It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Mistake Vitamins for Opioids and Jail Innocent Mom for Months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I use to be fully supportive of the cops but I see the day coming when law abiding folks like myself are going to have to take the step of telling the cops to either bugger off or call for backup while us citizens call for our own backup. Maybe then the cops will think twice about messing with people for no reason.
edit on 27-7-2018 by TonyS because: TA

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Any law that is unconstitutional is just a money making tool.
And they probably knew the test kits were junk , probably what they wanted.....

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I use to be fully supportive of the cops but I see the day coming when law abiding folks like myself are going to have to take the step of telling the cops to either bugger off or call for backup while us citizens call for our own backup. Maybe then the cops will think twice about messing with people for no reason.

I keep telling people this. It’s a matter of time before some power tripping cops go hard on the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time and they will be swarmed by an angry mob. We also should be concerned about the eventual and inevitable introduction of a robotic police force, think it’s bad now just wait about 30 years.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The answer is simple math really. Rehab costs way more than jail. Residential "rehab" costs are around $1,000 per day. Jail only costs about $200 per day. Rehab is 500% more expensive than jail.

Secondly, and likely more importantly, rehab only works if the person wants to be there. If they don't, not only will it not work for them, it will very likely not work for anyone around them. So one bad apple in rehab really can spoil the bunch.

Lastly, rehab is only successful less than 50% of the time (and this is with 'willing' participants). Add in a bunch of unwilling persons and this number drops to about 5% success rates.

So just re-directing drug offenders to rehab doesn't really accomplish much other than spend more taxpayer money and reduce success rates for those who want to be there.

Personally, I think some sort of a deferred sentence work-release program would work better.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why the eff did the assholr cop want to search her car because sh had a flat tire??

Tha is the problem right there?? Why even ask?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

She probably assumed she had nothing to hide, vitamins being perfectly legal.

Wanted some help with her car and thought that to allow a silly search, that would return nothing illegal, may expedite the procedure.

Five month procedure through???

The guy should lose his job at the very least.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well, first of all she didn't have a flat tire, she ran out of gas.

And the linked articles conveniently fail to disclose why the LEO searched the vehicle.

He may have had probable cause, or he may not have had any. Without this information it is impossible to pass judgement on what happened at the scene. This is why I maintain that the real injustice here wasn't at the scene, but rather at the court / jail.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

PEOPLE!!....you really need to understand the arresting officer had exactly ZERO say in how long she was detained at the jail. None, zero...NADA!!

She could have been out that night if her douche-bag husband could have come up with a measly $500 bucks! If your wife was in jail, and it was going to cost you $500 bucks to get her out, would you let her sit there for FIVE MONTHS????

And you guys are blaming the cop??? All he did was arrest her, under circumstances which have been conveniently omitted by the media. You don't know what happened!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Surely running out of Petrol does not warrant probable cause to search a vehicle through?

Unless she was somehow acting in a strange or aggressive manner why would any LEO even propose such a thing?

The real injustice is that this happened at all but the buck should stop, or start as the case may be, with the person that instigated the whole darn mess, that being the officer in question.

Elsewhere does it end, who is going to ask Police for help or seek their assistance when they know they can pull crap like that?

Stuff running out of gas down that neck of the woods. LoL

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Of course, I'm blaming the cop, he put an innocent woman in prison for 5 months by way of his actions.

He started it, did he not?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Well none of this would have hapened if the cop doesnt just assume she has something in her car.

I was pullled over for speeding just a few months ago, Im a 45 year old white guy driving a Honda and the cop is gonna ask me do I have anything illegal in the car.

I said no and he asked if i minded if he took a look I said why and no you cant take a look. I was not drunk or hi I was just on my way home from work..

It is not their job to assume we are criminals.. And its not ok..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Maybe he did not have the £500.

Ive not got a spare £500 lying around at the moment.

Maybe they simply did not wish to entertain extorsion? Which is essentially what bail amounts to when you are innocent.
edit on 27-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Maybe he did not have the £500.

Ive not got a spare £500 lying around at the moment.

So even if they were Opiats she would just be a user because a dealer would have 500$

So yeah lets lock users up for 5 months..

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

BULL!!!!, what right did the cops have to search her car to begin with??

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

yeah she is gonna get paid. i would go to jail to thinking about my trip to the bank...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

BULL!!!!, what right did the cops have to search her car to begin with??

They asked and she said yes... but why even ask??? They obviously had no probable cause because all she had were vitamins.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So your ok with the police searching your car for no valid reason, when no infraction has been committed and no crime reported??
I highly doubt it!

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Locking up Opiate users is nonsensical at the best of times.

Be cheaper just giving them the drugs they require and allowing them to be on about there addiction really if somewhat ambivalent too there situation.

Actually getting them the help they require to curb such addiction, well that probably cost around the same as housing them in gaol for 5 months.

End of the day drugs are available in Prison the same as the streets they just cost more monies.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes I know, unfortunately she consented to an illegal search..I bet her and her family have a brand new perspective on the popo and how they operate.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

No, but they didn't forcibly search her car without her permission either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join