so many levels it's not funny, that the earth is not flat. I suppose it doesn't occur to you there is no intelligent reason to revert to the wholly disproven theories and follies of the past? Why don't we just declare don't believe your lying eyes, cover all bases, deny everything modern and revert to the medieval? Makes sense to me. I'm not being mean, rather objective, to state that anybody, in this age, that claims the earth is flat can only be one of two things: desperately stupid, or a deceiver. As to deceiver, for whatever reason, both are deceivers. I find zero profit in such idiocy, just as I no longer read comic books. Nor should you expect anybody to appreciate having their intelligence so insulted. Conspiracy whackjobs, that flunk critical thinking out of the gate, insult all thinking people, and I don't have the time or patience for liars, wouldn't have one in my life. Let's agree on one thing from way back, that lying is evil, very evil. It's one of major sins, lumped in with murder. Trying to make fools of people is very evil, utter disregard of others, no honor in a con man. Now, on that, the flat earther would be forced to part company and declare themselves a modern thinker, who doesn't agree lying is wrong, agree a liar is a useless and misleading horse's ass. What profit anybody, whatsoever, thinks there is in claiming the earth is flat, in 2018, beggars description. For myself, I don't want to talk about Batman, either.

You need to move on to somebody else, who cares to hear it. I'm simply not that stupid, and there are many people, most people, that would say the same. Test all your conspiracies on people in real life, in the world around you, though you may already wonder where your friends went. Has it ever dawned on you guys it may not be everybody else that's painfully ignorant, or secretly working for the deep state against you? Do you have a dictionary? If so, look up these words, "paranoid" and "delusional". You know something else? All mental cases insist you are wrong, that flying weasels really are ripping away their flesh, may go as far as accusing you of being a flying weasel, in disguise. You could not tell them anything different. Likewise, I really can't see what use it would be to say anything to a flat earther, posting that nonsense over communications networks replete with satellites. If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

Lastly, I can't respect anybody on the Youtube click baiting circuit. Lying for money is, flatout, scamming people, conning people, the stuff criminals are made of. Fake news is not news, and it's, literally, a destructive assault on the minds of gullible people, playing on fears and promoting delusions, promoting unsound minds in people. That is a very ugly and dishonorable thing to do, plain evil.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I am in no way a flat earther, I don't know what gave you that impression or why you even brought it up. I just believe in science , not scientism, If you just blanket believe anything you are told with out question because you saw a photo or a scientist said it , than you have the mind of a child and are not even worth engaging with. All I am saying is I approach everything with a healthy dose of skepticism and question everything. That is science. Scientism is no different than religion only your high priests are "Scientist".

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I also love how you brought politics into this with the deep state comment, you have shown who you are. Just another LIB with trump derangement syndrome. You libs are so miserable because politics pervades every part of your life. You will be ignored because I know there is no debate with a liberal. BYE

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

I also love how you brought politics into this with the deep state comment, you have shown who you are. Just another LIB with trump derangement syndrome. You libs are so miserable because politics pervades every part of your life. You will be ignored because I know there is no debate with a liberal. BYE

That's hilarious. I said what about Trump, and what liberal? I like Trump much, thus far, and the last thing I've ever been called is a liberal. But your paranoia and slanderous things you simply pull out of your ass aside (how typical of a tin foil hat, QED), does this mean you aren't going to let me borrow your secret decoder ring? You're breaking my heart. Alright, then. You have my permission to ignore me, and it's only appropriate to thank you for that, as well as merciful God. But I had so looked forward to a lively conversation about Bigfoot with you, maybe even gotten to know you better, swapped a few DC comics. This is devastating.

edit on 29-7-2018 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
OP. YOu can see the evidence still on the moon itself with a high powered telescope,and even shoot a laser to the moon and measure the distance due to a specially posted laser target/mirror they manually set up on the moon while there.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You can indeed fire lasers at the reflectors at up there by Buzz (and others), but you there are no terrestrial telescopes powerful enough to see any hardware there.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

True.

But orbiters have taken startlingly clear pictures of the sites from lunar orbit. Right down to the tracks left by the boots, and the rover.

Though, of course, those are dismissed as faked by the no-go-ites.

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Absolutely - I've had lots of fun finding the evidence in Japanese, Chinese and Indian imagery

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join