It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob death Villagers in Kandal kill bike thief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have seen videos of a village going after a thief or businesses in town turning out to capture someone thinking they can rob or steal a bike (whatever).. I must admit there is a part of me that thinks that is great.. Swift justice and instant Karma all in one stroke...

Many of the videos I have seen: by the time the cops get there the thief (s) are usually laying in a puddle of their own blood..

Let us hope only the guilty ever have to face suck an ordeal.. Now I feel guilty for not feeling sorry for the thief who lost his life... Wait...OK I am over it !!

I wonder what would happen to Chorvorn in what some claim to be a more civilized society..? As far as I can tell he is waiting for the cops to find his motorbike.. IMO they should have given him the Thieves bike until his was found..

The report says that around 4pm Chorvorn parked and locked his bike at a dam in order to check fishing nets. Upon returning, he saw two men trying to steal his ride. Chorvorn then shouted out for help.

While trying to escape, the suspects tried hitting Chorvorn, but ended up falling themselves. Chorvorn then started hitting them with a wooden stick.

One guy got away on Chorvon's motor bike but the other thief and his own bike were not so lucky. As a matter of fact he died from his injuries before reaching the hospital..
www.phnompenhpost.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Everyone deserves their day in court not mob justice.
I hope the people who killed the fella have their own day in court.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Is stealing the bike an equivalent for taking a life? In what universe does this make sense?

Am I reading this wrong? Was this his only way to make a living? Were these thieves stealing bikes in addition to other chicanery?

Sorry, I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Everyone deserves their day in court not mob justice.
I hope the people who killed the fella have their own day in court.

Your response is why I live and like Asia.

A thief is caught red handed trying to steal someones stuff. Everyone comes to the VICTIMS aide not the theif's aide. No one cares about the thief's childhood or was he abused and maybe missed breakfast they only care he is trying to steal someone else's hard earned stuff.

Much of Asia is Buddhist.. They missed the whole turn the other cheek thingy.

A day in court should be used to prove one's innocence or guilt.. There was no doubt about the guilt in this case.. So... the guilty got their reward for being a detriment to society and a thief.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Is stealing the bike an equivalent for taking a life? In what universe does this make sense?

Am I reading this wrong? Was this his only way to make a living? Were these thieves stealing bikes in addition to other chicanery?

Sorry, I don't get it.

a motorbike can take years to save for in some countries.. In Certain parts of Africa is is a bicycle they save for years to acquire ... The only way to get around for many people is on the motorbike so by the thieves stealing the families only transportation it takes on a much greater meaning than many would think. The guy was going to check his fishing nets.. That is not a hobby for many but an act of survival and providing for the family...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I agree that the seriousness of the bike loss could have dire consequences for him and his family. However, it is a very 3rd world country consequence. First world would typically punish the thief-maybe consider the thief's also dire living circumstances-and provide a solution for both the thief and the victim.
edit on 27-7-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

First world would typically punish the thief-maybe consider the thief's also dire living circumstances-and provide a solution for both the thief and the victim.

I am sorry, but in what universe? Lately, in the "first world" the rights of the criminal are more important than the victim's...
How about just dont steal, especially if one leaves in a country where the civilian punishment is possibly the loss of the perp's life...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

You're overthinking and trying to "universalize" this situation. This situation would play out differently in first worlds around the globe. We'll have to disagree.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The real threat to civilization is people who believe in mob "justice".

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: Justso

Sorry, I don't get it.

a motorbike can take years to save for in some countries.. In Certain parts of Africa is is a bicycle they save for years to acquire ... The only way to get around for many people is on the motorbike so by the thieves stealing the families only transportation it takes on a much greater meaning than many would think. The guy was going to check his fishing nets.. That is not a hobby for many but an act of survival and providing for the family...

Poor people who live in poor countries and have kids on purpose are stealing the future of their children, basically. If you're poor, blame your parents.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

We know what modern mob justice looks like. It takes place over the internet via social media.

We like to pretend that we're a society of laws, but thanks to platforms like Twitter and Facebook, all that has been erased. We may not be lying in pools of our own blood, but the destruction of our effective lives is just as total in other tangible ways.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I only disagree with what I quoted from your post. However, I do agree with you, in the first world it would go differently. The victim would lose his bike, the criminal would go away laughing, maybe receive an absolutelly minimal punishment by the law, that in no way will help the victim...

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So... the guilty got their reward for being a detriment to society and a thief.

Murdered over a motorcycle? You've got to be kidding!

Eff this, I've got to stop visiting this site................

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

An interesting parallel might be a thief in the states comes into my house (just to steal my bike), I fire my legally obtained, registered firearm at the individual killing him.

The cops swing by, shake my hand, call the meat wagon and haul the carcass away leaving me with the carpet cleaning bill.

or

The cops come and arrest me for killing a poor innocent thief who only wanted my bike because I had 2 and he had none.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well I did a simple youtube search "motorcycle thief caught and beaten" ... It would seem that thieves are getting caught and beaten all over the world.. You name the country and there seems to be a video. Here is a simple short video supposedly from London youtu.be... these are some of the least graphic I found

This looks like some place in Asia. The thief is lucky to be released by the owner and friends youtu.be...

Wonder if he will recover and go back to his life of stealing ? If he does you can bet he will be more careful next time..!

Instant justice or Karma .. I do realize there are those who would be rather see the victim give the thief money for gas and maybe a sandwich in case he is hungry.. Others would call the police from the safety of their hidden viewing area as their possessions are taken to never be seen again. To each his or her own way of dealing with thieves.

I did not realize Portland Or. was a hot bed of bike stealing but in actuality if you have something there are those who are will to steal it.. Living in the country I have 8 video cameras and only once has someone walked up and placed a sack over one of the cameras. He thought no one was at home .. One verbal warning "come in and you die" made him leave the property. When they wear a motorcycle helmet, visor down it is very hard to ID the individual plus IMO most thieves are looking for an easy "get what they want and leave with no hassle".

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
But wouldn't you hate to live out the rest of your life knowing you had killed someone over a bike?
I would. I'd rather call police, and live without one, or buy another one rather than kill someone over it.

The thief was a thief. The owner is a killer. Which is worse?

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
But wouldn't you hate to live out the rest of your life knowing you had killed someone over a bike?
I would. I'd rather call police, and live without one, or buy another one rather than kill someone over it.

The thief was a thief. The owner is a killer. Which is worse?

Thank you for your reply and the star is from me.

You have never been mugged, car jacked, or beaten to within an inch of your life have you ? You ever been shot at and missed ? In any of those situations if I ended up killing some misunderstood little darling I would feel it was my lucky day.

I would personally rather be judged by a jury than carried by six to my grave. What gives anyone the right to steal from you or take your life ? You want to sacrifice your life or stuff due to some taught higher calling, be my guest. There are plenty in this world who will defend their lives and property by any means at their disposal and IMO good for them..

When a mugger or a thief is taken down you have to wonder just how many other people's stuff and maybe lives are saved by putting a stop to the thief once and for all.

What is the old saying in the states, something like most people are only one mugging away from realizing they are responsible for their own health and safety and then getting themselves armed..

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Seems brutal but wasn't it little more than 100 years ago that horse thieves got instant justice at the end of a rope?
Some cultures still deal with thieves in a less mortal fashion by removing one of their hands for each offence which sounds extreme to those of us in more gentle societies but I have to wonder whose method is most effective as a disincentive to antisocial activity.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Seems brutal but wasn't it little more than 100 years ago that horse thieves got instant justice at the end of a rope?
Some cultures still deal with thieves in a less mortal fashion by removing one of their hands for each offence which sounds extreme to those of us in more gentle societies but I have to wonder whose method is most effective as a disincentive to antisocial activity.

Yep when my dad was a kid (he is 94 now) they (sheriff) formed a posse and captured a cattle thief. They hung the guy and the tree is still there...it is called the hangman's tree. They left the body hanging for all thieves and cattle rustlers to see what would happen... That was in west Texas... Like I said courts are to prove innocence or guilt. Caught red handed there are no doubts about guilt or innocence.

top topics

join